A Portsmouth game closer to home this Wednesday evening

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

LukeB
Collins Mbesuma

A Portsmouth game closer to home this Wednesday evening

Post by LukeB »

Greetings, thanks for allowing me to post on here. I hope you don't mind me putting up the following information for Portsmouth fans who perhaps aren't traveling away to Shrewbury this Tuesday and/or want to see their club in action a little closer to home.

I'm a volunteer for my local football club Farnborough FC and this Wednesday evening we'll host Portmouth FC in the quarter finals of the Hampshire Senior Cup. I understand the side is likely to be a Portsmouth side made up of development/U23 and academy players.

For a non-league club like Farnborough, cup games like this are a chance to attract slightly more interest to our club and hopefully a larger crowd on the night to make it a bit more of an occasion.

For those of you who have not visited Farnborough Football Club before and are considering making the trip I'm sure you will find our club a welcoming and hospitable place to visit. We have a fully licensed, well-stocked bar and our stadium has a mixture of covered seating and terracing, as well as excellent access for people with disabilities and a good sized car park. The club has a band of match day volunteers who work hard to help run opperations off the pitch as smoothly as possible with limited resources.

Over the last few years the Easy As HGV Stadium has undergone – and is undergoing – a major transformation.
The tired old stands have either gone or been completely refurbished. A brand-new stand at the Prospect Road End has been constructed and has increase the capacity by over 1300 taking it up to a capacity of 7000.

In 2016, the Easy As HGV Stadium was awarded a Category B Grading.

We also have an old programme area within the club shop with a selection of international, league and non-league programmes - Including some old Pompey ones!

We hope to see as many Portsmouth fans as possible at Farnborough FC, this coming Wednesday!

Here are the details below:

---------------------------------------------------------------

Farnborough will host Portsmouth in the Hampshire Senior Cup Quarter-Final on Wednesday 23 February.

The tie will take place at the Easy As HGV Stadium, Farnborough with a 7:45pm kick-off.

In ties where there is a draw after 90 minutes play or the agreed time having been played, the match shall be decided by penalty kicks. Extra time will not be played in any tie.

Wednesday 23 February, 7:45pm
Farnborough vs Portsmouth
Hampshire Senior Cup Quarter-Final
Easy As Hgv Stadium, Cherrywood Rd, Farnborough GU14 8UD

Admission Prices:
• Adult £8
• Concession £6
• 16-21 year old £4
• Under 16 FREE when accompanied by a paying Adult

Car Park is £2 per vehicle.

Tickets are now available to purchase online via eventbrite but are available on the turnstiles on the night. Contactless(preferable) or cash accepted. Simply search 'Farnborough FC'.