RUBI'S FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE - ALL THE RELEVANT DETAILS

A forum for all the prediction / hattrick league competitions - I've moved the La La League back out into its own forum again.

Moderators: Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

RUBI'S FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE - ALL THE RELEVANT DETAILS

Post by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey »

Rubi's Premiership

For the top 11 from last season - and the top 11* from the Championship division

*10 discounting me - though I'll have to stay in the Prem - (although not taking part - so I can 'admin')

So (first of all, the Premiership 'survivors') - that means you guys!:

Finlay T*
Jack R
Chris_in_LA*
Richard S*
Pete G
Ben R
Peter Y*
David B
David R
Kill Walshe*
Richard P*
(Scott McGarvey*)

If you have an asterisk next to your name, you've already registered again at http://fantasy.premierleague.com/ and are IN. :thumb

So we need the top 10 of the Championship division to 'promote themselves' to the Premiership 'division' (I can't do it for you, you have to join this separate league).

Here's the table:

So the following need to join the Premiership League (division) - you all got promoted!:

Harry V
Greg A
Gareth E
Stephen L
Chopper Dave
Stuart H
Sam D
Jon A
Tom W
Simon B

Those in blue (bottom 10 of the Premiership) need to relegate themselves (or sadly I will have to delete you out of the division), but now join the Championship division (league).

That's these:

Simon J**
Scott McGarvey*
Greg E**
Andrew P**
Niall B
Phil S
Lord Lucan**
max w**
Capt. Jon**
Simon C**

Of those above, those with two asterisks, have re-registered, but (naturally, not yet knowing the codes!) have yet to join the Championship. Instructions for how to join the other divisions are now below. Those without any asterisks haven't yet registered a team (though you should've had an email from fantasyfootball - end of July) - you need to get your team registered asap.

It's important we're all in the right divisions, but far more important than that is that you've a team registered. Doesn't matter how much messing about it takes to finally get you all in the right division/league (normally all season! :roll: :wink: ), YOU WON'T LOSE ANY POINTS SO LONG AS YOU'VE REGISTERED A TEAM (by the deadline).

New members/players join the Championship division - you need a tenuous link (at least) to join our league!

1) Members of the board preferred
2) This was 'stretched' in past seasons to 'friends of people on the board'
3) Failing that, you've got to at least be a Pompey fan!

If you're in multiple leagues and are just looking for another, this wasn't planned to be one of those leagues, but it does vary across the various Pompey bulletin boards.

**If you've changed both your name AND your teamname - then let me know (don't worry if it's just one or the other, I will still be able to identify you). Either on this thread, or by clicking on my profile, and using the 'email' option (not the private message one, thanks). This is just so I know who you are! (I can normally work it out, but changing both means it can be 'challenging' for me to match you up sometimes!)**

Ok - so you need to join the other division (either been relegated or promoted). Step by step guide:

1) Click on the "Leagues" tab from your homepage (you will need to have created your team first - and registered fully).

2) Click on the "Join a league" tab

3) Check the "Private league" radio button, and click "NEXT"

4) Now you'll see a box coming up for the CODE for the relevant league. HERE are the codes.

For Rubi's Premiership (Top 11 from last season's Premiership & Top 10 from the Championship ONLY)

144123-41389

To join Rubi's Championship (bottom 10 from the Premiership, plus any new teams)

144123-41390

IF YOU HAVE ANY DOUBTS, NOT SURE WHAT YOU'RE DOING (etc) - JUST JOIN BOTH LEAGUES (DIVISIONS), I can always delete you out of the wrong one later. What I can't do though is ADD you to the right one.

Best of luck for the new season (lots of new players - I mean transfers in, etc!), and quite an open Premiership I think. Remember to have a look at the rules, that your captain is important - it's also worthwhile looking at the fixtures list (sometimes teams play more than 1 game in a gameweek), and spend that £100m wisely!

I have updated the links in my signature to show the new tables.

Cheers!
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Re: RUBI'S FANTASY FOOTBALL LEAGUE - ALL THE RELEVANT DETAIL

Note: As with all previous seasons, I was quite savage/ruthless/uncaring/a b*stard (please delete as you feel applicable), when it came toward the season's end, and in deleting teams, it has meant we have lost quite a few teams 'along the way'... Most have been people who joined the league but (for various reasons), lost interest/got sidetracked/or just plain *didn't read the various postings!* :D I appreciate though, sometimes this is only for 1 season sometimes.

