Bristol Rovers

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Bristol Rovers

Post by NSRailings »

Difficult to predict games at the moment. I'd feel more confident if Pigott was playing as I think we'll need experience to get a win today. We played some great football in the home game in August. But hopefully 2-1 Pompey.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric

Re: Bristol Rovers

Post by NSRailings »

An early goal for us 2nd half would be ideal.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Where is everyone? I’m waiting for the glowing reports. I was busy with rugby.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Pompey55 »

New Forester wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:55 pm Where is everyone? I’m waiting for the glowing reports. I was busy with rugby.
Whoops sorry some of us have only just got back from Bristol
All in all a good overall performance against what was a pretty poor team who never started playing until they were 2-0 down
The irony is Barton said 4-4-2 doesn’t work guess he proved that today by playing it
The tackle on Morrel on its own deserved a red card yet alone the subsequent head butt
All in all a good day out in particular for my granddaughter who could not believe it when we took our seats only for Marlon Pack to be sat behind her
He made her season I think at halftime by signing her ticket and taking a selfie with her every credit to him sitting with the fans and not in some posh directors area
Is that what you wanted
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 37 times

Post by PeteM »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:56 pm
New Forester wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 6:55 pm Where is everyone? I’m waiting for the glowing reports. I was busy with rugby.
All in all a good overall performance against what was a pretty poor team who never started playing until they were 2-0 down
The irony is Barton said 4-4-2 doesn’t work guess he proved that today by playing it
The tackle on Morrel on its own deserved a red card yet alone the subsequent head butt
All in all a good day out in particular for my granddaughter who could not believe it when we took our seats only for Marlon Pack to be sat behind her
He made her season I think at halftime by signing her ticket and taking a selfie with her every credit to him sitting with the fans and not in some posh directors area
Is that what you wanted
Great to hear that (both about the performance and that your granddaughter had such a good day - fair play to Marlon, good lad) :thumb
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Surprise, surprise, I hear Joey Barton got a red card. I wonder if that's the first he's ever got.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

PeteM wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:00 pm
Is that what you wanted
Great to hear that (both about the performance and that your granddaughter had such a good day - fair play to Marlon, good lad) :thumb
I was several rows back from you and spotted Marlon Pack at halftime and pointed him out to the" 4-0 Written all over it team". I did not realise it was you doing the "selfies" with Marlon. I think he had his young son with him.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 11:22 pm
PeteM wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:00 pm
Is that what you wanted
I was several rows back from you and spotted Marlon Pack at halftime and pointed him out to the" 4-0 Written all over it team". I did not realise it was you doing the "selfies" with Marlon. I think he had his young son with him.
Yes he did have his son with him but we asked him politely to sign her ticket and he offered the photo with her which was nice it was just the one photo as I didn’t want to impose
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric

Post by NSRailings »

I could only listen but it sounds like confidence playing away is growing. Ogilvie did well in the build up to the penalty looking at the highlights. Just bought tickets for Vale game :thumb
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Barton has thrown his toys out the pram again the first was offside, there was never a penalty and their player should not have been sent of for a heat butt
Guess he managed his team like he played
Once a thug always a thug
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

I cannot get to matches these days. On match days I think of all those fans who travel far and wide to see their teams. I miss the times I left in in the early hours to return the next day in the early hours after trips to the far North in Lucketts coaches. Although TV and radio gives some idea, there's nothing like a report back from fans after matches. Many of the insights here make much more sense than those of well paid pundits.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 30 times

Post by StMonkton »

From TV ( I know, I know!) it looked a clear offside. The penalty was less certain but looked like shirt pulling.

The red card seemed about right.

Note. This is not a defence of Mr Barton, who does not rank highly in the list of football people I respect.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Didn’t realise Marquis was playing for Bristol. How did he do?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric

Post by NSRailings »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:48 am Didn’t realise Marquis was playing for Bristol. How did he do?
See 5 minutes in

Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

New Forester wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:42 am I cannot get to matches these days. On match days I think of all those fans who travel far and wide to see their teams. I miss the times I left in in the early hours to return the next day in the early hours after trips to the far North in Lucketts coaches. Although TV and radio gives some idea, there's nothing like a report back from fans after matches. Many of the insights here make much more sense than those of well paid pundits.
ifollow pass for away games NF. Very funny watching the Barton meltdown. The pen looked clear to me, their defender was preventing Lane from getting the ball.