iFollow

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 111 times

Re: iFollow

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I have just found this post and I am surprised at the angst and vitrol this has created. I live 180 miles from Fratton Park and because of various factors have not been to Portsmouth for three years, am I not a real Supporter? I have used my VPN connection to watch most games this season on IFollow by telling my Computer I am either in France or Italy on a saturday. I assume that I will still be able to do this when the new deal comes into force. However I would add I have been to six away games this season: Plymouth, Exeter, Bristol Rovers, Bolton, Shrewsbury & Spurs. I went to my first match at Fratton Park in 1959 and although I moved away from Portsmouth over 50 years ago I have watched Pompey play in every season since!

Regarding Sky to which I subscribe, I cannot use my `Sky Go` connection when abroad ( where I now spend maybe 3 months in every year) This year now I have loaded my VPN software on my Laptop I hope `I can log in to England` to get `Sky Go`. I`ll find out on friday!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

NSRailings wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 9:11 am As '84+1 says - nothing changes for overseas viewers and UK can still stream audibly via iFollow. I guess you'll need to have a Sky sub already to watch the selected games in the UK? I'd prefer to continue paying one-off's as and when.
It mentions a sky platform for games, weather thats an extension of NowTV or what who knows at the moment.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 150 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Today reinforces my opinion regarding early kickoffs at home I normally have a couples of beers before I leave home just seems wrong doing that at 1000 on a Sunday ( but it’s not stopping me doing it)
Melbourne Graham
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Melbourne Graham »

I now live in Melbourne and have been here for 3 years only giving up my season ticket last year. I have watched every Pompey game on I follow, Saturday games started at 02.00. With this deal it stops me from watching all games as when Sky show Pompey games they will be on a subscription channel here. Now I’ll be getting all information through text reports. Extremely disappointed in the club for supporting this and not considering it’s fans living abroad.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Melbourne Graham wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:03 am I now live in Melbourne and have been here for 3 years only giving up my season ticket last year. I have watched every Pompey game on I follow, Saturday games started at 02.00. With this deal it stops me from watching all games as when Sky show Pompey games they will be on a subscription channel here. Now I’ll be getting all information through text reports. Extremely disappointed in the club for supporting this and not considering it’s fans living abroad.
Don't know why you think that:

"From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences."

It might effect kick-off dates and times though.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

Seems to be some considerable confusion, doubt and lack of reliable information here.

Does anyone know someone at a senior level in the club who could be contacted to clarify the situation?
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

NSRailings wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:12 am
Melbourne Graham wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:03 am I now live in Melbourne and have been here for 3 years only giving up my season ticket last year. I have watched every Pompey game on I follow, Saturday games started at 02.00. With this deal it stops me from watching all games as when Sky show Pompey games they will be on a subscription channel here. Now I’ll be getting all information through text reports. Extremely disappointed in the club for supporting this and not considering it’s fans living abroad.

"From the 2024/25 season onward, this new deal with Sky Sports will effectively replace the EFL’s domestic video streaming option provided via iFollow and club streaming services
Audio services will remain alongside existing audio-visual arrangements for international audiences."

NSRailings..I believe you and others are reading this incorrectly. Do you honestly think iFollow will want or be allowed to transmit live games? I think that statement means 'audio services' (not visual) will be available alongside the SKY arrangements for international audiences..because it will ONLY be Sky that will be transmitting? I hope I am wrong and you are correct but, alas, fear the worst and we probably won't find out until it happens.
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

eltorrro wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:22 am
NSRailings wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:12 am

NSRailings..I believe you and others are reading this incorrectly. Do you honestly think iFollow will want or be allowed to transmit live games? I think that statement means 'audio services' (not visual) will be available alongside the SKY arrangements for international audiences..because it will ONLY be Sky that will be transmitting? I hope I am wrong and you are correct but, alas, fear the worst and we probably won't find out until it happens.
That quote explicitly states audio-visual arrangements for international audiences.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 220 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

eltorrro[/quote wrote: :

[/quote]

We shall see, perhaps it will become clearer as the changeover approaches
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 100 times
Been liked: 147 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Milton End wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:22 am Seems to be some considerable confusion, doubt and lack of reliable information here.

Does anyone know someone at a senior level in the club who could be contacted to clarify the situation?
I recall someone knowing a certain Rosie who may be able to assist however she will need to be brided with treats before she will divulge the info.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 178 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:01 pm
Milton End wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 11:22 am Seems to be some considerable confusion, doubt and lack of reliable information here.

I recall someone knowing a certain Rosie who may be able to assist however she will need to be brided with treats before she will divulge the info.
Or just have a basic grasp of English.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

You’re on form this weekend mate. Hope you enjoy the bank holiday.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Messaged iFollow and received the following:

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.

We don't currently have any information to share about this, our recommendation for the time being is to check with your club directly or contact us back in a few weeks where we will be better suited to answer your question.

Please reach out if you require assistance with anything else.

I will do just that and report back with any updates
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Cheers eltorro. I know there are a few members on the board who are abroad or can’t make games and live in the UK. Will be interesting what you hear back.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix