Covid - Omicron Variant - I don't even know how to feel anymore.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Re: Covid - Omicron Variant - I don't even know how to feel anymore.

Post by GreenBlue »

Betelgeuse wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:38 pm They certainly shouldn't have their lives restricted and mandating a "vaccine" for a virus with a 99.7% survival rate is just plain lunacy.
Betelgeuse, even based on your survival rate figure above (which is higher than some statistical suggestions) that is still a death-rate of 1 in 333people who get this virus. I wonder what levels you would consider worthy of vaccinating? 1 in 2?
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Dinksy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:49 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote:
Dinksy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:56 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote:How is it my dance? I made a comment t qhi h you claim was me twisting and spinning, I want to k ow what I am twisting or spinning please? I can't see what I twisted or spun so I need you to tell me please
Okay PB , as you asking nicely, I'll play ball.
You said:
"Yep why even try to stop the spread eh, what's the point in vaccinating people even if its helps just small percentage, let them die I say."
That was in response to my personal view about jabs - that we should respect the individual's choice and not try to pressure that person either way.
The post didn't make any comment about not trying to stop the spread. I don't know why you put that. Maybe it's not mischievous, maybe it's just a wrong interpretation. Your second part is rhetorical and echoes the first while the last phrase is pure drama reminding me of Basil in the fire drill scene of Fawlty Towers. AKA: "I don't know why we bother, we should just let them all burn!"
Good morning dinky, as you day maybe it is a misinterpretation, I read your saying that the one jab after another as they find new variants was pointless, so I apologise if that was not what you meant. Maybe because I had read uspompeys post ams then yours I made the assumption of the same meaning.
I am a very sarcastic chap as you may have noticed, but I do not believe there is any twist it spin involved, I will say it how it is.
Fair do's Mr PB, as we say in the West Country. Thanks for reminding me of that brilliant fire drill scene from FT.
I'll leave you alone now as it looks like you've got enough on your hands with Mr B :shock:
And it most definitely was a siberian hamster 🐹 😉👍
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

GreenBlue wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:59 pm
Betelgeuse wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:38 pm They certainly shouldn't have their lives restricted and mandating a "vaccine" for a virus with a 99.7% survival rate is just plain lunacy.
Betelgeuse, even based on your survival rate figure above (which is higher than some statistical suggestions) that is still a death-rate of 1 in 333people who get this virus. I wonder what levels you would consider worthy of vaccinating? 1 in 2?
I've had the vaccine and I believe it's up to the individual whether they have it or not. No medical procedure should be forced on anybody.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Betelgeuse wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:08 pm
I've had the vaccine and I believe it's up to the individual whether they have it or not. No medical procedure should be forced on anybody.
Can I ask why you had the vaccine for something you don't believe is worthy of doing it for??
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

So now everyone and anyone can get a booster jab despite not being able to keep up with current demand, they have shut 50 vaccination centres and it will take at least 3 months to give all qualified a booster.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:33 pm
Can I ask why you had the vaccine for something you don't believe is worthy of doing it for??
I don't believe I ever said I didn't agree with vaccinations, I just don't think it should be forced on people who don't want it.

Also I've never wanted the booster as it smacks of big Pharma profiteering..3 jabs in less than a year??

Finally how come people aren't tested for antibodies or T cells given that a huge majority of the population have already had the virus and therefore don't require a "vaccine" as the immunity is much higher post virus.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Betelgeuse wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:15 pm
I don't believe I ever said I didn't agree with vaccinations, I just don't think it should be forced on people who don't want it.

Also I've never wanted the booster as it smacks of big Pharma profiteering..3 jabs in less than a year??

Finally how come people aren't tested for antibodies or T cells given that a huge majority of the population have already had the virus and therefore don't require a "vaccine" as the immunity is much higher post virus.
But surely as you keep telling us, covid has a survival rate of 99.7 so if people don't want to he vaccinated it doesn't matter, and no where near the numbers of people are dying of covid as they are reporting. To me that says you don't think it needs to be vaccinated against yet you have been vaccinated?? Sorry to me that's counter intuitive.
Oh and people are being tested for antibodies
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

If people are being tested for antibodies then why are they pushing the vaccines?? They clearly don't take it into account do they.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:18 pm
Betelgeuse wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:15 pm

But surely as you keep telling us, covid has a survival rate of 99.7 so if people don't want to he vaccinated it doesn't matter, and no where near the numbers of people are dying of covid as they are reporting. To me that says you don't think it needs to be vaccinated against yet you have been vaccinated?? Sorry to me that's counter intuitive.
Oh and people are being tested for antibodies
It matters because life becomes much harder for the non vaccinated sadly.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

How?
richisbradders
Alan Knight
Been liked: 2 times

Post by richisbradders »

Where did this 99.7% figure come from, so far 262m people have had it and 5.2m have died. That’s 98% roughly
just blue
Milan Mandaric

Post by just blue »

Milkins wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:48 am Think I might start driving on the right tomorrow...
:thumb Very good to see the humour/subtlety/sanity of earlier days on this board.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

just blue wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 9:36 am
Milkins wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:48 am Think I might start driving on the right tomorrow...
:thumb Very good to see the humour/subtlety/sanity of earlier days on this board.
although to some that isnt hunour, thats having a pop and calling people out :thumb
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Betelgeuse »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:36 pm
although to some that isnt hunour, thats having a pop and calling people out :thumb
Love you Portchy!! :smt007
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Betelgeuse wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:31 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:36 pm
Love you Portchy!! :smt007
would love to say the same :D