Ipswich Saturday?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Ipswich Saturday?

Post by Keeprblue »

A win? views............
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Ipswich Saturday?

Post by Selsey Bill »

Hope so ;-)
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Mismo!! 8)
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

To think I had booked the coach for the Ipswich visit earlier this year. Here we are in a different world several months on. Looking forward to following the match on Radio Solent. Still cannot bring myself to sit and watch. Too nervous. Much worse than being at the match.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Keeprblue
Paul Merson

Post by Keeprblue »

Be interesting to see how our players react to their crowd only
Laughing for exercise, it's like jogging on the inside.
PakefieldBlue
Alan Knight
Been liked: 13 times

Post by PakefieldBlue »

Keeprblue wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:25 pm Be interesting to see how our players react to their crowd only
As a resident of Suffolk I can confirm that Portman Road for many years has been pretty much a library when it comes to atmosphere - so I suspect that our players won't notice much difference from when we played them in the cup with no fans 😅
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

Can't see any reason to change things, just Jacobs coming into the squad as a bench option. After this, Fleetwood and then Hull in our sights. Don't mind not winning but we can't afford to lose against the top sides and let them open up a gap.
And watch out for dark horse, Accrington, unbeaten in six and with two or three games in hand over the sides above them.
Somebody will take control of this league - can't see any reason why it can't be us.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Jacobs on the bench for Morris the only change from the Peterborough game.
rumourmonger
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by rumourmonger »

2-0 up at half time. Ryan Williams with 2 goals when he's failed to hit the target all so season so far. Wonders will never cease.
Everyone says David Beckham is not very intelligent. No-one says that Professor Stephen Hawking is a rubbish footballer!
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Jamal Lowe scored two after a goalless streak,
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

2 - 0 final score. An excellent performance. Williams and Raggett were my men of the match. For me Williams had easily his best game for Pompey today, and Raggett is improving with each game.
Pompey Penguin
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey Penguin »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Dec 12, 2020 4:56 pm ...and Raggett is improving with each game.
Isn't this what happened last season? Raggett started slowly, but grew into the team and by the end of the season was a solid player. At that point people seemed to be happy that Pompey signed Raggett permanently.

Pure speculation, but I put it down to having a regular CB partner. Last season we started with all of Whatmough, Burgess, Downing and Raggett competing for places, but once it became Burgess and Raggett on a regular basis everything settled down. Now this season Raggett has to get used to a new partner in Whatmough and it has taken time (again).
portchesterblue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by portchesterblue »

Another dour defensive hoof ball display. Season might as well be over, 3rd place and best goal difference in the league is just not good enough.
Jackett out and moat of the useless non Premier league class players too
:thumb
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

Surely our best performance of the season so far, almost faultless, with Williams an absolute star not just for his two goals but for his skill and work rate throughout. The pressing was incredible all over the pitch and the scoreline does not reflect our dominance, having also hit the bar twice. This was a team that looks brimming in confidence and so dominant at the back with Whatmough and Raggett outstanding. All had a good game bar Curtis who was a frustrating figure continually losing possession and also giving away free kicks not to mention getting booked;
Quantum of Stowmarket
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Quantum of Stowmarket »

Your forum design and layout is similar to ours ? Okay let's not mess around you won again. Bit boring now being beaten at home by Portsmouth. Just as well I saw it coming, that way wasn't overly disappointed with the result.

Yes we've got players out, a lot of injuries, but that game was crap. Paul Lambert, what a .... He's got to go now, should never have been appointed here to begin with. Marcus Evans is hated by a lot of our fans, but we can't get another buyer in or he just won't sell up. It's a mess and has been for considerable time.

Back in 2008 when you won the FA Cup we started on a proper slide and it's continued all these years later. I think one play-off appearance in that time but the rest of it has been by and large ******. Oh yes, a fall into the third tier of the football league, add to that.

Haven't seen highlights as yet, did the right thing and gave it a miss. Whoever turned up today home wise would have wished they hadn't. Yes you (supporters in general) want to return to football but not when your team is basically crap and trying for a promotion place you just know won't even happen. Not pleased right now obviously but where's getting angry going to get you.

We're just not good enough I accept that. Of an age to remember when things were far better for us but between now and then, it's a place in the past I just can't see occurring again any time soon. Lambert has to go, many have had enough of it now.