Away tickets

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Away tickets

Post by Pompey55 »

I was somewhat surprised to read in the minutes of the Tony Goodhall fans forum that 30% of Forest Green tickets are allocated to members of “supporters groups” thus from an allocation of 1224 tickets only 850 will actually available for sale to others so basically like Ipswich the tickets available will be sold pretty much to those lucky enough to log on early during the season ticket priority window.
Does anyone know what is meant by “supporters groups” if so how can I join one of such groups without paying for season tickets.
I’m not raising this due to envy as we have tickets for Ipswich
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 58 times
Been liked: 69 times

Re: Away tickets

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 8:50 pm I was somewhat surprised to read in the minutes of the Tony Goodhall fans forum that 30% of Forest Green tickets are allocated to members of “supporters groups” thus from an allocation of 1224 tickets only 850 will actually available for sale to others so basically like Ipswich the tickets available will be sold pretty much to those lucky enough to log on early during the season ticket priority window.
Does anyone know what is meant by “supporters groups” if so how can I join one of such groups without paying for season tickets.
I’m not raising this due to envy as we have tickets for Ipswich
I don't really know anything about our various supporters clubs scattered around the country other than one of my mates is part of the London group and he seems to do quite well out of it all with regards to tickets.
I would love to go to the Forest Green Rovers game partly because it is another ground I have yet to visit as a Pompey fan. Even though two of my sons and I have season tickets, we have resigned ourselves to the fact that we won't get a look in as we have not saved up enough loyalty points. I suspect our allocation will be sold out within a couple of hours of going on sale tomorrow.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

You were correct all sold by 1700 what did they expect with only 850 left after members of supporters groups allocation
Was hoping to go with my granddaughter both have season tickets, again a ground I’ve not been to but was hoping she could experience good old fashioned standing terrace
So with Charlton and Wycombe not viable that’s 3 of our planned trips off
Still at least we are going to Ipswich
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:35 pm You were correct all sold by 1700 what did they expect with only 850 left after members of supporters groups allocation
Was hoping to go with my granddaughter both have season tickets, again a ground I’ve not been to but was hoping she could experience good old fashioned standing terrace
Jokes on you. You have to go to Ipswich 😆.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:06 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:35 pm You were correct all sold by 1700 what did they expect with only 850 left after members of supporters groups allocation
At least we can come home afterwards unlike most of their fans
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:18 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 6:06 pm
At least we can come home afterwards unlike most of their fans
:rofl :thumb
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

So much for one ticket per person as per the official site on the Portsmouth Facebook page there are people saying they have tickets for sale because they and their partner duplicated their “order”
Plus another offering their tickets for sale
The club need to sort this out for the sake of genuine supporters
Surety anyone selling on tickets should be barred from future sales
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:58 pm So much for one ticket per person as per the official site on the Portsmouth Facebook page there are people saying they have tickets for sale because they and their partner duplicated their “order”
Plus another offering their tickets for sale
The club need to sort this out for the sake of genuine supporters
Surety anyone selling on tickets should be barred from future sales
Edit later the offer of tickets for sale has gone guess some mug bought them