General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, lakespfc, Chris_in_LA, Admin, General Mods

#912589
Dinksy wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:56 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote:How is it my dance? I made a comment t qhi h you claim was me twisting and spinning, I want to k ow what I am twisting or spinning please? I can't see what I twisted or spun so I need you to tell me please
Okay PB , as you asking nicely, I'll play ball.
You said:
"Yep why even try to stop the spread eh, what's the point in vaccinating people even if its helps just small percentage, let them die I say."
That was in response to my personal view about jabs - that we should respect the individual's choice and not try to pressure that person either way.
The post didn't make any comment about not trying to stop the spread. I don't know why you put that. Maybe it's not mischievous, maybe it's just a wrong interpretation. Your second part is rhetorical and echoes the first while the last phrase is pure drama reminding me of Basil in the fire drill scene of Fawlty Towers. AKA: "I don't know why we bother, we should just let them all burn!"
Good morning dinky, as you day maybe it is a misinterpretation, I read your saying that the one jab after another as they find new variants was pointless, so I apologise if that was not what you meant. Maybe because I had read uspompeys post ams then yours I made the assumption of the same meaning.
I am a very sarcastic chap as you may have noticed, but I do not believe there is any twist it spin involved, I will say it how it is.
#912590
Portchesterblue2 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:04 am
Dinksy wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:56 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote:How is it my dance? I made a comment t qhi h you claim was me twisting and spinning, I want to k ow what I am twisting or spinning please? I can't see what I twisted or spun so I need you to tell me please
Okay PB , as you asking nicely, I'll play ball.
You said:
"Yep why even try to stop the spread eh, what's the point in vaccinating people even if its helps just small percentage, let them die I say."
That was in response to my personal view about jabs - that we should respect the individual's choice and not try to pressure that person either way.
The post didn't make any comment about not trying to stop the spread. I don't know why you put that. Maybe it's not mischievous, maybe it's just a wrong interpretation. Your second part is rhetorical and echoes the first while the last phrase is pure drama reminding me of Basil in the fire drill scene of Fawlty Towers. AKA: "I don't know why we bother, we should just let them all burn!"
Good morning dinky, as you day maybe it is a misinterpretation, I read your saying that the one jab after another as they find new variants was pointless, so I apologise if that was not what you meant. Maybe because I had read uspompeys post ams then yours I made the assumption of the same meaning.
I am a very sarcastic, OBNOXIOUS chap as you may have noticed, but I do not believe there is any twist it spin involved, I will say it how it is.
Fixed it for you.... :smt007 :D
#912591
Hilarious betelgeuse.
I want you to thimk about something. You had a little meltdown not long ago, tossed the pram let alone the toys claiming that everyone was trying to cancel you for your opinion. People were disagreeing with you and that is Allen debate, where you took it that you weren't allowed an opinion, but you weren't allowing their opinion so who was in the wrong? No one was, so did you really need to have a paddy and run to daddy and tell him that everyone was being mean to you because they wouldn't roll over and say you were right??
#912592
GreenBlue wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:20 pm
uspompeyfan wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:31 am
World studies show that vaccinated and non-vaccinated get the virus and while vax people may, in some cases, get a lesser Covid experience, in others they may get a worse one. With this strain, kids will still have a 99.997% chance of surviving and getting antibodies that many governments will not consider as it goes against the narrative of wanting to control its people.

Ultimately, you and your doctor should be the only ones who force untried and rushed vaccines to be pushed into your body. Weigh up both sides and don't let anyone force you to take it if you don't feel comfortable - in a couple of years, when many vaxed people come down with heart issues, no one will blames the vaccines!!!! (Oh yes, this has already been noticed by the medical field, I forgot).
US. I have tried really hard not to bite but your fishing skills are too good for me. It may make me look stupid if I am just ranting at a wind-up merchant but I've started, so I'll finish.

Firstly, you insinuate that the vaccine makes not a jot of difference to whether you get the virus or not. Simply wrong pal! A typical Trump-esque remark and one which is not supported but science or facts.

Next you use the classic "untried and rushed vaccines being forced on us"... Again wrong. It is the most tried and tested vaccine in the history of mankind.

Next you try the fear card. "In a couple of years those who have been vaccinated will have heart issues". Again, total ******.

