Away for a while, but nothing changes......

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

uspompeyfan
Guy Whittingham

Away for a while, but nothing changes......

Post by uspompeyfan »

Many of the same faces arguing the same points, ah, a new Year and nothing has changed.

Manager should be kept / sacked - Well I have gone with most points of view on this and been consistent in the past, Nice bloke, good man management style but slow to change tactics and rarely with a positive outcome when he does. Likely to keep him till th end of the season becaise the ownership won't want to pay him off as it is money spent without a solid ROI

Ownership - Don't have the inclination to spend in the Championship but happy to wield the 'good effort and on th eright track' card when we fall short again. This bunch are not the type to spend to get us up, mediocre at best, but they are rebuilding infrastructure - give some credit for that. However, fans want to win, not participation medals, so cannot support their overall leadership as owners.

League Position - I was critisized early when we got off to a flyer and talk of promotion was in the air back in September. I reminded everyone that last season we started the same, led the table and by Christmas were mid table and then stayed in and around the upper middle section till all hope of playoff football was lost. I was widely mocked for being a nay-sayer..........QED

Happy New Year everyone.....which was my original reason for posting, before I got sucked into reading some threads.
Philipians 4:13
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.