Owls v Pompey

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Owls v Pompey

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Cracking second half.

Really really enjoyed that game.

Excited for the new season.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 70 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Fantastic result, and great to see our golden boy on the score sheet. I suspect he will be pushing the dubious goals panel to give him the second too as the ball looked over the line before Jacobs made sure. How on earth we weren't awarded a penalty at the death is beyond me - looked stonewall. Robertson injury not too bad either apparently which is great news.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Thanks for that link I must say both of their first 2 goals were really poor one to concede
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Thanks. Three headed goals. Feels like more than we scored the entirety of last season.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 387 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:53 am
Thanks. Three headed goals. Feels like more than we scored the entirety of last season.
Totally agree re. the headers. We have goals in us this season. PUP
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 129 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Good start, as plenty of teams will lose there this season. Great to see that our new look forward line has goals in it too.

Shame we couldn't hold on for the win, but wasn't like we gave it away really since it took an excellent strike to get them back on terms.

Cautiously optimistic I'd say at this stage.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

The incident not in the highlights too where Dane Scarlett nearly had his head kicked off!
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:02 am The incident not in the highlights too where Dane Scarlett nearly had his head kicked off!
Joe Morrell was sent off last season for far less than that. Apparently, the ref had a shocker, for both teams though.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:42 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 9:02 am The incident not in the highlights too where Dane Scarlett nearly had his head kicked off!
Joe Morrell was sent off last season for far less than that. Apparently, the ref had a shocker, for both teams though.
The ref was bad for both sides.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Despite all the Owl fans berating that they could have taken 3 points I think they were lucky at the end not to lose 4-3 that was a stonewall penalty. Having said that they seemed to cut into us like a knife through butter especially in the first half. We definitely need to strengthen our defence would someone like Carter have made a difference I don’t know?Although I think with time together they will get better still think we need more cover at centre back.As has been said we need two or three new additions to make the difference.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:54 am Despite all the Owl fans berating that they could have taken 3 points I think they were lucky at the end not to lose 4-3 that was a stonewall penalty. Having said that they seemed to cut into us like a knife through butter especially in the first half. We definitely need to strengthen our defence would someone like Carter have made a difference I don’t know?Although I think with time together they will get better still think we need more cover at centre back.As has been said we need two or three new additions to make the difference.

Carter wasn't even in Blackburn's 18 man squad yesterday, and I've heard rumours that Danny hasn't given up on getting him back
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Selsey Bill wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 2:30 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 11:54 am Despite all the Owl fans berating that they could have taken 3 points I think they were lucky at the end not to lose 4-3 that was a stonewall penalty. Having said that they seemed to cut into us like a knife through butter especially in the first half. We definitely need to strengthen our defence would someone like Carter have made a difference I don’t know?Although I think with time together they will get better still think we need more cover at centre back.As has been said we need two or three new additions to make the difference.

Carter wasn't even in Blackburn's 18 man squad yesterday, and I've heard rumours that Danny hasn't given up on getting him back
Might be why he is leaving until the last minute although I did think that the two goals by their midfielder Fiz could have been prevented by one of our outfielders
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Chicken_Fillery
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Chicken_Fillery »

Carter is out with a Hamstring injury.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager

Post by Selsey Bill »

Chicken_Fillery wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 7:18 am

Carter is out with a Hamstring injury.
Oh!