You absolutely have the right to your views but if you are quoting such things, please do share your sources so we can all be as enlightened as yourself.
+1

I've had all three jabs and, according to at least one theory, I am now a zomby controlled by the UK government...... :rofl

This has come from people with no expert medical knowledge who spend their time seeking out conspiracy theories from posts on obscure websites
#912593
Pompey55 wrote:
Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:09 pm
I’m not going to argue about the pros and cons of the vaccine but what is not being made public is the problems in getting a booster jab my wife and I have been trying to book a booster jab for more than a week and it is impossible to get an appointment anywhere in Portsmouth
The nearest we have been offered us is 13 miles away in Chichester
It’s all very fine expanding the number of people who can get it if it’s not available
Why are they not being honest there is a shortage of available jabs
Hi P55, I was in the same predicament trying to get the booster, nothing available on the usual hospital/doctor sites. In the end, I had mine done at Lalys Pharmacy in Guildhall Walk, plenty of free timeslots, and even a walk-in option I believe.
Good luck with getting it sorted.
#912597
Portchesterblue2 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:26 am
Hilarious betelgeuse.
I want you to thimk about something. You had a little meltdown not long ago, tossed the pram let alone the toys claiming that everyone was trying to cancel you for your opinion. People were disagreeing with you and that is Allen debate, where you took it that you weren't allowed an opinion, but you weren't allowing their opinion so who was in the wrong? No one was, so did you really need to have a paddy and run to daddy and tell him that everyone was being mean to you because they wouldn't roll over and say you were right??
Er who is "daddy"?

It is clear that on this board if you don't agree with the government narrative you get called out by people like you.

If masks and other restrictions work so well how come the rest of Europe are having a spike in infections?
Wee Jimmy Cranky can't wait to impose harsher restrictions in Scotland...their mask mandate and vaccine passport bs must have gone really well then!
#912599
It really is a quandary. Do I turn to the advice of hundreds of thousands world-renowned immunologists, virologists and medical professionals whose theories and recommended best practices have exponentially increased life-expectancy and reduced infant mortality to a tiny fraction of what it was sixty or so years ago? Or listen to some people who feel inconvenienced by a needle? Its a toughie. Edward Jenner was just over-reacting.

You know what? I'm tired of putting the car through an MOT every year. If I reckon its safe to drive, it is. Plus I'm sick of having to drive below 70 or whatever some arbitrary government rule dictates, because of their so-called research into road accidents. I'll park were I like, overtake cars how I like. Don't even talk to me about insurance. My car, my body, my risk. Bloody restrictions, where does it stop?
#912601
Well said.

We have experience in the UK of anti vaccination theories. 30 or so years ago people ‘knew’ MMR vaccines caused autism. Thousands of parents refused the jab for their children. In succeeding years hundreds died needlessly from measles. The main proponent of the theory was heavily punished and disgraced.

And so to the ‘Look out ! Before you know it smokers will be refused treatment.’

This almost defines non sequitur. Some institutions are requiring vaccinations to gain access to work. This is designed to keep infections down. This is so that the NHS has capacity to treat sick people. That includes old gits like me who ruined our health through smoking.

Far from refusing to treat unvaccinated people, the fact that they are treating them is one of the key factors in ICUs being under pressure. The majority of patients with Covid in ICUs are unvaccinated.

Stop talking nonsense and get vaccinated is my advice.

If you don’t and need the NHS, it will treat you. I hope you don’t find this out the hard way.
#912602
Betelgeuse wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:13 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 9:26 am
Hilarious betelgeuse.
I want you to thimk about something. You had a little meltdown not long ago, tossed the pram let alone the toys claiming that everyone was trying to cancel you for your opinion. People were disagreeing with you and that is Allen debate, where you took it that you weren't allowed an opinion, but you weren't allowing their opinion so who was in the wrong? No one was, so did you really need to have a paddy and run to daddy and tell him that everyone was being mean to you because they wouldn't roll over and say you were right??
Er who is "daddy"?

It is clear that on this board if you don't agree with the government narrative you get called out by people like you.

If masks and other restrictions work so well how come the rest of Europe are having a spike in infections?
Wee Jimmy Cranky can't wait to impose harsher restrictions in Scotland...their mask mandate and vaccine passport bs must have gone really well then!
I am sorry but how is me having a different opinion to you and telling you so 'calling you out?"
You have repeatedly called people who wear masks idiots, but get all uppity if they say they they want to wear them. Your are perfectly entitled to your opinion ion, but so is everyone else, its called choice and debate, not calling out
#912603
'What a disgraceful way of thinking. You're on the road to facism[

Comments like that above are offensive and unacceptable. People are allowed to express their views and if someone does not support the use of vaccines, that is up to them but it does not give them the right to call someone who opposes that view as being on their way to becoming a facist. I would go as far as to say that person needs to take a reality check and look back to the middle of the last century to see what Facism looks like.
#912604
Weybridge wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:42 pm
It really is a quandary. Do I turn to the advice of hundreds of thousands world-renowned immunologists, virologists and medical professionals whose theories and recommended best practices have exponentially increased life-expectancy and reduced infant mortality to a tiny fraction of what it was sixty or so years ago? Or listen to some people who feel inconvenienced by a needle? Its a toughie. Edward Jenner was just over-reacting.

