Dale

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 218 times
Been liked: 111 times

Dale

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I liked Dale when he first arrived and continued to think there was a Player there. However recently he has been appalling continuingly losing the ball from good positions. As for his crosses I could cross the ball better than he does and I am in my seventies, pity the legs have gone!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 145 times

Re: Dale

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:25 am I liked Dale when he first arrived and continued to think there was a Player there. However recently he has been appalling continuingly losing the ball from good positions. As for his crosses I could cross the ball better than he does and I am in my seventies, pity the legs have gone!
I’d agree that he lacks a final ball but does work his socks off tracking back I would just let the loan end and send him back maybe we can offer a special deal and send Hackett on the same train north another who lacks a final anything
Dale is pretty certainly replaced by Lane anyway
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:02 am
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:25 am I liked Dale when he first arrived and continued to think there was a Player there. However recently he has been appalling continuingly losing the ball from good positions. As for his crosses I could cross the ball better than he does and I am in my seventies, pity the legs have gone!
Well he’s out now with a hamstring issue so guess that’s it for this season
I’d agree that he lacks a final ball but does work his socks off tracking back I would just let the loan end and send him back maybe we can offer a special deal and send Hackett on the same train north another who lacks a final anything
I thought it was Lane that had the hamstring issue not Dale.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 145 times

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:58 am
Pompey55 wrote: Tue Mar 28, 2023 10:02 am
Well he’s out now with a hamstring issue so guess that’s it for this season
I thought it was Lane that had the hamstring issue not Dale.
Yes you will note I had edited out the first line a while ago
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

what i find most frustrating about dale and his crossing is that he delays way too much, and that contributes to the the final ball not looking great, as anyone in the middle is sat back waiting for it. he gets a yard and should cross but then turns back and goes through that 5 times before he does cross, the striker made the run the first time and is now stood waiting with the defender stood next to him. make a yard and cross the damn thing
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 123 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I like Dale but I agree with what is already been posted concerning how frustrating he is. A typical winger in many respects, flattering to deceive. It's a shame really because seeing a winger neat his man and deliver dangerous crosses is one of the most exciting sights in football.

Does anyone remember Micky Travers? He was pretty useless but he did have one redeeming feature where he could put in excellent crosses. He wasn't really a winger but because of his ability to cross a ball he was stuck out on the wing. But because he wasn't particularly clever he couldn't beat his marker so instead of taking him on he would deliver his cross as soon as he could. These early crosses were quite dangerous and he became more useful. Dale coul learn a thing or two from Travers and deliver his crosses earlier without having to beat his an several times over.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

The FGR game has just shown Dale`s limitations. Scored his second goal of the season also from a header. Then misses two virtual `open goal` chances. Continually lost the ball or ran into `dead end` situations. Send him back to Blackpool!
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

I like Dale, he has his limitations though. But I do like that he is willing to take on defenders and try to get past them and in around the back, unlike many of our team who only seem to pass sideways or back.
Yes he is frustrating though and lacks a good cross. Before the match yesterday I spoke with those around me that I wished that he passed the ball in earlier, making it our strikers problem if they had not populated the box, this he surprising did in the first quarter of the match, but still failed to get a decent cross in.
Seems to me he has the ability but not yet the confidence to know when to cross early and when to take a bit more time to get the right pass in.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE