Portpin "preferred bidder"???

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Milkins
Interim Manager
Been liked: 4 times

Re: Portpin "preferred bidder"???

Post by Milkins »

the_lock_man wrote:
Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:LIKW, surely you've got better things to do than waste your time on this vindictive moron?
A tad harsh, Puzz. Lindford is merely demonstrating the lack of indepth knowledge of one who hasn't followed proceedings too closely. He hasn't trolled or flamed, and took the 24/4/2005 jibe in good part, calling it ancient history. No need to call him a moron, he hasn't acted like that in this thread.

In my opinion.
Linny has a secret tattoo of the Pompey star and crescent on his chest - next to his heart. I can only imagine the torment he feels at not being able to cross over. Like a would-be trans-gender who can't afford the op. One day he'll tear his Southampton shirt open in front of their supporters (probably at the end of the game that relegates them this season...) and scream his undying love for all things Pompey.

...and maybe start buying decent wine.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you."
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Post by Miss Tickle's bottom »

Lockie, I have described Linford as a vindictive moron on the basis of all his contributions here, not just this thread.
I also asked seventeen strangers in the pub this evening about Lindford, and sixteen of them just shrugged their shoulders and said 'Yep, vindictive moron'. The seventeenth just sort of dribbled in my general direction, but I'm pretty certain he was thinking 'Yep, vindictive moron'.

So that's all settled then. Unanimous. Case dismissed.
Bernster
Gary O'Neil

Post by Bernster »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:Lockie, I have described Linford as a vindictive moron on the basis of all his contributions here, not just this thread.
I also asked seventeen strangers in the pub this evening about Lindford, and sixteen of them just shrugged their shoulders and said 'Yep, vindictive moron'. The seventeenth just sort of dribbled in my general direction, but I'm pretty certain he was thinking 'Yep, vindictive moron'.

Chortle..
"Trust in no one, trust in the Trust"
Swiss Toni
Gary O'Neil

Post by Swiss Toni »

Milton End wrote:BBC South TV News at 22.30 were also reporting that Portpin was the preferred bidder - pictures of smiling Chanrai, etc.
B*gger.
Norman Piper wrote:He's on £500 an hour . It will be dragged out as long as possible .
Starting to agree with this line of thought of 'dragging it out' now...
the_lock_man wrote:That would be cutting off our nose to spite our faces, wouldn't it? I personally wouldn't be a fan of a Phoenix club, if the "original" were still in existence. I don't think we'll have the option though, I don't think the Manchester scenario will come about in Portsmouth, even with Chainsaw at the helm. Though I do hope that the various emails and letters to the FL, regarding the validity of Portpin's future ownership has some success.
I think that the FA/FL will be able to 'weedle out' of that one on the basis that Chinny didn't put us in administration the 2nd time - CSi (and then Chinny by default) did. Gits. Though surely the rulebook is open to interpretation (however they see fit?). I wonder how they'll respond...
the_lock_man wrote:Oh that's absolutely right. I'm sure that they really, really don't want him to take over. Whether they have any legal means to prevent it is another thing. They can't just spuriously say "Sorry, Mr Chainrai, we've decided we don't like the cut of your jib, we're not going to let you take over," they have to do things within their rules. Which is why I wrote wot I did.

With regards to the other point, I rather want to keep the ties to the past (ie 1939, 2008, 1948/49, 1949/50, 24th April 2005, that kinda thing).
Agree (again), both points.
Norman Piper wrote:Have to say the two things Chanrai says about the trust are the two worries I have . Portpin maybe the only company with "real" money but I doubt anything like what is needed to turn the club round will be put in by them either .
Bloimey! - and again here. Am a pledger, and will come through, but am concerned that there won't be enough money on the table, and as for taking Chinny's comments at face value - he's blown it for me. Can't see him putting much in the pot at all.
Norman Piper wrote:League 1 mid table mediocrity with players Appy wants rather than ones he has to make do with and on permanent contracts for now . Then challenging for promotion/ play offs in a season or two will do me .
...and again! (make it 5 seasons if need be - allowing for having to come up from League 2 also).

Thanks for the detail too LiKT. Much appreciated. Have missed bits & bobs, and some of course is not so easy to find.
Slightly schizophrenic poster, in his 'low profile' guise...
Locky_McLockface
Guy Whittingham

Post by Locky_McLockface »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:Lockie, I have described Linford as a vindictive moron on the basis of all his contributions here, not just this thread.

That 17th stranger sounds familiar. The pub wasn't in Hamstead, was it?

