v Oxford

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 150 times

Re: v Oxford

Post by Pompey55 »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:50 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:09 pm
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:55 am
Pompey55 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 11:34 am
Portchesterblue2 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 8:39 am
Pompey55 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:53 pm
NSRailings wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:16 pm

Feels like we're starting from scratch again but hopefully we'll improve for Saturday.

i must have watched a different game then, the game I watched Mingi played as a sitting midfielder before it was changed to a back 3
Cowley must have watched a different game as well then he’s quoted as saying he changed to 4-3-3 with Hackett in the middle 3
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 2:09 pm I did notice that he changed the midfield in the second half however it made very little difference as it was Hackett who he put there apart from getting their player sent off he did sod all,he constantly runs into blind avenues,has no real first touch, and he is so one footed it’s embarrassing
It always fascinates me to see how people read the same game so differently. I'm not Reeco's greatest fan, and he is definitely one of the weakest footballers in our squad, but I thought he was one of our best players last night, especially considering his limitations. At least he put 100% into his game, unlike others
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Reeco did well last night. I was due to sit in the Fratton End but last minute change of plan due to a sick grandaughter put paid to that. Ifollow it was then. We never looked totally in control of the ball, it was clear from the first minute that we were overrun in midfield, yet Cowley just allowed this to happen. Bishop and Scarlett don't work as a pair, never have really so I don't understand the persistence. Absolutely no width which was again a stupid choice considering both wide players like to cut inside therefore hardly conducive to crossing the ball. Shame about Raggs and Reeco. Why on earth is Robertson taking corners? So many things wrong it's pointless listing them all. I couldn't believe the starting line up. Play off side is the most we can hope for imho. If we can steer clear of injuries, which I doubt. Far too many injuries occurring, have to question why?
Finally high press and attacking football....hmmmm :|
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Betelgeuse wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 5:30 pm Reeco did well last night. I was due to sit in the Fratton End but last minute change of plan due to a sick grandaughter put paid to that. Ifollow it was then. We never looked totally in control of the ball, it was clear from the first minute that we were overrun in midfield, yet Cowley just allowed this to happen. Bishop and Scarlett don't work as a pair, never have really so I don't understand the persistence. Absolutely no width which was again a stupid choice considering both wide players like to cut inside therefore hardly conducive to crossing the ball. Shame about Raggs and Reeco. Why on earth is Robertson taking corners? So many things wrong it's pointless listing them all. I couldn't believe the starting line up. Play off side is the most we can hope for imho. If we can steer clear of injuries, which I doubt. Far too many injuries occurring, have to question why?
Finally high press and attacking football....hmmmm :|
Agree with every word of that. Hope your granddaughter is OK?
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 176 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

She's ok Bill, only a year old and had a spell in QA but recovered now thanks.