Accrington.

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Accrington.

Post by New Forester »

Anyone there?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Accrington.

Post by Pompey55 »

New Forester wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:37 pm Anyone there?
Yes we were and it was absolutely dire
We looked like the team struggling against relegation no effort whatsoever a typical end of season sod all interest from anyone apart from the fans
blue architect
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 22 times

Post by blue architect »

65 minutes in and the Faithful start standing with arms in the air applauding and singing "We've had a shot, we've had a shot, we've had a shot".
It wasn't on target but it did lighten to mood and showed how boring it all was.
THE TRICORN - BRUTAL ARCHITECTURE
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:52 pm
New Forester wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 5:37 pm Anyone there?
Yes we were and it was absolutely dire
We looked like the team struggling against relegation no effort whatsoever a typical end of season sod all interest from anyone apart from the fans
Listening on I Follow not even sure the fans were that interested!

I'm not sure it's lack of effort, just that our attacking midfielders aren't good enough.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

blue architect wrote: Sat Apr 22, 2023 6:02 pm 65 minutes in and the Faithful start standing with arms in the air applauding and singing "We've had a shot, we've had a shot, we've had a shot".
It wasn't on target but it did lighten to mood and showed how boring it all was.
Game was summed up by the fact that when we scored that the chant was “it’s as miracle” from the Fratton End
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

Beginning to wish I hadn’t asked. 😀😀
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

That was poor really poor. I did think about shoving off at half time. That was two rubbish teams out there today but if Accrington Stanley still had Bishop they would have won that hands down. They had 18 attempts with 6 on target we had 12 with 2 on target, those statistics tell their own story and we were fortunate to win. Our man of the match had to be Bernard because he defended well and was the most inventive going forward. Three good runs and three cute through balls, and I don't think he should have been playing unless we have him here next season. I am glad Towler played and he had a reasonable game in my veiw. It took too long for Mousinho to go two up top and I don't think this game, or the preceding 4 games, have done his reputation much good at all. What we are witnessing is every bit as bad as when Cowley was here, there is no improvement.

This is really poor from Pompey and it is going to have to be some overhaul in the summer. I know the two blokes who sit next to me are not sure about renewing their season tickets and there must be more thinking the same way. I know someone who lives near me is definitely not renewing as he reckons that he can watch games on his computer, or whatever. We have got to be better than this.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Just watched the highlights..it was just the referee blowing for full time!! :lol:
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pigott scored - but didn't seem to care too much. I don't blame him as he's been wasted this season.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

This 'playing out from the back' is nonsense in my veiw. It may notch the 'stats' percentage up but it seems a really risky thing to do and it adds boredom factor too. There is endless passing to and from the keeper and central defenders, which invariably ends up by someone smashing it up field in a hurried clearance. Or someone making a mistake and losing the ball in a dangerous area. As far as I can see a measured long ball our of defence would be much better. We haven't got the players that are comfortable playing this way especially when confidence is low. Even teams at a higher level get caught out so often, like Manchester United during the week.
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Right, I'll probably get shot down for saying this but JM isn't the answer. Like BW said it's no different that under the Cowley's, same slow build up, passing it around at the back, wingers cutting back and passing it inside, one up front. No joy to our play at all. Obviously he's going to have the summer transfer window to build his own squad but if we're nowhere near by Christmas he has to go. It's time for the owners to put up or sod off.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

"I get it, the fans are frustrated, they want to see us blow sides away at home and we want to try to do that, but you have to respect opposition and, to make sure we win the games, we must be solid defensively...." Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Am starting to think Mousinho's only interested in the stats on his CV

"but probably didn’t create enough to put the game to bed." no ******.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:03 pm Right, I'll probably get shot down for saying this but JM isn't the answer. Like BW said it's no different that under the Cowley's, same slow build up, passing it around at the back, wingers cutting back and passing it inside, one up front. No joy to our play at all. Obviously he's going to have the summer transfer window to build his own squad but if we're nowhere near by Christmas he has to go. It's time for the owners to put up or sod off.

I have said that the football is no better than when Cowley was here, in fact worse at times. I would not go as far as saying Mousinho is not the answer but I am far from impressed with him so far. What I don't know, of course, is how he sees this current situation. Is he just waiting for the season to end and biding his time until he can get his own players in or is he unable to change things? As we don't know the answer we can't really say Mousinho is not up to the job. People will point to the fact we are unbeaten in 9 games but in that run of games we have played some of the poorest teams in this league. We had the opportunity to really go for broke and get the wins we needed in games we really should have won. I believe we have good players for this level and they should have been good enough to garner more points and put on a far better display. Whether they didn't was was down to the players or the leadership I don't know. So all we can do and wait to see if Mousinho is the man and the players are the villains or the other way round.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

NSRailings wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 6:14 pm "I get it, the fans are frustrated, they want to see us blow sides away at home and we want to try to do that, but you have to respect opposition and, to make sure we win the games, we must be solid defensively...." Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Am starting to think Mousinho's only interested in the stats on his CV

"but probably didn’t create enough to put the game to bed." no ******.
I read paragraph 1 as stuff entertaining football my aim is not to lose no matter what it’s been pretty sure when we have gone into a lead that we now just sit back and defend that single goal very little attempt or desire to build on it, that’s coming from the coach surely
I for one don’t want to see that philosophy next season and can only hope that at present it’s due to our crap squad
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Hypothetical question, Would people be happier if we played entertaining all our attack football and didn't make the play offs, or a more procession based style and made the play offs?