Sunday Alarm

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 128 times

Re: Sunday Alarm

Post by Blue Walter »

Jaspers ghost wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 10:22 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:53 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:51 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:36 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 1:16 pm I was listening to the radio where they were discussing this alarm signal at 3 pm on Sunday. Personally I think it is a good idea but I am not surprised that some people are dead against it. Using an attack on civil liberties and an invasion off privacy as an argument against it. There was also a discussion on how to opt out of it and how to turn it off when it goes off. The Government has asked people not to opt out or turn it off so that people will be aware and what to expect in an emergency. This alarm will be on for 10 seconds so I wouldn't think that is too intrusive, but it is for some people apparently. I understand that we are the only major country in the world that does not have an emergency signal of some kind.

As I have said I think it is a good idea and I wondered what others thought on this forum.
I think it's an excellent idea - as long as it doesn't get diluted by being used to tell us it's going to be a bit windy.

I don't see it as an attack on civil liberties, but then again I believe ID cards should be introduced.
Oddly enough I totally agree with you.
lmao we can't have people agreeing on here... what's the world coming to.

I also agree... :D

I agree as well .

I also think ID cards are a good idea .

I don't see that ID cards has anything to do with taking away civil liberties. In fact I think it would help the normal law abiding folk of this land and, I would think, it is only naughty people who would worry about them.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

ID cards would also make your own life so much easier to.
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Rjk66 »

The alarm tomorrow may cover some of the players continuing excuses after another drab 1-1 draw today.
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Well, they test the alarms here once a month. Its for tornado warnings and sometimes missing / abducted kids. It's a mildly ear-splitting tone that comes on yer tv or radio and yer phone. Also, air raid sirens around town tested monthly for tornados.
Used a bit much for my liking. When the tornado actually does come here ....most of us aren't listening. It's a bit like the weather guy getting overly excited as a windy day with a bit of thunder approaches or were gonna get 6 ft of snow and only 3 inches arrives.
Also, the missing kid abduction alerts almost always seem to be custody issues with divorced / separated parents and not some sort of stranger street kidnapping.
Anyhow....point being you give the govt a good tool, it gets over used to the point were not paying much attention anymore so when the real drama happens its not as effective as it might be,
Div III. Call it what it is.