Covid - Omicron Variant - I don't even know how to feel anymore.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Covid - Omicron Variant - I don't even know how to feel anymore.

Post by Pompey55 »

As Nye Bevan said
The NHS will last as long as there’s folk with faith left to fight for it
It becomes all of us to ensure these words continue to ring true
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

StMonkton wrote: ↑
Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:48 pm
If the NHS is unfit for purpose, where will you go if you are in a traffic accident?

Of course the NHS has deficiencies, I suggest it will not be replaced in our lifetimes so we had better look after it.

I hope it improves, I hope it is not overwhelmed in the next month or so.

Just how onerous are these restrictions you are so incensed about? They are irritating, costly and leave us living a different way than we might choose but so intolerable that you will unilaterally stop complying ? I think not.
I'm guessing you aren't in the hospitality or entertainment industry, or the travel business? Or have kids at school??
I'm glad that restrictions haven't impacted your life too much, you're one of the lucky ones.

You make a fair point.

I am not sure that hospitality and schools are hampered much by restrictions right now, mainly shortages of staff and customers.

I agree I have been lucky so far. Let’s hope we all have a lucky 2022.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

If the current levels of postponements are anything to go by then I believe the biggest issue we will see in the next few weeks is not massive-scale deaths nor lockdowns but staff shortages caused by Omicron which could also have a devastating effect on hospitality, transport, education and the NHS.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

GreenBlue wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:33 pm If the current levels of postponements are anything to go by then I believe the biggest issue we will see in the next few weeks is not massive-scale deaths nor lockdowns but staff shortages caused by Omicron which could also have a devastating effect on hospitality, transport, education and the NHS.
Yup it’s definitely something else to take into account. What will be interesting come the next few weeks is how England compares to the other home nations considering our vastly different approaches to omicron.

Oh and how’s this… just got my PCR test back and apparently I’m negative. Doesn’t make sense to me after positive LFT and feeling like crap for the last few days. Must just be a chest infection or something.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:37 pm
GreenBlue wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 7:33 pm If the current levels of postponements are anything to go by then I believe the biggest issue we will see in the next few weeks is not massive-scale deaths nor lockdowns but staff shortages caused by Omicron which could also have a devastating effect on hospitality, transport, education and the NHS.
Yup it’s definitely something else to take into account. What will be interesting come the next few weeks is how England compares to the other home nations considering our vastly different approaches to omicron.

Oh and how’s this… just got my PCR test back and apparently I’m negative. Doesn’t make sense to me after positive LFT and feeling like crap for the last few days. Must just be a chest infection or something.
Well some good news Sam.
Both me and the wife have had colds and hers developed into a chest infection, but tested negative throughout. Both feel better but now Both have positive, but faint line, LFD
She had pcr yesterday, still waiting for result, just booked mine for later this afternoon, booked Both my boys in too although they are testing negative
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

I tested positive this morning on LFT. Misses tested positive last week but now shows negative. Strange that I feel ok today but was very rough between xmas and new year. Thought I had it then but tested negative, but now positive when feeling better. Ho hum.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by Dinksy »

blue architect wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:45 pm I tested positive this morning on LFT. Misses tested positive last week but now shows negative. Strange that I feel ok today but was very rough between xmas and new year. Thought I had it then but tested negative, but now positive when feeling better. Ho hum.
What was your second career choice? Accountancy?
Greenie
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Greenie »

The LFT tests have improved somewhat but are still a bit sh*t with frequent false results, usually missing C19 but sometimes throwing random positives. Usually due to contamination, incorrect testing technique or schoolchildren using diet coke to get a week off school :)
Fratton Fortress
Alan Biley
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Fratton Fortress »

I believe the problem isn't sending children to school, they seem to cope, it's only when they come home, spreading diseases that we see issues. So make boarding compulsory, stick all the kids on an island, and cast them adrift. That was the plan for Australia, and that worked for centuries. Cheers PUP !
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

The Cincinnati Kid wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 4:46 pm

Yeah everyone hates Bama dont they....at least round here they do mostly from being an OSU fan. A good year fer sure but OH State wouldve given them a better game had they not crumbled end of season.
OSU and the Utes made a great Rose Bowl game, maybe one of the best bowl games, just overshadowing the Fiesta bowl (I almost went to that one). I am happy to believe the College Semi Finals were rigged for Georgia to meet Bama, even going as far as saying that Georgia went very light on Bama in the SEC Championship game - so unlike the rest of the games they played this year.

On the professional front - nice to see you bungles beating KC to earn their Division title.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:33 pm

Well some good news Sam.
Both me and the wife have had colds and hers developed into a chest infection, but tested negative throughout. Both feel better but now Both have positive, but faint line, LFD
She had pcr yesterday, still waiting for result, just booked mine for later this afternoon, booked Both my boys in too although they are testing negative
Like you Sam, the wife's PCR has come back negative, me and my boys had a Pcr today so will get the result tomorrow hopefully.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Dinksy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:49 pm
blue architect wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:45 pm I tested positive this morning on LFT. Misses tested positive last week but now shows negative. Strange that I feel ok today but was very rough between xmas and new year. Thought I had it then but tested negative, but now positive when feeling better. Ho hum.
What was your second career choice? Accountancy?
And what's wrong with accountants ??
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Mr Dee »

Let's hope this turns out to be true
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... demic.html