Proposed protest on Saturday

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 145 times

Proposed protest on Saturday

Post by Pompey55 »

Just what we really need now according to the snooze a “new fans group” are planning a protest aimed at the owners on Saturday
At present surely what the club needs is everyone pulling together to get behind the team
They intend to publish their demands on Friday presumably after they home from school and pick the team in their favourite computer team
This is what you get with a generation brought up expecting everything on a plate for them and don’t understand that we are a well supported tier 3 club
What ever will a new manager think if he walks into this sort of crap
I know I moan about things but that stops at the turnstile
These “supporters” certainly don’t represent my family
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 176 times

Re: Proposed protest on Saturday

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Oh dear oh dear.

I wonder if the questions are something like:

1. Which managers did we approach?
2. What about Chris Wilder?
3. What is the budget?
4. Why aren't we spending more money on players?
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 378 times
Been liked: 58 times

Post by GreenBlue »

If our owners were giving nothing, asset stripping and dragging our club into oblivion, I would agree wit the protest but the Eisners are none of the above.

I wonder if any current or ex-members of this board are involved in any way?
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Likely to be the first managers game too - the timing stinks.
PompeyExpat
Robbie Pethick
Been liked: 1 time

Post by PompeyExpat »

Bunch of idiots. Count your lucky stars you have a team to support and one that’s financially stable. It’s not the owners at fault here, it’s the mix of management and players.
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 27 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by New Forester »

Hopefully the vast majority of the crowd will drown them out.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey Mike in Suffolk
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by Pompey Mike in Suffolk »

This beggars belief. How short sighted are these protesters. Where would we be without the owners, we would be without a team to support or if we did survive would probably be playing county level football.
Sawbo Blue
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Sawbo Blue »

New Forester wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:29 pm Hopefully the vast majority of the crowd will drown them out.
A chorus of "sit down shut up" directed at them when they start their protest, would be apt
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

This is our first really bad run in 6 or 7 years if you really think about it.

Stinks of arrogance to me.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

We’re better than that.

It does feel like there has been a targeted and dare I say coordinated attack on the owners whenever things aren’t turning out well.

Not necessarily on here but other forums definitely with so many new users popping up with one or two posts spouting the same crap about the owners almost verbatim. I’d love for someone to check IP logs and see if they are all coming from the same sad act with nothing better to do 🤣.

On a side note were there protests back when we were doing badly in the prem. I don’t recall.

Edit: what’s the link for the article?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

They don’t seem to get it the owners set a playing budget and in 2 successive windows allowed the recruitment of expensive loanees which were above and beyond that set
Our problems are less the playing budget but the manner in which the Cowleys used it the owners trusted their football knowledge which was misplaced trust in my view so, what’s the point in a protest now when the prime cause of our current situation has gone
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Im 100% against this. Terrible idea, and I have absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm slightly disappointed that the 'Three Lads in the Pub' podcast are giving them airtime, but they say they are not pro or con it, just letting them have their say.

I've lifted this off twitter for those of you who asked for a link. It's from @SHOWAMBITIONPFC :

Thank you for all the messages with questions. Let me answer as many in one go. Apologies for a long thread. First and foremost this protest will be peaceful and not what you might be thinking. At no point will fans be on the pitch or doing anything that can cause PFC any issues with the authorities. Second. This protest isn’t going to be abusive or dealing in rumours and hearsay. It will deal in fact and be backed up with facts. Next. This protest is NOT calling for the Eisners to sell the club and get out as some have claimed. This will be focussing on dealing with very important questions as goal posts have absolutely been changed. We fully appreciate we don’t speak for all fans, we also fully appreciate that not all will support it and we respect that 100%. We would simply ask for two things. 1. Read the statement in full. 2. Respect those fans who do agree with this action. Ultimately our goal is all fans goal. A successful PFC. Further details will be announced on Saturday. #pup
Last edited by Selsey Bill on Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 99 times
Been liked: 146 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Cheers SB.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Hope the goalposts haven’t been changed too much as it might block my line of sight from my seat
I assume they meant the goalposts have moved if so that’s even worse from my seat
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Selsey Bill wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:53 pm Im 100% against this. Terrible idea, and I have absolutely nothing to do with it. I'm slightly disappointed that the 'Three Lads in the Pub' podcast are giving them airtime, but they say they are not pro or con it, just letting them have their say.

I've lifted this off twitter for those of you who asked for a link. It's from @PFCCOALITION :

Thank you for all the messages with questions. Let me answer as many in one go. Apologies for a long thread. First and foremost this protest will be peaceful and not what you might be thinking. At no point will fans be on the pitch or doing anything that can cause PFC any issues with the authorities. Second. This protest isn’t going to be abusive or dealing in rumours and hearsay. It will deal in fact and be backed up with facts. Next. This protest is NOT calling for the Eisners to sell the club and get out as some have claimed. This will be focussing on dealing with very important questions as goal posts have absolutely been changed. We fully appreciate we don’t speak for all fans, we also fully appreciate that not all will support it and we respect that 100%. We would simply ask for two things. 1. Read the statement in full. 2. Respect those fans who do agree with this action. Ultimately our goal is all fans goal. A successful PFC. Further details will be announced on Saturday. #pup
What's the protest actually against?