Johjn Mousinho

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Johjn Mousinho

Post by eltorrro »

Like West Ham did tonight! That's the way to endear yourself to your supporters.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Did watch Sevilla last night? What a performance, what a crowd. Tremendous pressing attacking football. I'm quite jealous of clubs like that at times. ME buys Pompey, comes out with this vision of producing our own talent and moving through the leagues, he's a billionaire multiple times....after 6 years we're still mid table league one with no talent at all. What is the ****** point.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Betelgeuse wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:51 am Did watch Sevilla last night? What a performance, what a crowd. Tremendous pressing attacking football. I'm quite jealous of clubs like that at times. ME buys Pompey, comes out with this vision of producing our own talent and moving through the leagues, he's a billionaire multiple times....after 6 years we're still mid table league one with no talent at all. What is the ****** point.
but you dont want to have that argument right ??
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Betelgeuse wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:51 am Did watch Sevilla last night? What a performance, what a crowd. Tremendous pressing attacking football. I'm quite jealous of clubs like that at times. ME buys Pompey, comes out with this vision of producing our own talent and moving through the leagues, he's a billionaire multiple times....after 6 years we're still mid table league one with no talent at all. What is the ****** point.
Fact!
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 10 times
Been liked: 55 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Mr Dee wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 10:49 am
Fact!
what is?
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Last night I learnt that in the 20/21 season when Sheffield Wednesday finsihed bottom of the championship they were financially the worst performing football club in Europe. With debts of £124 million and losing £500k per week.

I then watched South Park.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 185 times
Been liked: 36 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

So does that mean we'll do the same then? What's your point?
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 180 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Betelgeuse wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 12:56 pm So does that mean we'll do the same then? What's your point?
Absolutely none at all. Just like yours.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 143 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Blue Walter »

The way that Sevilla approached the game is how I expected Pompey to with an unlikely play off place at stake. Our crowd would have reacted in much the same way if we had seen the effort and heart displayed by the Sevilla team during this latest run. Michael Eisner cannot be best pleased at what we have witnessed so I wonder how he will veiw things, whether or not it affects his strategy. It could be that he wonders whether it is all worth it or, conversley, whether that will jolt him into making more money available for the team rebuild.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 388 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Wow. Some really interesting points and all valid as we all have differing opinions, rightly so.

Firstly, I still believe that JM is a good appointment. He is articulate and respected but he is a novice in his trade but one whom I believe will develop. I think it is ridiculous to suggest that we should be looking to get rid of him either now or at the end of the season... absolutely ridiculous. he has a win rate of 45% and has only lost 4 matches. Some of those who are calling for him to go were actually saying we were in a relegation battle before he took over. I know we have all been disappointed with performances but give the guy a chance, he has only managed 20 matches.

Some earlier suggested GON or Kompany but we are nowhere near Burnley nor Bournemouth in the league structure so we were never likely to be able to compete with them. (Whether we are a bigger club is another matter)

Next, it does make me chuckle when people suggest season ticket money is our money. Once we spend it, it is no longer ours. When you fill up with petrol or pay for you weekly shop do you claim that the money you gave to Shell or Tesco is still yours? I understand the point you make though, you feel you deserve value for money but, it is not your money, it is up to Shell, Tesco or Pompey to do with it as they wish. Absolutely, you can stop buying from Shell and Tesco and shop elsewhere, but we can't of course do that with Pompey... can we!

Finally, the use of the phrase "the players weren't even trying" I hope is used in frustration rather than with intelligent thought. Maybe they are tired, lack confidence or are simply not a good enough standard but I am certain they are all trying.

I will probably get slaughtered for some of my points in this post but as I stated at the beginning, we all have different views and opinions and just because I am content with the current manager and owner, doesn't make my views any less valid than others'.
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 33 times

Post by StMonkton »

Well said GB.

Sounds like the voice of reason to me.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 57 times

Post by New Forester »

To me too. It’s too soon to judge JM.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompeymack
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 4 times

Post by Pompeymack »

Let's also remember that these are not JMs players. Plymouth and Ipswich have also appointed novice managers and that seems to be working OK.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 130 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

GreenBlue wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 4:15 pm
Firstly, I still believe that JM is a good appointment. He is articulate and respected but he is a novice in his trade but one whom I believe will develop. I think it is ridiculous to suggest that we should be looking to get rid of him either now or at the end of the season... absolutely ridiculous. he has a win rate of 45% and has only lost 4 matches. Some of those who are calling for him to go were actually saying we were in a relegation battle before he took over. I know we have all been disappointed with performances but give the guy a chance, he has only managed 20 matches.
Really good post, especially this paragraph which sums up how I feel about things too.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompeymack wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 6:05 pm Let's also remember that these are not JMs players. Plymouth and Ipswich have also appointed novice managers and that seems to be working OK.
To be fair it sounds like Hughes is going to be responsible for the transfer side so next season isn’t likely to be Jose’s players either.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix