Your Team for Wycombe

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Your Team for Wycombe

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Mousinho has said that Lang is not going to be fit for this game or indeed it sounds like the game vs Derby on Tuesday. Oglivie is making good progress it seems but equally he will be out for a while longer.

Saydee is said to be 50:50 for Derby so I don't expect him to be available for Wycombe. Mousinho didn't mention Sparkes but I suspect he is fit from the knock to the ankle too.

The good news is Stevenson is available as is Anjorin and Lee Evans has had another couple of weeks to hone his fitness. Lane and Rafferty have recovered from their illness too and Yengi will be hot footing it back from Australia

So - what is your team for Wycombe?

I'm going to go for:

Norris
Rafferty
Raggs
Shaunghessy
Sparkes
Pack
Moxon
Kamara
Whyte
Lane
Bishop

Subs: Macey, Swanson, Towler, Evans, Stevenson, Anjorin, Yengi

I want to play Yengi and Bishop together but I don't want to risk Yengi from the start given he has been in Australia and has played two games there last week. I am going to bring him on as a sub vs Wycombe as required and keep him fresh and let him get the jet lag and the long travel out of his system before the Derby game. We don't need him getting injured! Likewise, I was tempted to start Anjorin from the start but he is coming back from long term injury so perhaps best he start with a place on the bench. With Lang and Saydee unavailable I went with Whyte as an attacking 10 with pace and the licence to drift and link up the counter attack

Another option would be for Pompey to have Pack, Moxon and Evans in midfield but I went with giving Whyte the start to see if he can get his season going as the 'hot hand' with his assist at Peterborough ....and if it doesn't work then Yengi, Anjorin or Evans can all come in as a sub for him as necessary.

Last comment, I feel for Swanson not retaining his starting role but Rafferty is too solid a player for an away game to leave out too.

thoughts?
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Your Team for Wycombe

Post by Pompey55 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:17 am Mousinho has said that Lang is not going to be fit for this game or indeed it sounds like the game vs Derby on Tuesday. Oglivie is making good progress it seems but equally he will be out for a while longer.

Saydee is said to be 50:50 for Derby so I don't expect him to be available for Wycombe. Mousinho didn't mention Sparkes but I suspect he is fit from the knock to the ankle too.

The good news is Stevenson is available as is Anjorin and Lee Evans has had another couple of weeks to hone his fitness. Lane and Rafferty have recovered from their illness too and Yengi will be hot footing it back from Australia

So - what is your team for Wycombe?

I'm going to go for:

Norris
Rafferty
Raggs
Shaunghessy
Sparkes
Pack
Moxon
Kamara
Whyte
Lane
Bishop

Subs: Macey, Swanson, Towler, Evans, Stevenson, Anjorin, Yengi

I want to play Yengi and Bishop together but I don't want to risk Yengi from the start given he has been in Australia and has played two games there last week. I am going to bring him on as a sub vs Wycombe as required and keep him fresh and let him get the jet lag and the long travel out of his system before the Derby game. We don't need him getting injured! Likewise, I was tempted to start Anjorin from the start but he is coming back from long term injury so perhaps best he start with a place on the bench. With Lang and Saydee unavailable I went with Whyte as an attacking 10 with pace and the licence to drift and link up the counter attack

Another option would be for Pompey to have Pack, Moxon and Evans in midfield but I went with giving Whyte the start to see if he can get his season going as the 'hot hand' with his assist at Peterborough ....and if it doesn't work then Yengi, Anjorin or Evans can all come in as a sub for him as necessary.

Last comment, I feel for Swanson not retaining his starting role but Rafferty is too solid a player for an away game to leave out too.

thoughts?
I would prefer playing Yengi and Bishop together if not then Anjorin or MPH in the 10 position
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

I had forgotten about MPH. You are right, he will probably start over Whyte in the 10 position
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Thank **** we can carry on with the season now.

You can't always trust what Mous says about injuries - it's one of his tactics to spring a surprise :thumb I'll predict the score instead - 2-1 us.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

I wouldn’t be at all surprised by a few shocks today from JM - Evans coming into the starting 11 for example.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

See:

Norris,
Swanson
Raggett
Shaggers
Ogilvie