BBC Radio 5 Live drops classified football results

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

BBC Radio 5 Live drops classified football results

Post by New Forester »

I’m usually in my car after visits to Fratton Park to hear the results on my car radio. I only have internet access on my phone in hotspots when I’m out. While I know when I’m home I can get the results via internet or TV I have always enjoyed turning on Sports report with its theme tune followed shortly afterwards by the classified results. As I say often, nothing lasts forever.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Mr Dee
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 8 times

Re: BBC Radio 5 Live drops classified football results

Post by Mr Dee »

New Forester wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:28 pm I’m usually in my car after visits to Fratton Park to hear the results on my car radio. I only have internet access on my phone in hotspots when I’m out. While I know when I’m home I can get the results via internet or TV I have always enjoyed turning on Sports report with its theme tune followed shortly afterwards by the classified results. As I say often, nothing lasts forever.
Is it the only channel that does it these days?
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

No idea!
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

New Forester wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:28 pm I’m usually in my car after visits to Fratton Park to hear the results on my car radio. I only have internet access on my phone in hotspots when I’m out. While I know when I’m home I can get the results via internet or TV I have always enjoyed turning on Sports report with its theme tune followed shortly afterwards by the classified results. As I say often, nothing lasts forever.
You have!!!....and long may you continue to do so! :lol:
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

The BBC were making a lot of fuss at the weekend about the 5.30 Saturday game being on 5 Live for at least the next 3 seasons.

I suspect part of the deal with the PL is that there is plenty of pre-match build up which giving time to results for the remaining (unimportant) clubs to have their results read out would interfere with.

I understand the internet has all this stuff but the driving home from matches situation is perfectly suited to radio. When you’ve been to a game the first thing you do on getting into the car is turn on the radio to hear how your rivals did. That’s especially true at the business end of the season.

Probably inevitable but sad nonetheless. Given they can’t now cover the late Saturday with commentary, do talksport have a chance to introduce a results segment at 5 ?
uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Post by uspompeyfan »

FWIW I use the Radio Garden App, which gives every station possible, including Express FM (not allowed to have the game commentary). However, Talksport and Talksport 2 both come up with commentary and results so if you could bluetooth that to your car, maybe an option?
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.