How many transfer deals tomorrow

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: How many transfer deals tomorrow

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:39 am One of the players I hope we don’t sign that we have been linked with is Danny Hylton he has a poor track record and not the young player who we can develop.
I really can’t see that he could possibly be under consideration as you say his record outside of league 2 is very poor showing that is probably his real level
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:04 am
jam tomorrow wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:39 am One of the players I hope we don’t sign that we have been linked with is Danny Hylton he has a poor track record and not the young player who we can develop.
I really can’t see that he could possibly be under consideration as you say his record outside of league 2 is very poor showing that is probably his real level
is that another case of lazy journos though, they know we need strikers so are going to link us with every striker on the market till september
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

In that case why not say Gareth Bale
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:44 am In that case why not say Gareth Bale
the window isnt over yet ;)
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 10:44 am In that case why not say Gareth Bale
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

I sincerely hope we are not looking at Hylton. If we want an experienced striker, please can we offer Aiden O’Brien a new contract? I thought he was more than useful last season and performed well in partnership with Hirst. IMHO those two were our most potent attacking strikers when alongside one another.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Know it’s early days yet but a big fat zero incoming so far
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

According to The Snooze this afternoon , we are NOT in the market for Danny Hylton.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

That probably means he signed this afternoon
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Claygate wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 11:45 am
I sincerely hope we are not looking at Hylton. If we want an experienced striker, please can we offer Aiden O’Brien a new contract? I thought he was more than useful last season and performed well in partnership with Hirst. IMHO those two were our most potent attacking strikers when alongside one another.
I thought when the retained list was announced he was said to have been offered a contract extension however the longer it goes on the less likely him staying is in my opinion
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

rumourmonger wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 5:52 pm According to The Snooze this afternoon , we are NOT in the market for Danny Hylton.
Good.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

We HAVE offered AOB a deal, he just hasn't accepted it yet. If you look at his Insta account you will see a picture of him chilling out in a pool on holiday. He's probably sunbathing, relaxing, drinking beer, weighing up his options.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

The snooze at its very best apparently we are competing with Derby for Marlon Pack
This is the Derby who can not renew contracts can not sign players and whos takeover has fallen to pieces because the preferred bidder hasn’t provided promised funds for wages and no other promised funds
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:53 pm The snooze at its very best apparently we are competing with Derby for Marlon Pack
This is the Derby who can not renew contracts can not sign players and whos takeover has fallen to pieces because the preferred bidder hasn’t provided promised funds for wages and no other promised funds
Derby, the 2020s version of the 2010s Pompey? I don't know much about their demise, but hope for their fans, they don't suffer like us (well except the 10 points for going into Admin if they do, now).
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:51 pm
We HAVE offered AOB a deal, he just hasn't accepted it yet. If you look at his Insta account you will see a picture of him chilling out in a pool on holiday. He's probably sunbathing, relaxing, drinking beer, weighing up his options.
Latest is that AOB isn’t happy with the deal offered and there seems to be an impasse with neither party moving, whether this is a negotiating ploy or not he says he has other offers which isn’t a surprise really.