Tony Goodhall fans forum

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Tony Goodhall fans forum

Post by Pompey55 »

The latest minutes are now available on club website
One interesting detail is regarding next years season tickets it would appear that they are actively considering a 2 or 3 tier pricing structure as apparently only us and Lincoln have a one price suits all policy
I wonder how the structure will be set if it goes ahead will it be stand by stand or section by section. We should know soon as details before season end
It could blow up in their faces as obviously money is tight for many and paying a premium for a particular area could reduce renewals or instigate a mass movement from the more expensive areas
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Re: Tony Goodhall fans forum

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Thanks for this - really interesting.

In some countries if you have a match day ticket you can travel on the public transport for free on the day of the game. This was also done for the entire west midlands during the commonwealth games. Given the compactness of Pompey, I wonder if this has ever been explored before. It wouldn't help me especially but if I was an away fan arriving early on the train say I might want to go down the dock yard or elsewhere in the city and then travel back towards Fratton.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Tony Goodhall fans forum

Post by Pompey55 »

Mark Judges the new Sales Director is quoted as saying season ticket issues were subject to a fan’s consultation last week and that there will be an ongoing fan consultation process regarding next season
Can anyone please enlighten me as to who the fans who were and will be consulted are and if they are representative of average season ticket holder opinion or demographic
Surely any real consultation should be via a survey of existing season ticket holders much as that carried out recently for transport
Otherwise it’s the view of a minority of favoured fans that will steer the direction the club takes and human nature dictates they will advise their opinion based on what is best for them