MK Dons cup match

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

MK Dons cup match

Post by Pompey55 »

The priority window for season ticket holders has closed and just looked pretty much the whole Fratton End is still available for members window hardly any sold tickets to season ticket holders in their priority window.
Guess it’s due to the current crap being offered up
And yes we have bought our family seats it doesn’t matter to us we support no matter what
On the bright side with reduced ticket prices and kids for a quid promotion it could offer an opportunity to people normally unable to get tickets a chance to attend a match which can only be good for future support
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Re: MK Dons cup match

Post by Sam_Brown »

Knowing my luck I’ll get some tickets and it’ll be moved to an evening match.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Looks like a back three with Swanson and Hume as wingbacks. Pack and Mingi in midfield with Hackett Bishop and Curtis further forward. I quite like this formation, but saying that has probably put the kiss of death on it!
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

3-2. Anyone go to the match? Two wins in a row now. Appreciate they are cup games but still a win is a win and if today we tried a new formation bodes well for the future. Unbeaten in what? 10 now?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:57 pm 3-2. Anyone go to the match? Two wins in a row now. Appreciate they are cup games but still a win is a win and if today we tried a new formation bodes well for the future. Unbeaten in what? 10 now?

8056. Surprisingly few?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:57 pm 3-2. Anyone go to the match? Two wins in a row now. Appreciate they are cup games but still a win is a win and if today we tried a new formation bodes well for the future. Unbeaten in what? 10 now?
I went. The first half wasn't the worst but the second half was poor. Yes a new system was tried but, in my opinion, failed. There was no wide player other than Swanson on the right, who put a few crosses in, and Hume on the left who hardly got anything in from wide areas. My man of the match was Hackett who, in my opinion, is a wonderfully gifted footballer but lightweight on the ball. Mingi had a good game but we spent too much time trying to protect a two goal lead and letting Milton Keynes attack us.

Personally I think we should stick to playing with two strikers and stop worrying about what Joey Barton thinks of the way we play. I think people worry far too much about tactical line ups. If a team has good enough players any so called system would work whether or no your opponents know how you are going to play.
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:07 pm
I went. The first half wasn't the worst but the second half was poor. Yes a new system was tried but, in my opinion, failed. There was no wide player other than Swanson on the right, who put a few crosses in, and Hume on the left who hardly got anything in from wide areas. My man of the match was Hackett who, in my opinion, is a wonderfully gifted footballer but lightweight on the ball. Mingi had a good game but we spent too much time trying to protect a two goal lead and letting Milton Keynes attack us.

Personally I think we should stick to playing with two strikers and stop worrying about what Joey Barton thinks of the way we play. I think people worry far too much about tactical line ups. If a team has good enough players any so called system would work whether or no your opponents know how you are going to play.
Sort of agree with Blue Walter. Defensively Raggs/Robbo/Morrison were horribly exposed to the pace of MKD. But on the other hand 352 gave us a lot of possession 1st half & we could easily have been 3 or 4 -1 up @ ht.
Its a trade off & I think longterm we would end up conceding more than scoring.
Mingi was excellent 1st half as was Swanson, Reeco Hackett & Bishop. I actually though Hume put in some very decent crosses 1st half. But it was weird how after 50mins we just sat deeper & deeper. @ FT I think MKD could feel hard done by for not getting a replay. They pushed & pushed for a equaliser & Griff pulled off a great save. Real tale of 2 halves tbh.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by Blue Walter »

pompeygunner wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 1:28 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:07 pm

Sort of agree with Blue Walter. Defensively Raggs/Robbo/Morrison were horribly exposed to the pace of MKD. But on the other hand 352 gave us a lot of possession 1st half & we could easily have been 3 or 4 -1 up @ ht.
Its a trade off & I think longterm we would end up conceding more than scoring.
Mingi was excellent 1st half as was Swanson, Reeco Hackett & Bishop. I actually though Hume put in some very decent crosses 1st half. But it was weird how after 50mins we just sat deeper & deeper. @ FT I think MKD could feel hard done by for not getting a replay. They pushed & pushed for a equaliser & Griff pulled off a great save. Real tale of 2 halves tbh.

It seems I am in a bit of a minority on my judgement of Hume. I note in the News that they gave him a good write up and someone I was talking to today, who went to the game, thought he was not far off MoM. Its funny how we see the same game and have different opinions. I thought Cowley took him off because Hume was ineffective whereas the person I was talking to thought that he brought Ogilvie on to shore up the defence.