Proposed protest on Saturday

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 25 times

Re: Proposed protest on Saturday

Post by Mickemo »

Prob organising the protest
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by NSRailings »

Claygate wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:19 pm Where is Betelgeuse? I thought he would have a view on this topic when considering his ardent views on the Eisner ownership.
He's left the Board. Which is good as far as i'm concerned because he was blinkered and kept having the same opinion even though it was addressed by posters on here and the club over and over.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

NSRailings wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:14 pm
Mickemo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:50 pm I will do all I can to drown out any protest on Saturday with applause and clapping!
Careful, they might use that as thinking you support the protest. I prefer SB's "sit down shut up".
What if the protest is to sit down and shut up?!
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by Blue Walter »

NSRailings wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:32 pm
Claygate wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:19 pm Where is Betelgeuse? I thought he would have a view on this topic when considering his ardent views on the Eisner ownership.
He's left the Board. Which is good as far as i'm concerned because he was blinkered and kept having the same opinion even though it was addressed by posters on here and the club over and over.
By being 'blinkered' does that mean he didn't share the general veiw of the board? Being 'addressed by posters on here' mean that he wouldn't be educated by those that know better? I must agree that I didn't agree with much of what he said but I too find myself 'being addressed' because I don't actually agree with a lot that is posted on here, which probably makes me blinkered. I do have a point of veiw that differs from the main stream of posters on here, but I just see it as a difference of opinion, and I don't feel the need to be 'addressed'.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Been liked: 11 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Blue Walter wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:17 pm
By being 'blinkered' does that mean he didn't share the general veiw of the board? Being 'addressed by posters on here' mean that he wouldn't be educated by those that know better? I must agree that I didn't agree with much of what he said but I too find myself 'being addressed' because I don't actually agree with a lot that is posted on here, which probably makes me blinkered. I do have a point of veiw that differs from the main stream of posters on here, but I just see it as a difference of opinion, and I don't feel the need to be 'addressed'.
Yep, what always set this forum apart from others was that it managed to be a broad church where not just diverse views, but real diversity was not only tolerated but respected. Most here don't agree with my opinion that Fratton Park is a turd that the owners are wasting money polishing, but I keep saying it anyway as it's what I believe. I donn't agree with much of what Betelgeuse, or indeed several others, have to say either, but I respect their right to express their opinions, (so long as it's done within the bounds of common courtesy/decency).

Let's face it, if we all had the same views there'd be nothing to discuss.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 11:30 pm
Yep, what always set this forum apart from others was that it managed to be a broad church where not just diverse views, but real diversity was not only tolerated but respected. Most here don't agree with my opinion that Fratton Park is a turd that the owners are wasting money polishing, but I keep saying it anyway as it's what I believe. I donn't agree with much of what Betelgeuse, or indeed several others, have to say either, but I respect their right to express their opinions, (so long as it's done within the bounds of common courtesy/decency).

Let's face it, if we all had the same views there'd be nothing to discuss.

I feel sorry for your plumbing if your dropping Fratton Parks.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Never an issue with BGs or anyones opinions at all. Only time I used to get drawn in back in the day (and still do occasionally to my folly) was if people post provably incorrect “facts”.

Someone saying they’d like to see us do better on the pitch or that the owners should invest more in the playing side absolutely no issues with. Arguing 1+1 = 4 and defending that as an “opinion” irks me. I try not to take this place as seriously as of late and if I still do please just put it down to me being too young to know any better and needing to learn a bit more self control lol.

On BG leaving - I saw him post very recently so unsure why it’s assumed he’s left. Checking his profile he was last active on here yesterday (Wednesday 18th).
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Any idea who SCMP are?

Also, how much revenue is generated through the health and safety works? How about every ticket sold, and penny spent in the stadium by anyone who's in attendance that wouldn't be if those seats weren't available for sale.

It seems to me and judging by the banner on the twitter account the major axe to grind is around the sentence Eisner said at the guild hall about not needing him if you wanted to stay I. League one, take ages to do up the stadium and improve the academy.

All of those things are happening, I think everyone would have liked them to be done quicker but things unfortunately take time. Lots of things have just happened e.g. buying Roko other things have been announced, then in a timely manner started and completed.

I actually think I'm more excited about this statement that who the manager is going to be.
Last edited by Pompey1984+1 on Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 113 times
Been liked: 114 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Sam_Brown wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 1:53 am
Never an issue with BGs or anyones opinions at all. Only time I used to get drawn in back in the day (and still do occasionally to my folly) was if people post provably incorrect “facts”.

Someone saying they’d like to see us do better on the pitch or that the owners should invest more in the playing side absolutely no issues with. Arguing 1+1 = 4 and defending that as an “opinion” irks me. I try not to take this place as seriously as of late and if I still do please just put it down to me being too young to know any better and needing to learn a bit more self control lol.

On BG leaving - I saw him post very recently so unsure why it’s assumed he’s left. Checking his profile he was last active on here yesterday (Wednesday 18th).
Yes, I agree 100% with the 'fact' post when, in fact, it is just an opinion.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:33 pm
NSRailings wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 9:14 pm
Mickemo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:50 pm I will do all I can to drown out any protest on Saturday with applause and clapping!
Careful, they might use that as thinking you support the protest. I prefer SB's "sit down shut up".
What if the protest is to sit down and shut up?!
Why is it based in the North Stand? :D
If so no different from normal
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:01 am

Any idea who SCMP are?

Also, how much revenue is generated through the health and safety works? How about every ticket sold, and penny spent in the stadium by anyone who's in attendance that wouldn't be if those seats weren't available for sale.

It seems to me and judging by the banner on the twitter account the major axe to grind is around the sentence Eisner said at the guild hall about not needing him if you wanted to stay I. League one, take ages to do up the stadium and improve the academy.

All of those things are happening, I think everyone would have liked them to be done quicker but things unfortunately take time. Lots of things have just happened e.g. buying Roko other things have been announced, then in a timely manner started and completed.

I actually think I'm more excited about this statement that who the manager is going to be.
So is it all they want I thought it was already in the public domain maybe they read less than most or just which enters their little part of the multiverse
Do they not realize losing more than a year’s income due to Covid was bound to impact on timing
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 50 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

mis information about who the Eisners bought the club from ????
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:42 am mis information about who the Eisners bought the club from ????
No just a sign of crap research and knowledge schools don’t teach anything correctly now days
Rule one was always research and know your subject
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:42 am mis information about who the Eisners bought the club from ????
That's the bit which has really thrown me.

I'm half expecting aliens.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Still argue these “protestors” weren’t expecting to get the lime light they got due to it being a slow news day and are now stalling because they don’t actually have something concrete to produce.

“Don’t worry guys it’s coming. Any day now 😉
Coeli lux nostra ductrix