Forest Green

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 32 times

Forest Green

Post by jam tomorrow »

Hopefully Morrell will be available for this game I think Mous will play Robertson at CM with Towler on the bench, together with Pack?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Re: Forest Green

Post by NSRailings »

Lowery to start hopefully.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Post by Pompey55 »

I hate games against club’s fighting relegation unfortunately this and 4 others are against teams doing so
I’d like to see both Morrell and Lowery playing in midfield and Jacobs instead of Hackett
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

Looks like you've all got your wishes granted.

app.php/live-match-coverage
Screenshot_20230401_142237_Chrome-03.jpeg
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 9:03 am I hate games against club’s fighting relegation unfortunately this and 4 others are against teams doing so
I’d like to see both Morrell and Lowery playing in midfield and Jacobs instead of Hackett
Agree teams are fighting for their lives and will be very defensive especially away from home
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
RubiconCSL
Site Admin
Has liked: 80 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by RubiconCSL »

It may turn out to be a bit late now, but a good day results-wise. Pompey win, Derby lose, and Peterborough and Wycombe draw. I have a feeling our lack of goals could cost us in the end though, even if we can claw back the points. Looks like we totally dominated and only get one goal. It takes me back to the 92-93 season (can't believe that was 30 years ago!!). West Ham pipped us I think by scoring one goal more than us. I went to the Bristol Rovers away game and have never seen a more one-sided match - again we only won 2-1, where we should have got a shed load. A couple more goals and we'd have been up.
Like many, trust few and always paddle you own canoe.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

We are now just three points behind Derby, Peterborough & Bolton (in 5th place) Peterborough have to go to Ipswich & Barnsley. If we can beat Derby & Wycombe we could just sneak into 6th place. The problem then is we shall probably play either ipswich or Wednesday. The dream is still on PUP
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

"It's the hope that gets you!!" :(
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Dale finally scores and then misses two sitters!!
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

RubiconCSL wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:10 pm It may turn out to be a bit late now, but a good day results-wise. Pompey win, Derby lose, and Peterborough and Wycombe draw. I have a feeling our lack of goals could cost us in the end though, even if we can claw back the points. Looks like we totally dominated and only get one goal. It takes me back to the 92-93 season (can't believe that was 30 years ago!!). West Ham pipped us I think by scoring one goal more than us. I went to the Bristol Rovers away game and have never seen a more one-sided match - again we only won 2-1, where we should have got a shed load. A couple more goals and we'd have been up.
The problem in 92/93 was that West Ham and Swindon played a day after us and Hoddle rested his first team as they already had a playoff position thus why now that all matches are on at the same time
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Today shows why we need someone to back up Bishop we are lacking a real cutting edge we should have been out of sight by half time against possibly the worst team I’ve seen this season
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:59 pm Today shows why we need someone to back up Bishop we are lacking a real cutting edge we should have been out of sight by half time against possibly the worst team I’ve seen this season
I think Pigott is your man. Couldn't watch the game but 3 points is :thumb
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

NSRailings wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:11 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:59 pm Today shows why we need someone to back up Bishop we are lacking a real cutting edge we should have been out of sight by half time against possibly the worst team I’ve seen this season
I think Pigott is your man. Couldn't watch the game but 3 points is :thumb
I’d agree so be interesting on Friday if he starts after his suspension ends
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

Today was dire.
I do giggle at comments outside this forum such as "from our possession stats we totally dominated". The truth is we passed sideways, we passed back, we passed forward to a player facing back, who then passed back, we passed to keeper who then passed it out and then we repeated it all again, and again. Yes, lots of possession but no penetration.
It was so boring that in my area of North Upper we invented a game of guessing how long it would be until our players, with the ball at their feet, would beat a Forest Green player while advancing up the pitch (so no sideways or backward passing), just an attacking drive, dribbling I think it used to be called. Before I lost the will to live the maximum we waited was four minutes and 38 seconds of possession.
I would love us to get out of this league but we are noway ready to challenge any decent side on the basis of our performance today.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Also you missed the fact that Tunnicliffe spend most of the game as our deepest lying player mostly sitting on our own penalty area