Westwood

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Westwood

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Been banned from attending matches at FP for the rest of the season apparently
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Westwood

Post by Pompey55 »

It’s a one year ban but the final 7 month’s suspended from 11 August subject to good behaviour
So in effect until the end of this season then hanging over him if he misbehaves then it will come into play next season
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 46 times

Post by New Forester »

What did he do this time?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

New Forester wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:49 am What did he do this time?
It’s still about him going into the ladies the initial 2 match ban was just to give time to consider the matter in detail and fairly
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Amazing is it not, that he went into the "Ladies" toilets claiming he was transgender when he is clearly a Dickhead
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 97 times
Been liked: 138 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Unfortunately for Mr PFC - dickhead isn’t on the list of approved pronouns.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Lets face it Westwood is in the marmite style description. The Club are aware of his high profile and the negative response should they have given him this current ban after his first indiscretion. On a number of occasions when disclosing that I am a Pompey Supporter or that I have been to a Pompey Match. I am asked whether "Mr Pompey" was at the game or isn`t there a "Super Fan" that supports Pompey. If the Club had thrown him out earlier there would have been too much negative publicity against Portsmouth Football Club
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

I’d agree when you meet other fans from other clubs they often ask about him however I think that this season with his persistent misbehavior that the club have indulged him somewhat with slaps on the wrist
I’ve seen comments elsewhere stating that his absence will affect the atmosphere at games I would say what affects the atmosphere is the football not one individual or his band of drummers, at away games I’ve noticed a new generation of younger fans leading the support to a degree with or without him.
Our support will remain the same over time with or without high profile supporters it’s what we are
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 365 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:44 pm I’d agree when you meet other fans from other clubs they often ask about him however I think that this season with his persistent misbehavior that the club have indulged him somewhat with slaps on the wrist
I’ve seen comments elsewhere stating that his absence will affect the atmosphere at games I would say what affects the atmosphere is the football not one individual or his band of drummers, at away games I’ve noticed a new generation of younger fans leading the support to a degree with or without him.
Our support will remain the same over time with or without high profile supporters it’s what we are
Great post. Pompey are bigger than one individual as are our fans. The youngsters are the 'us' of the future and they don't need a Westwood, they just need to be bitten by the Pompey bug.
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 7:44 pm I would say what affects the atmosphere is the football not one individual or his band of drummers
I think that's spot on. Once we started to improve against Port Vale the support got better. The first half was dire and the crowd reflected that.
Super Matt Macey in goal...