You know what? I'm tired of putting the car through an MOT every year. If I reckon its safe to drive, it is. Plus I'm sick of having to drive below 70 or whatever some arbitrary government rule dictates, because of their so-called research into road accidents. I'll park were I like, overtake cars how I like. Don't even talk to me about insurance. My car, my body, my risk. Bloody restrictions, where does it stop?
:thumb
#912605
WJDPFC wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 2:49 pm
'What a disgraceful way of thinking. You're on the road to facism[

Comments like that above are offensive and unacceptable. People are allowed to express their views and if someone does not support the use of vaccines, that is up to them but it does not give them the right to call someone who opposes that view as being on their way to becoming a facist. I would go as far as to say that person needs to take a reality check and look back to the middle of the last century to see what Facism looks like.
I apologise if you found it offensive but I don't believe it's unacceptable to form that opinion. Do you think it's acceptable to have two tier society where the unvaccinated have restrictions placed on their lives? Because if you do I suggest you are looking at a form of facism.
What is wrong with people who are unsure or unconvinced by the vaccine (and with good reason given the number of medical issues compared with other more established vaccines, in fact this isn't even a vaccine) being hesitant and preferring to wait until more data is collected? They certainly shouldn't have their lives restricted and mandating a "vaccine" for a virus with a 99.7% survival rate is just plain lunacy.
#912606
Weybridge wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:42 pm
It really is a quandary. Do I turn to the advice of hundreds of thousands world-renowned immunologists, virologists and medical professionals whose theories and recommended best practices have exponentially increased life-expectancy and reduced infant mortality to a tiny fraction of what it was sixty or so years ago? Or listen to some people who feel inconvenienced by a needle? Its a toughie. Edward Jenner was just over-reacting.

You know what? I'm tired of putting the car through an MOT every year. If I reckon its safe to drive, it is. Plus I'm sick of having to drive below 70 or whatever some arbitrary government rule dictates, because of their so-called research into road accidents. I'll park were I like, overtake cars how I like. Don't even talk to me about insurance. My car, my body, my risk. Bloody restrictions, where does it stop?
If you're going to make comparisons then try doing it with something which isn't ridiculous.
#912608
Portchesterblue2 wrote:
Dinksy wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:56 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote:How is it my dance? I made a comment t qhi h you claim was me twisting and spinning, I want to k ow what I am twisting or spinning please? I can't see what I twisted or spun so I need you to tell me please
Okay PB , as you asking nicely, I'll play ball.
You said:
"Yep why even try to stop the spread eh, what's the point in vaccinating people even if its helps just small percentage, let them die I say."
That was in response to my personal view about jabs - that we should respect the individual's choice and not try to pressure that person either way.
The post didn't make any comment about not trying to stop the spread. I don't know why you put that. Maybe it's not mischievous, maybe it's just a wrong interpretation. Your second part is rhetorical and echoes the first while the last phrase is pure drama reminding me of Basil in the fire drill scene of Fawlty Towers. AKA: "I don't know why we bother, we should just let them all burn!"
Good morning dinky, as you day maybe it is a misinterpretation, I read your saying that the one jab after another as they find new variants was pointless, so I apologise if that was not what you meant. Maybe because I had read uspompeys post ams then yours I made the assumption of the same meaning.
I am a very sarcastic chap as you may have noticed, but I do not believe there is any twist it spin involved, I will say it how it is.
Fair do's Mr PB, as we say in the West Country. Thanks for reminding me of that brilliant fire drill scene from FT.
I'll leave you alone now as it looks like you've got enough on your hands with Mr B :shock:
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 16
Would you believe it?

So, as we all know, Pompey have a striker proble[…]

Danny Cowley Portsmouth FC career update

if you imagine these scenarios ball comes into th[…]

The Word Association Thread, ill start

Robin

Denver Hume

I don’t think he’ll be free. He is con[…]