But seriously, it seems to me that the leopard is slowly but surely changing his spots.
I before E except when you run a feisty heist on a weird beige foreign neighbour
Lindford Saint
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Lindford Saint »

Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote: You sure? You seem to not be aware of the fact that any deal requires approval of the court or that the decision on fair value would be made through that process, not a separate legal action. You keep demonstrating your ignorance of what is occurring with your contributions.
You (the Trust) value it at £2.5m, Chinny values it at circa £8m (I think). I said this would need to be sorted in court if no agreement was made, and you have confirmed it. Kind of understood that then I think or as usual you may wish to argue the semantics of it.
Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote: As to what consists fair value is a subject for the court. The Trust and their partner will have a value that they are willing to go to. If the fair value is more than that figure then the Trust will walk away. They are all about financial responsibility because they take their legal duties seriously.
This kind of highlights what I was getting at. So if the Trust gets preferred bidder status it will go to a court ruling as the values are so diperate, the Trust doesn't like what it hears and you walk away. Wasted time and money is it not?
Paid to drink beer, lie on a beach, see the world and the Queen trusted me. Bargain!!!
Lindford Saint
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Lindford Saint »

Milkins wrote:
the_lock_man wrote:
Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:LIKW, surely you've got better things to do than waste your time on this vindictive moron?
A tad harsh, Puzz. Lindford is merely demonstrating the lack of indepth knowledge of one who hasn't followed proceedings too closely. He hasn't trolled or flamed, and took the 24/4/2005 jibe in good part, calling it ancient history. No need to call him a moron, he hasn't acted like that in this thread.

In my opinion.
Linny has a secret tattoo of the Pompey star and crescent on his chest - next to his heart. I can only imagine the torment he feels at not being able to cross over. Like a would-be trans-gender who can't afford the op. One day he'll tear his Southampton shirt open in front of their supporters (probably at the end of the game that relegates them this season...) and scream his undying love for all things Pompey.

Oh Milky, you are my hero. I love the way your little mind works and the scenarios you paint. If only it were true eh!

As for the wine, it was a cheeky little number we found on holiday in Majorca several years ago. Maybe one day I will get around to changing the picture to something more appropriate. How about a washing machine full of pound notes?
Paid to drink beer, lie on a beach, see the world and the Queen trusted me. Bargain!!!
Milkins
Interim Manager

Post by Milkins »

Lindford Saint wrote:
Milkins wrote:
the_lock_man wrote:

In my opinion.

Oh Milky, you are my hero. I love the way your little mind works and the scenarios you paint. If only it were true eh!

As for the wine, it was a cheeky little number we found on holiday in Majorca several years ago. Maybe one day I will get around to changing the picture to something more appropriate. How about a washing machine full of pound notes?
Pompeys' money laundering days are well and truly over.

There may be a few coins down the back of the sofa in the board room.

...if it's not already been repo'd by SFS or raided by Storrie before he fecked off.

Treat yourself to a trip to Piedmont and sample some of the reds from the small producers. http://www.bbr.com/region-3572-piedmont ... 4Aod2A8Auw

Majorca... honestly.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Lindford Saint wrote:
Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote: You sure? You seem to not be aware of the fact that any deal requires approval of the court or that the decision on fair value would be made through that process, not a separate legal action. You keep demonstrating your ignorance of what is occurring with your contributions.
You (the Trust) value it at £2.5m, Chinny values it at circa £8m (I think). I said this would need to be sorted in court if no agreement was made, and you have confirmed it. Kind of understood that then I think or as usual you may wish to argue the semantics of it.
Its not semantics but the essence of the dilemma I'm concerned with. This is a court driven process and whatever decision will have to be ratified through the court as per the insolvency regulations. Your question suggested a different process and behaviour (a law suit).
Lindford Saint wrote:
Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote: As to what consists fair value is a subject for the court. The Trust and their partner will have a value that they are willing to go to. If the fair value is more than that figure then the Trust will walk away. They are all about financial responsibility because they take their legal duties seriously.
This kind of highlights what I was getting at. So if the Trust gets preferred bidder status it will go to a court ruling as the values are so diperate, the Trust doesn't like what it hears and you walk away. Wasted time and money is it not?
Disparate Lindford, the positions are disparate for a couple of reasons (valuation and validity).

The only waste of time is not trying to save your club. Tell me again, what did the Saints Trust do when your club was on the brink? SFA wasn't it as it quickly descended into infighting. You got rescued by a sugar daddy which was just as well because the fans weren't ever going to save SFC.

Your lot might be passive victims of fate but the Pompey Supporters Trust wants the fans to be masters of theirs. That isn't achieved by over-committing financially. The Trust has a business case not a wish list.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

the_lock_man wrote:That 17th stranger sounds familiar. The pub wasn't in Hamstead, was it?
Nope, it was a little place near Liphook. Lindford, I think it was called...
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote:Your lot might be passive victims of fate
Odd choice of words - I'd go for 'apathetic beneficiaries'.
Milkins
Interim Manager

Post by Milkins »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:
the_lock_man wrote:That 17th stranger sounds familiar. The pub wasn't in Hamstead, was it?
Nope, it was a little place near Liphook. Lindford, I think it was called...

I believe Pomp has often driven himself into Lindford on his days off.
Lost in Transportation
Guy Whittingham

Post by Lost in Transportation »

Miss Tickle's bottom wrote:
Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote:Your lot might be passive victims of fate
Odd choice of words - I'd go for 'apathetic beneficiaries'.
The status of beneficiaries may well be temporary and as for apathetic that would imply they had the competence to achieve something. Think of victims as sacrificial offerings to fate both now and in the future.
Watching wheels spin and dust settle.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Milkins wrote:I believe Pomp has often driven himself into Lindford on his days off.
Come off it.
Miss Tickle's bottom
Kev the Kitman

Lost in Kate's Tinsel wrote:The status of beneficiaries may well be temporary and as for apathetic that would imply they had the competence to achieve something. Think of victims as sacrificial offerings to fate both now and in the future.
You'll be saying god is a Pompey fan next!