Brighton Owners v Ours

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 40 times

Re: Brighton Owners v Ours

Post by PeteM »

eltorrro wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:29 pm I read yesterday that Bristol City are very interested in Morrell.

Don't know too much about them or their financial situation...is that Mr Tan and his 'red birds' still??
That's Cardiff. Steve Lansdown is the owner of Bristol City (and Bristol rugby club) - made his money as a co-founder of Hargreaves Lansdown.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 70 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

PeteM wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:44 pm
eltorrro wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 12:29 pm I read yesterday that Bristol City are very interested in Morrell.

Don't know too much about them or their financial situation...is that Mr Tan and his 'red birds' still??
That's Cardiff. Steve Lansdown is the owner of Bristol City (and Bristol rugby club) - made his money as a co-founder of Hargreaves Lansdown.
OOPS!!! :shock: But I'm sure it was Brizzle that were interested??
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 12 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:08 am I think the success Brighton are having now shows the value of not just throwing money at the playing side of it.

Had they just thrown money at players and wages (like we did) the football side of the business outgrows the rest of the business and it's just unsustainable.
Exactly, and wasting money polishing a turd is equally unsustainable.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:08 am I think the success Brighton are having now shows the value of not just throwing money at the playing side of it.

Had they just thrown money at players and wages (like we did) the football side of the business outgrows the rest of the business and it's just unsustainable.
It'll be interesting to see how they do next season if they don't make Europe. Is there a way they can qualify without finishing in the top 5?
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

NSRailings wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:46 pm

It'll be interesting to see how they do next season if they don't make Europe. Is there a way they can qualify without finishing in the top 5?
If whomever finishes 5th wins the FA cup iirc. If so I think it moves to 6th. Isn’t that how we got in in 08/09 by winning the FA cup?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 73 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by NSRailings »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 9:02 pm
NSRailings wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 8:46 pm It'll be interesting to see how they do next season if they don't make Europe. Is there a way they can qualify without finishing in the top 5?
If whomever finishes 5th wins the FA cup iirc. If so I think it moves to 6th. Isn’t that how we got in in 08/09 by winning the FA cup?
That'll be interesting as Man U already have a Euro Conf place.
Super Matt Macey in goal...