Robertson, Morrell & Hume all fit and available for Bristol Rovers game

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Robertson, Morrell & Hume all fit and available for Bristol Rovers game

Post by Jack_Tinn »

DC has confirmed that all three of Clark Robertson, Joe Morrell and Denver Hume have completed a full week of training and are now available for selection on Saturday

I think all three make the bench on Saturday but all three to start on Tuesday at Newport.

The depth of the squad just got deeper.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 145 times

Re: Robertson, Morrell & Hume all fit and available for Bristol Rovers game

Post by Pompey55 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:59 pm DC has confirmed that all three of Clark Robertson, Joe Morrell and Denver Hume have completed a full week of training and are now available for selection on Saturday

I think all three make the bench on Saturday but all three to start on Tuesday at Newport.

The depth of the squad just got deeper.
This really creates a real conundrum regarding the 18 player match day squad, I would think that the starting 11 from Tuesday would be nailed on but with these 3 available who misses out?
Maybe Mingi for Morrell but who would Hume and Robertson replace bearing in mind that the obvious choice would in my opinion be Hackett and I can’t see that happening under Cowley.
That still either leaves one more from Tuesday or one or more of the 3 do not make the bench as you say emphasizes the strength in depth we now have.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

if you keep the starting xi then I think my outfield subs would be:

Robertson, Swanson, Morrell, Thompson, Piggott and Jacobs

Hackett, Mingi and Hume don't make it and all make the squad and play on Tuesday @Newport. I'd plan on starting all my subs this Sat there with perhaps Jacobs being the exception and Mingi as a sub at Newport to let Morrell and Thompson play as a midfield pairing
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:45 pm if you keep the starting xi then I think my outfield subs would be:

Robertson, Swanson, Morrell, Thompson, Piggott and Jacobs

Hackett, Mingi and Hume don't make it and all make the squad and play on Tuesday @Newport. I'd plan on starting all my subs this Sat there with perhaps Jacobs being the exception and Mingi as a sub at Newport to let Morrell and Thompson play as a midfield pairing
That is some frickin' bench. Got to admire and respect what the PE Teachers have built here.
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 125 times
Been liked: 40 times

Post by PeteM »

Very decent squad depth, the sides that finish at the top end of this league will all have that ability to deal with four or five injuries or suspensions at one time. We probably didn't have that six weeks ago but we do now.
CityBlue
Collins Mbesuma

Post by CityBlue »

It's a nice problem to have I guess.

I do really hope that Mingi is not cast off as he gives us something different, has looked very dominant when he's played, and could be a top player in a few years time if he continues to develop. Think he may have the biggest potential of all players in the squad, perhaps outside of Scarlett.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

CityBlue wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:24 pm It's a nice problem to have I guess.

I do really hope that Mingi is not cast off as he gives us something different, has looked very dominant when he's played, and could be a top player in a few years time if he continues to develop. Think he may have the biggest potential of all players in the squad, perhaps outside of Scarlett.
I think that the development of Mingi is a large part of why Tunnicliffe is going to depart. He will be on a lot more wages than Mingi and getting him off the books a year early (for a notional fee) allows Mingi to be kept in and around the match day squad.