Reeco-Hackett deal rumoured to be agreed with Lincoln

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Reeco-Hackett deal rumoured to be agreed with Lincoln

Post by Jack_Tinn »

It is being reported that Pompey have agreed a price with Lincoln to sell Reeco-Hackett to Lincoln.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... al-4180463

No mention of the fee - I wouldn't think it would be six figures - but still good to get a fee for the player and to free up a squad place and money in the wages/transfer kitty

All the best Reeco. Talented player I think but needs to improve his decision making, consistency and vision whilst on the ball. He needs games to improve and Pompey aren't going to be offering him regular first team football. Best for everyone that he goes to another team and works on his game there.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Reeco-Hackett deal rumoured to be agreed with Lincoln

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Wasn't he close to leaving on deadline day in January? He's 25 if he was going to 'make it' he would have by now.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 12:50 pm Wasn't he close to leaving on deadline day in January? He's 25 if he was going to 'make it' he would have by now.
Yes, Lincoln wanted to sign him in January but Pompey said no to the deal then. I suspect they said no because they couldn't afford to let another player in a wide area leave once Curtis was injured. It makes a lot of sense however now since he had a run in the first team and a chance to impress the new manager in the first parts of this year and Mousinho obviously decided he wasn't going to be someone he wanted to build his first team xi around.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I agree that Hackett is a very naturally talented player and given a run he could well prove to be a very good player. I wish him good luck and I hope it works out for him. I hope Lincoln see him as first team material rather than back up squad because that is how he has been seen here. Whichever way it still means he will be making a living as a professional footballer which is more than he was before he came to Pompey.
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Jack_Tinn »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65903230

deal complete. Sounds like we are happy with the money (undisclosed) we got for him.

I think it is a sign of confidence that Mousinho and Hughes were happy to let him go on day one of the transfer window.
Weybridge
Interim Manager
Been liked: 5 times

Post by Weybridge »

Blue Walter wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 3:01 pm I agree that Hackett is a very naturally talented player and given a run he could well prove to be a very good player. I wish him good luck and I hope it works out for him. I hope Lincoln see him as first team material rather than back up squad because that is how he has been seen here. Whichever way it still means he will be making a living as a professional footballer which is more than he was before he came to Pompey.
Exactly. Some players flourish because they move on, not because they stay. Potential is a great thing, but often it needs a different environment to mature.
"Look, we've all got something to contribute to this discussion. And I think what you should contribute from now on is silence."
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I always felt that he would do a really clever bit of skill to beat a player and immediately lose it to the next opponent
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man