Plymouth Argyle Match this saturday

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Plymouth Argyle Match this saturday

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I shall be there in the Pompey section for the first time at Home Park for probably 15 or 16 years. The ground is about 15 miles from where I live and usually I sit with some of the morons who support the "Green Army" (and what a fickle lot they are)
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Plymouth Argyle Match this saturday

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:20 pm I shall be there in the Pompey section for the first time at Home Park for probably 15 or 16 years. The ground is about 15 miles from where I live and usually I sit with some of the morons who support the "Green Army" (and what a fickle lot they are)
We have tickets and travel arranged so will be there all my wife’s extend family are from the area and my nephew supports them I’ve tried to explain they can take something to address that problem
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:33 pm
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:20 pm I shall be there in the Pompey section for the first time at Home Park for probably 15 or 16 years. The ground is about 15 miles from where I live and usually I sit with some of the morons who support the "Green Army" (and what a fickle lot they are)
We have tickets and travel arranged so will be there all my wife’s extend family are from the area and my nephew supports them I’ve tried to explain they can take something to address that problem
I have lived and worked down here for nearly 50 years, one of my Daughters was born here (although she now lives in Bristol) and the other arrived when she was 2 years old and still lives in Devon with her Family. I did when I first arrived try and form affection for `Argyle` but it is so different from a football perspective down here. The Fans are so fickle and to compare the atmosphere at Fratton Park to Home Park is like chalk and cheese. Pompey Fans get behind the Team, things go a little awry during a match at Home Park their Fans start having a "Go" at their Team. I took my youngest Grandson to Fratton Park for the first time and he was "knocked out" with the atmosphere. He lives in West Devon and has been to more matches at Home Park than Fratton and conceded there was no comparison. Bearing in mind that his first match was against Coventry the famous 3-3 draw against 9 men.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Looking to get ready to make the journey to North Plymouth to catch the bus to Home Park
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by NSRailings »

Team:

Oluwayemi, Bernard, Raggett, Towler, Ogilvie, Tunnicliffe, Pack (c), Morrell, Dale, Bishop, Jacobs

Subs: Steward, Hume, Thompson, Hackett, Lane, Scarlett, Pigott

Macey is out with illness.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

We seem to have had a lot of illness this year. More tha. During Covid!
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 4:04 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Tue Feb 07, 2023 3:33 pm
I have lived and worked down here for nearly 50 years, one of my Daughters was born here (although she now lives in Bristol) and the other arrived when she was 2 years old and still lives in Devon with her Family. I did when I first arrived try and form affection for `Argyle` but it is so different from a football perspective down here. The Fans are so fickle and to compare the atmosphere at Fratton Park to Home Park is like chalk and cheese. Pompey Fans get behind the Team, things go a little awry during a match at Home Park their Fans start having a "Go" at their Team. I took my youngest Grandson to Fratton Park for the first time and he was "knocked out" with the atmosphere. He lives in West Devon and has been to more matches at Home Park than Fratton and conceded there was no comparison. Bearing in mind that his first match was against Coventry the famous 3-3 draw against 9 men.
I have lived mid way between Bournemouth and Southampton for 46 years. I cannot raise any enthusiasm to watch either. I sometimes think I will simply enjoy watching Premiership football in Southampton - an easy journey. But every time I I set up a purchase I can’t go through with it. Once hooked to a team early in life it becomes a lifelong addiction. Enjoy the match if you can.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Rjk66 »

No Curtis- injured??
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Rjk66 wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:40 pm No Curtis- injured??
Yes, but hopefully back soon in a couple of weeks.
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 15 times

Post by Rjk66 »

Thanks for the update Berkshire blue. The present 2-0 score line is going to bring an onslaught of abuse about our prospects for the future
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

3-1
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 5 times

Post by meakinsl »

Seems the late injury time goal was hoping for came at wrong end, be interesting to hear bftg reports to see if any progress being made
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

OK, so I have just watched this match on iFollow and something became blatantly clear...WE ARE SOOOO SLOW!!! a yard slower at least, always second to the ball, no anticipation plus our ball control is pathetic. Plymouth gave us a lesson today in how to use spaces and attacking the ball. Their third goal was a disgrace from Marlon Pack who simply gave up and then had the temerity to blame the keeper for not coming 30 yds out of goal for a ball. Afraid Pack has gone backward since he joined us and perhaps needs a rest, same with Ragget who I thought was poor today. What did surprise me was the initial selection because it seemed we got better as the subs were made.
Oh, well...onwards and downwards!! :roll:
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Basically, we need a rebuild. Nowhere near good enough. Far too slow and poor decision making and execution.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

:Beaten by the better team, real chance to get an undeserved point.

Encouraging start under JM but plenty of sharpening up to be done for next season.