Oxford Tuesday

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 134 times

Re: Oxford Tuesday

Post by Pompey55 »

streetrifle wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:47 pm One small point. it saddens me to see Pompey largely discarding their royal blue colours these days. Pompey's traditional colours are royal blue but we rarely see it nowadays. I dislike the use of brown and green more frequently,
I also if you saw I made exactly the same point a short while ago it’s all about shirt sales unfortunately
Last edited by Pompey55 on Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Betelgeuse wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:49 pm
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:44 pm 1-1 HT and we have four Players booked, the Referee seems determined to find his red card
I thought it was 5. Either way this ref is diabolical. And so is the match.
I’ve given up unfortunately I can’t get interested in a match I’m not at anymore anyway Peterborough are 2-0 up so any remote chance of matches having any relevance are gone
I just going to the last 3 matches to just enjoy myself no matter what
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Jacobs is soooo poor. I really hope he doesn't get his contract renewed
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 165 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 7:50 pm Just a thought about our away matches this year maybe I’m a dinosaur but was it not the case that we always wore our traditional blue / white kit away unless there was a colour clash what is this rubbish idea of always wearing a second or third kit for away games
I get the commercial idea but sometimes tradition is more important or maybe as I can’t make the match tonight I’m just bored
I believe there is some football league rules about this.
England’s FA have the following rules when it comes to a team’s kits:

The two teams must wear colours that distinguish them from each other and the match officials
Each goalkeeper must wear colours that are distinguishable from the other players and the match officials
If the two goalkeepers’ shirts are the same colour and neither has another shirt, the referee allows the match to be played.
Likewise, it is also stated that players on separate teams must wear both socks and shorts that are clearly different from their opposition. This means that there must be no colour clashes with any part of either team’s kit. While it might be rare in the modern era to see two elite clubs have the headache of a kit clash, there have been some notable occasions where a governing body themselves has had to step in.
Last edited by Pompey1984+1 on Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

That was absolutely ****** awful. Only piece of quality was Pack's free kick. The rest was unimaginative toss. I can't think of one player who I'd keep for next season out of that lot.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 68 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Yet another p#ss poor game from Pompey against a spirited but rubbish, probably the worst team we've played this season...Oxford.

It would be impossible to give any Pompey player MoM..they were all equally poor (perhaps just Pack for his goal but that's all he did).

Think any number of these players must be really worried for their Pompey future..and so they should be!!
I'm beginning to wonder about the leadership and direction coming from Mousinho. Surely he can't be happy with what he is seeing? Think he needs to be a bit more animated and forceful with his troops.
streetrifle
Paul Merson
Been liked: 2 times

Post by streetrifle »

Poor display by Pompey tonight against a very ordinary uninspiring Oxford team . We could easily have lost the game, given the chances that Oxford had in the second half. We defend OK but have nothing to offer up front, I felt sorry for bishop who had no service whatsoever. There needs to be a lot of new players for next season if we are to make any sort of attempt aat promotion.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 164 times
Been liked: 32 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

eltorrro wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:54 pm Yet another p#ss poor game from Pompey against a spirited but rubbish, probably the worst team we've played this season...Oxford.

It would be impossible to give any Pompey player MoM..they were all equally poor (perhaps just Pack for his goal but that's all he did).

Think any number of these players must be really worried for their Pompey future..and so they should be!!
I'm beginning to wonder about the leadership and direction coming from Mousinho. Surely he can't be happy with what he is seeing? Think he needs to be a bit more animated and forceful with his troops.
Our owners don't have a clue. Best they stick to TV entertainment.
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by NSRailings »

eltorrro wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 9:54 pm I'm beginning to wonder about the leadership and direction coming from Mousinho. Surely he can't be happy with what he is seeing? Think he needs to be a bit more animated and forceful with his troops.
So am I unfortunately. Even the Pompey fans got frustrated with the lack of movement and urgency tonight. Mousinho uses phrases like 'we need a little more' or 'we weren't quite...' and it's not inspiring enough for me. You wonder whether Bishop will score again this season - zero service. Too long dwelling on the ball going forward because of either lack of options or just too slow to decide what to do.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 192 times
Been liked: 108 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Betelgeuse wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:49 pm
BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Tue Apr 18, 2023 8:44 pm 1-1 HT and we have four Players booked, the Referee seems determined to find his red card
I thought it was 5. Either way this ref is diabolical. And so is the match.
It was six in total (two in the second half) to their one. Odd really when you consider they committed more fouls than we did!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Over the last few weeks one or the other of us have called the team we drew with the worst team we have played all season that I think shows a lot about the quality we are lacking does it not
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

It’s not just us fans who think performances lately have been poor even bl**dy Eisner tweeted about it last night
Wonder if he will still be at the Wycombe game as planned ?
I’m not sure he would want a repeat of last time he was here
NSRailings
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 60 times

Post by NSRailings »

Thought he'd been hacked but it's genuine. Not exactly Todd Boehly but it's a start.
Super Matt Macey in goal...