Director of Football

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Director of Football

Post by jam tomorrow »

We are not the only club that have recruitment issues even if we do manage to get a DOF it’s not necessarily the answer snippet from Blackburn forum

Members
WDWY
Season Ticket Jack Walker Stand
Posted 2 hours ago
So instead of recruiting players our Director of Football is recruiting a Head of Recruitment. We are two weeks away from the start of the season and presumably have to go through an interview process which, if it's anything like the recent processes will take a few weeks.

Sometimes I despair at what they are doing to our club.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 147 times

Re: Director of Football

Post by Sam_Brown »

I don't think we have recruitment issues.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 2:00 pm I don't think we have recruitment issues.

REALLY :?:
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Yes. Really.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

We haven’t recruited any strikers with two weeks to go and your saying it isn’t an issue lol
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I have no doubt we could already have signed 3 strikers this transfer window if we wanted.

The problem, which actually isn't a problem is that we won't be held to ransom and Cowley knows exactly which players he wants and won't settle for substandard players until he has to.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

jam tomorrow wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:31 pm We haven’t recruited any strikers with two weeks to go and your saying it isn’t an issue lol
Keep the faith. If we still haven't signed any suitable strikers by the end of the transfer window I'll happily admit the club have failed in this regard.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:37 pm
jam tomorrow wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 4:31 pm We haven’t recruited any strikers with two weeks to go and your saying it isn’t an issue lol
Keep the faith. If we still haven't signed any suitable strikers by the end of the transfer window I'll happily admit the club have failed in this regard.
Surely we need someone in by 30th when the season starts if it’s at the end of the window then allowing time for them to settle into the team it’s a quarter of the season pretty much gone.
This whole lack of strikers is ridiculous
Also Cowley has put a come and get them tag on Harness and Curtis, the only regular goal scorers we have in the squad,in theory accepting your waiting to the end of the window idea means we could have a squad without a single player who has ever scored 10 goals a season
Never mind at least we have a unnecessary loan keeper 2 right backs and a holding midfield player signed to keep us all happy with the recruitment efforts of the club.
It’s now absolutely farcical
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:03 pm
Surely we need someone in by 30th when the season starts if it’s at the end of the window then allowing time for them to settle into the team it’s a quarter of the season pretty much gone.
Also Cowley has put a come and get them tag on Harness and Curtis, the only regular goal scorers we have in the squad,in theory accepting your waiting to the end of the window idea means we could have a squad without a single player who has ever scored 10 goals a season
Never mind at least we have a unnecessary loan keeper 2 right backs and a holding midfield player signed to keep us all happy with the recruitment efforts of the club.
Ctrl + C
Ctrl + V

?
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:13 pm
Ctrl + C
Ctrl + V

?
Well that’s gone straight over my head
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 126 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:18 pm
Ctrl + C
Ctrl + V

?
I think the point that is being made is that it's a copy and paste from something you've said previously (Ctrl + C = Copy and Ctrl + V = Paste)
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Thanks I think it’s my pointing out that waiting for the window to end means it’s a quarter of the season gone. I was very deliberate in saying it again and will continue to when I hear the wait til the window closes rubbish which is repeated just as often
The remaining points were not a repost however maybe it’s the frustrating way the club is addressing the striker situation supporters buy their season tickets with an expectation that the team will be a good if not better than last season and that’s certainly not going to be the case.
It’s starting to look like some at the club are taking our support for granted.
Dinksy
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 11 times

Post by Dinksy »

PeteM wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:28 pm
Ctrl + C
Ctrl + V

?
I think the point that is being made is that it's a copy and paste from something you've said previously (Ctrl + C = Copy and Ctrl + V = Paste)
Wow, I've heard of geeks but some people REALLY need to get out more... ( esc )
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Always like a summary to our posts if I may be so BOLD:

* We are leaving the recruitment of vital players with only two weeks to go
* We need several players not just one which means the players need to get up to speed with the other players and need more training
*This will mean we will be at a disadvantage early season = lost points
* DC does not want to be held to ransom or compromise by bringing players he is not happy with

All fair points however it’s not the best situation and I do wonder whether gambling like this will be an advantage at all, we may still end up compromising on players by implementing panic measures?

Will we still be in situations like this if and when we get a DOF?
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Dinksy wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:41 pm
PeteM wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 5:28 pm
Ctrl + C
Ctrl + V

?
Wow, I've heard of geeks but some people REALLY need to get out more... ( esc )
I was in the pub when I posted that....