Sorry you got deleted, but it is (completely) unfair to leave 'unattended' teams in the wrong division - when you've got promotion and relegation 'scraps' going on. (Not such a problem with the teams at the bottom of the Championship of course - yep, that's for you USPF! :lol: )

But you're all welcome back of course! But you start in the Championship ('tis only fair), we're down now to our 'hard-core' of players (this will be our 9th season).

If you're *already* in the right division (as some are), then you've nothing further to do (once you've registered at http://fantasy.premierleague.com If anybody wants to *come out* of the game (but still be in their other leagues), just click on the "leagues" tab, and then on the big red X next to the league you want to leave.
Bloke who does Rubi's Fantasy League. SEE LATEST TABLES HERE: PREM,CHAMPS & now the CUP
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Lastly, I'll be playing it by ear this season, on the number that go up & down (promotion/relegation) - purely based on what the numbers are like.

I quite liked Linford's suggestion of three divisions (I think he had secret plans for four :wink: ), but with two divisions managing to stump some people, unfortunately I think three, (although it would make things even more competitive), would be unlikely to 'work' - just as there would need to be so much 'movement' - and previous seasons have shown this proves a bit too 'tricky' for some.

N.B. Don't forget you can mess your team around to your heart's content right up until the first deadline (11.30am Saturday) - I mean by way of transfers - they are unlimited until the season actually kicks-off.

From then on: 1 'free' transfer a week (get's carried forward a max of 1 week), further transfers cost you points (check the rules). But there are TWO wildcards that you play through the season. One, whenever you like (you could change the whole squad) - without penalty. The other is for the January transfer window only.

BEST OF LUCK!
Lindford Saint
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Lindford Saint »

I have relegated myself.....

Shame about the idea of 3 leagues, still anything for an easy life.... :thumb Have no idea what you mean about a 4th Division :D Do mind the gap though....
Paid to drink beer, lie on a beach, see the world and the Queen trusted me. Bargain!!!
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Well it's about time McGarvey.
I've done as requested but I'm not sure why I have been relegated from the Premier League.....I mean....don't you know who I am?!

Anyhoo...for what its worth I cant say I like the idea of an additional division.....I think a single division would be better with the bottom team each month being deleted.....or hung....or shot.....I can't decide.
Div III. Call it what it is.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Grunted, err... granted M'Lord Kid, tis indeed a *very* tardy post, and you have my since appa-logies - (and to the rest of you). Hopefully the majority would've at least registered a team prior to the codes going up - but some don't until they do (oops!). Swear I seem to leave this later & later each year (!)

P.S. a thumbs-up to yourself, Chopper Dave & Lindford for 'negotiating' the tricky waters of attaching yourself to the different division (see, it's not that hard is it chaps? - this is aimed at the rest, who haven't yet! - mind you, only been a few hours :) )

One division, three? We went with one big 'un for the 1st two seasons (2006-08), then with over 70 teams, the 'two-tier' system got voted in by those that thought it would add some 'extra spice'... Also co-coincided (IIRC), with HM his Rubiness III forgetting completely that we had a league already, and starting another one up for the board (despite being in this one himself) :D - So gave us more opportunity to go that way. (Think Simon may've repeated the 'trick' one year as well). :thumb

Numbers dwindled once the club was relegated from the Prem, but to be fair, the 'serious' players (of sorts!), have stuck with it, the relegation battle was pretty keenly fought in particular, and someone needs to dethrone Mr Fin T (has won it 5 times now) - a formerly very well-known member of the board.

All new members welcome, I generally know who all of you are, only exception last year was the 'semi-pro' who had the most points out of both divisions - Mr Harry V? (And I *still* haven't sussed who Peter Y is, despite him being in since the start, and winning it twice!)

P.S. Thanks for the sticky to the relevant mod (ta!). Hopefully ok if we leave this up for couple of weeks or more until they've whipped themselves into shape? Many thanks in advance.

P.P.S. Welcome to our new Swedish member, one of yours Mr Chris_in_LA? (I thought it was going to be Theo van Gogh?) :wink:
Larry David
Paul Merson

Post by Larry David »

As discussed earlier.

I've spread the gospel to a friend (Who is also a Pompey fan in Bedford).

Hopefully should have a new team registering today for the Championship :thumb
>Leave blank here<
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote: (Not such a problem with the teams at the bottom of the Championship of course - yep, that's for you USPF! :lol: )
I will be duly insulted for the first couple of weeks :-)
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Chris_in_LA
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Post by Chris_in_LA »

WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey wrote: P.P.S. Welcome to our new Swedish member, one of yours Mr Chris_in_LA? (I thought it was going to be Theo van Gogh?) :wink:
Aye, but Theo is a 6' 5" Dutchman, married to a Manchester lass. One of the few over here I can discuss footy with who actually understands what I'm talking about. Should be some good banter on the train this coming season between Theo, Ice and myself. Cheers 'n beers for sorting everything out amigo. I should be back in Blighty Christmas of 2015, so will endeavour to collect a pint or three from you then.
:D
"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible."
Thomas Aquinas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz2GVlQkn4Q
Mefmet
Collins Mbesuma

Post by Mefmet »

Just joined the Championship!
Northender
Milan Mandaric

Post by Northender »

Joined the championship as I wasn't in this last year.

Think you might work out who I am when you see the team name - bit of a give away !!
The only way is up . . . . . .
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

uspompeyfan wrote:I will be duly insulted for the first couple of weeks :-)
:D Cheers USPF, I know you always enter in good faith! And you take it on the chin (not surprised it got forgotten about in the past, what with all you had going on!) Maybe one year (this?) give it a go.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Great stuff Northender (yep, spotted :) ), Larry David & Mefmet :thumb
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Chris_in_LA wrote:Aye, but Theo is a 6' 5" Dutchman, married to a Manchester lass. One of the few over here I can discuss footy with who actually understands what I'm talking about. Should be some good banter on the train this coming season between Theo, Ice and myself. Cheers 'n beers for sorting everything out amigo. I should be back in Blighty Christmas of 2015, so will endeavour to collect a pint or three from you then.
:D
:thumb :P Cripes, I don't suppose he's a bit handy at the actual game is he? Can play at centre-half? Won't crack too many Theo jokes then..! I see Ice has found his way to the Championship (I remember him getting promoted a while back - but got caught up this time round), up & down - still he gets the excitement of the 'draft pick'* with £100m!

(* is that what it's called?)

Beers, cripes, I think I *might* have got one crossed out of our tab, but I think I owed you that for summat else anyway! :D When it comes to this, I think you're ahead by something like three? I remember a while back now, we were neck & neck, but since then, you've walloped me! (Now sadly not in the same division!) Will take me a while to catch-up. You did brilliantly last year as I recall, led for a long time (most of the first half of the season - and a bit beyond?), not bad *at all* with the likes of Peter Y and Fin T (who do this very single-mindedly) every year. Unlucky to drop off in the last couple of (?) months. *Very* competitive just to stay out of the relegation places. Apologies the post was so late in coming. I was on the ball originally, then left it :roll: , then crept up on me (again).

Look forward to that beer next Christmas then. I remember you saying you had to have a longer 'gap' this time round I think - so you can tie your holiday leave up with a particular date, forgotten what it was, but you did tell me (!) Wedding or something :smt017 (Memory like a sieve!)
Last edited by WheresWally/ScottMcGarvey on Sat Aug 16, 2014 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle

Dunno, if anyone would be up for this (purely as an 'add-on'). There is the facility to have a 'head to head' league. Not actually decided by points totals as the original is, but would pit 1 player against another, (like the FA Cup competition within the Fantasy League), whoever gets the most points out of the 2 sides, gets 3 points that week. Equal points = a draw & a point each of course. Winner is the one with the most points (but not actual points in the game, if you see what I mean), so you can win it, just by beating your opponent more times than not - you 'play' someone different every week.

Nothing extra required, just enter the team you've already picked, you don't actually have to do anything else (at all).

Have been in one before, is a bit different, & good for banter - makes it a bit more personal. Wouldn't take me 5 mins to set-up, you'd just have to join the League once I had a code.

Might be an idea for our board 'regulars'/'old boys'? - Just as a little 'side compo' :?: Let me know what you guys think. I think I might be able to start it after the season has started, we'd just lose a couple of rounds (say), if it takes a fortnight to 'garner opinion'.

Doesn't have to be many of us either. But the more there is, the better, 20 would be great, presumably if less, then we may play each other more than twice.

I'm up for it, if some of the board are?