Proposed protest on Saturday

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 38 times

Re: Proposed protest on Saturday

Post by phat_chris »

Betelgeuse wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:52 pm Well I haven't see the whole ground, but the South Stand looks quite nice although by all accounts a lot of the original is just hardboarded over in other parts of the ground. How's the beverage stalls going? I think the plans for the Milton End are horrible btw. Why not dig out the earth mound?
So what you are saying is that what you can see for yourself looks nice, but what you've "heard" is that in other parts of the ground they are just papering over the cracks? You are going on heresay rather than having any real evidence? Looks to me like you are just believing what you want to believe rather than what you can see right in front of you.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Although a Fratton End season ticket holder had to use the North for the Coventry game and South for pizza cup
Visually both are a vast improvement from what I recall very nice and pretty unfortunately the service at the concessions were absolute crap
Anyway is there any news on this protest manifesto or are they doing the decent thing and giving the new coach a chance
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Mickemo »

Betelgeuse wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 9:28 am
Mickemo wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 8:03 pm
streetrifle wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:56 pm I completely support this protest and its long overdue. Through their lack of adequate recruitment financing for Cowley and insistence on penny-pinching through the continued use of loanees, the owners have presided this season over a situation where the club has slipped into the bottom half of the league, ruined any chance of promotion/play offs, and screwed up the career of a promising young coach.Some would say that they approach the possibility of promotion with some trepidation and have put forward guards against promotion.
What has happened to us, we were always so proud of our loyal and passionate support.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but outside Portsea Island, PFC are not perceived as football giants anymore (or fallen giants for that matter) which appears to be the view of many Pompey fans.

The Eisners have kept their word re their approach so what is the basis for the Protest? Don’t tell me it’s due to poor performance on the pitch alone as any sane person understands rationale for the form drop, injuries/ loss of key players esp in MF. I agree with your point re overuse of loans and the club have acknowledged that so hoping for less loans in the foreseeable.

Don’t worry about the Cowleys, their career is far from screwed, IMHO we will see them employed at a Championship club before too long.
You must be dreaming if you think they'll be employed in the Championship. League one/two is their level imho. As for Eisners keeping their word..cheap H&S work to the stadium to keep it fully open, capacity the same as before. How many players do we have coming through the academy that are currently in the squad, let alone that we can sell for a decent profit? Answer...none. Last player we sold for a profit that came through our academy....Jed Wallace. Here we are mid/lower table league one, looking for our 3rd manager under the Eisners after nearly 6 years...great isn't it. Tectonic plates move faster that these guys. Incidentally if they'd given Jackett a decent January budget 4 years ago we'd have been promoted (not that I liked Jackett, his football was awful) but their tightness ensured we failed. And since then we haven't come close. I agree with the protest, we've gone nowhere under current ownership, and who's to say we'd have gone bust? Any other clubs gone bust due to covid?? Outside of this fairyland board you'll see that plenty of people are unhappy with the Eisners. Brick by brick, more like century by century. It's great being debt free etc but we're stagnant. I'm sure one day we'll get to the Championship with them at the helm, not sure I'll be around to see it and I'm 61. Anyway that's my opinion, sorry I don't agree with most of you, but that's the purpose of (most) message boards.

Well BG, respectfully ;

I disagree with your “opinion” of the Cowleys ability to manage a Club at a higher level. They will!
I disagree with the rationale you put forward to Protest too. They have kept to their brief as stated pre purchase.
I disagree with the cheap H&S comment…that’s just factually wrong.
Jed Wallace wasn’t the product of our academy (noting you correct this in a later post) but take the point that our academy should be producing more output.
I agree with you ref their pace they operate on certain critical factors such as appoint a new head coach.

As you say you have your views and I have mine. No need to apologise for them being different, that’s what makes the world (or this forum) what it is.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

That's good then Mick :D
Incidentally I wonder if they would have been given the gig if people had known the real timescale of their ambition.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 38 times
Been liked: 25 times

Post by Mickemo »

Betelgeuse wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:26 am That's good then Mick :D
Incidentally I wonder if they would have been given the gig if people had known the real timescale of their ambition.
That’s a fair question TBH, football fans are not noted for their patience though :D

I’d hoped that we would be in the Championship by now however I do understand the factors why that’s not the case.

I think BlueWater made a good point that the club should come out with a statement on their aspirations and associated timescales. I feel that would help defuse the current situation to a certain extent.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Mickemo wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:51 am
That’s a fair question TBH, football fans are not noted for their patience though :D

I’d hoped that we would be in the Championship by now however I do understand the factors why that’s not the case.

I think BlueWater made a good point that the club should come out with a statement on their aspirations and associated timescales. I feel that would help defuse the current situation to a certain extent.
Problem is if something happens to change that - or your just unlucky it's another stick to be beaten with.

Football is at the end of the day a sport, if there was a gurentee flick of a switch to get you out the league we wouldn't watch it
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Pompey55 »

My understanding is it was a rolling contract
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Mickemo wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:51 am

I personally don't see this as a "situation" just a couple of saddos who got lucky on a slow news day making the most of it.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix