How many transfer deals tomorrow

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

How many transfer deals tomorrow

Post by jam tomorrow »

How many signings for us tomorrow my Guess is, 2
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Re: How many transfer deals tomorrow

Post by FatBlueAde »

I'll go with a huge 1........
Living in exile thinking Blue
FatBlueAde
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 5 times

Post by FatBlueAde »

Ooh err.
Living in exile thinking Blue
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

I don't expect any at all for a couple of weeks when players return for pre-season also I would expect very little contracted players do come in but mostly loan deals and most contracts will be to players with potential who will be loaned out.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Resigning established players will have eaten into the budget
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I would think they would want to get some signings in as soon as possible. I went into the ticket office to renew my season ticket today and they said sales were slower than expected. I know people who are not renewing their season ticket because they don't see much prospect of the football getting any better. One of my family has not renewed for that very reason and plans to attend matches for the odd game. I also know someone who is going to get their first season ticket as well.

I think that, like most clubs, incoming new players can help sell tickets. The calibre of players being sought gives an indication of how serious a club is about promotion. I am yet to be convinced that the clubs owners are that keen on promotion just yet but they do want to see Improvement in playing quality.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Cullen said last week season tickets were up on this time last year
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:27 pm Cullen said last week season tickets were up on this time last year
Not bad after seeing so many messages stating that they would be down this season from some on here. Maybe it's because we didn't get relegated which I was assured was also a certainty at some point as well. :rofl
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

There was a caveat that he was discounting the people who did not convert to a full ticket but maintained their seats with a flexi ticket. Anyway we’ve got our family’s 3 already
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:27 pm Cullen said last week season tickets were up on this time last year
Actually he said that comparisons with any stage for pre season sales would be impossible to gauge due to the very different scenarios that exist between this and last summer. You may remember that Covid regulations and uncertainty last summer meant that there was a much shorter time to sell tickets which meant each phase of the sales were condensed in comparison to other seasons. This summer also has it's own peculiarities in as much there is the building work going on which does alter the time frame in some areas. So any comparisons to last summer can only be made accurately when the season actually starts and the summer sales have finished.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:35 pm
Not bad after seeing so many messages stating that they would be down this season from some on here. Maybe it's because we didn't get relegated which I was assured was also a certainty at some point as well. :rofl
You may well have been satisfied with the football served up last season but for many people, myself included, there was some dire stuff on veiw. I don't actually remember any one actually predicting we would be relegated but there were predictions that we wouldn't be promoted. In my veiw relegation type football was on display in several games and I was concerned at one stage we could be dragged into that end of the table. Even during our better runs when we were getting results we were far from convincing. Admittedly towards the end of the season we had a run of games where we looked a decent side. Games against Rotherham & Oxford stand out for me in that period. Overall it wasn't a good watch for most of the season with some very low points such as the thrashing handed out by Ipswich and a couple of other games where we were outclassed. You may not have seen it that way and I agree we were never really relegation fodder but I don't remember anyone actually predicting relegation, perhaps you can.

For the sake of any confusion I am glad we wasn't relegated and I dearly hope we get promoted next season. I want to see the club I have supported for over 60 years succeed and thrive. However, I don't see the point in giving a view concerning the club if it is only delivered with a huge dose of over optimism.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 3:52 pm There was a caveat that he was discounting the people who did not convert to a full ticket but maintained their seats with a flexi ticket. Anyway we’ve got our family’s 3 already
I was quoting what a couple of the staff had told us concerning season ticket sales. They said they were much better organised this summer and that they had been very busy with people coming in and renewing their tickets. They also said that the on line uptake had been good. They did, however, say they expected sales to be down on last summer and they also predicted by how many.

I was quoting what they told us and it was not a case of me making my own predictions.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Less tickets will not surprise me as some of the tripe served up last year isn’t going to encourage as many also money is a lot tighter for many people this year with the cost of living situation.
PS isn’t it nice to finally be discussing football matters and not trying to set the world to right
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

Agreed, even if only imaginary at this stage.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 5:11 pm Less tickets will not surprise me as some of the tripe served up last year isn’t going to encourage as many also money is a lot tighter for many people this year with the cost of living situation.
PS isn’t it nice to finally be discussing football matters and not trying to set the world to right
But we've already had confirmation of season tickets being up already right? The exact argument was season ticket sales would be down. Which they aren't if I'm let to believe what's been posted in this thread.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix