Tino Anjorin of Chelsea

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Tino Anjorin of Chelsea

Post by Claygate »

The 21 year old attacking midfielder was seen at Pompey’s training ground on Friday. Could the England under 20 player be joining us on loan for the season? A cracking player at this level, but doesn’t have a great injury record.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Tino Anjorin of Chelsea

Post by Pompey55 »

Totally underwhelmed if this is our missing number 8 Fine if a squad filler
2 games at England under 20 level 1 goal
Serious metetarsal injury early in 2021
2021/2 loan at Huddersfield no starts 7 games of the bench 1 goal
2022/3 loan at Huddersfield 8 games 1 goal then out injured for the rest of the season with a bad ankle injury
No assists at all
Massive risk considering this history both at injury and performance levels

Moushino stated he admired Camara at Ipswich but not with his injury record how is this any different ?
Apart from Camara in my view being a better bet based on his 2021/2 performances with Plymouth
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

If he signs and if he stays fit he certainly won't be a squad filler given his quality. Two big ifs there I know.

There's a bit of a difference between paying a reasonable fee for someone with a questionable injury record and signing them on loan.

So yes it's a risk in terms of injury but the potential reward is really high - he could be one of the best players in League One. I'd be surprised if Chelsea didn't want him playing at a higher level to be honest.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Camera also would have been a loan
Please explain where this evidence of quality comes from apart from at Chelsea U18 and U21 level
His appearances at championship level were limited and pretty much unproductive
There is nothing in his statistics to suggest his quality we are relying upon opinion not facts
Did we not hear all this with both Azeez and Scarlett
Press reports seen to suggest that it's a make it break season this year to decide if he's sold or given a contract extension of this is the case I would guess we would have an obligation to play him consistently
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 8:57 am Camera also would have been a loan
Please explain where this evidence of quality comes from apart from at Chelsea U18 and U21 level
There is nothing in his statistics to suggest his quality we are relying upon opinion not facts
Press reports seen to suggest that it's a make it break season this year to decide if he's sold or given a contract extension of this is the case I would guess we would have an obligation to play him consistently
There is an indication of quality because he has come from higher up the pyramid - in the exact same way we send players out on loan to non-league clubs, they can be highly regarded and sent out on loan to aid their development. You can be highly regarded and sent out on loan it's not binary.

What do you expect to see in his stats that show he has quality? He did win a player of the month award at Huddersfield too.

Injuries happen in football - it is after all a contact sport. Wasn't one of his injuries a broken toe?

Who do you think we should be looking at for this position?
Betelgeuse
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 180 times
Been liked: 35 times

Post by Betelgeuse »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:06 am
There is an indication of quality because he has come from higher up the pyramid - in the exact same way we send players out on loan to non-league clubs, they can be highly regarded and sent out on loan to aid their development. You can be highly regarded and sent out on loan it's not binary.

What do you expect to see in his stats that show he has quality? He did win a player of the month award at Huddersfield too.

Injuries happen in football - it is after all a contact sport. Wasn't one of his injuries a broken toe?

Lewis Wing.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:34 am
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:06 am

Lewis Wing.
Joined Reading hasn't he?
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Obviously come to us due to his connection to John Harley l must admit I did expect more Chelsea youngsters in this transfer window due to his background. No doubt he would be excellent if injury free but a risk like Camara. So down to JM if it’s a risk worth taking?
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Coming from higher up the pyramid is always a sign of quality !They are higher up the pyramid because they showed promise at an early age and clubs like Chelsea Hoover up young players in the hope that the promise is achieved by a percentage of those players and they can maybe recoup some of the cost by selling those who don't. Again as per Azeez. and Scarlett not really showing that promise when here
Why when he was loaned to Locomotive was it a loan with an option to buy if he was so highly rated

So now if this happens we will be relying on 4 unproven gambles p!us Bishop for our attacking options in the centre of the team hardly something to inspire confidence in our improving our goal threat
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:51 am Obviously come to us due to his connection to John Harley l must admit I did expect more Chelsea youngsters in this transfer window due to his background. No doubt he would be excellent if injury free but a risk like Camara. So down to JM if it’s a risk worth taking?
So due to the Harley connection we should expect to be a nursery club for Chelsea
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:57 am
jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:51 am Obviously come to us due to his connection to John Harley l must admit I did expect more Chelsea youngsters in this transfer window due to his background. No doubt he would be excellent if injury free but a risk like Camara. So down to JM if it’s a risk worth taking?
So due to the Harley connection we should expect to be a nursery club for Chelsea
I didn’t say that but why not use that connection to our advantage? Here is a clip of what Tino can do when fit

Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

He's a BIG unit!!
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 10:09 am
I didn’t say that but why not use that connection to our advantage? Here is a clip of what Tino can do when fit

Nice goal but I seem recall almost indentical to 2 that Koroma scored last season for us and that work out well in the end
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 9:54 am Coming from higher up the pyramid is always a sign of quality !They are higher up the pyramid because they showed promise at an early age and clubs like Chelsea Hoover up young players in the hope that the promise is achieved by a percentage of those players and they can maybe recoup some of the cost by selling those who don't. Again as per Azeez. and Scarlett not really showing that promise when here
Why when he was loaned to Locomotive was it a loan with an option to buy if he was so highly rated

So now if this happens we will be relying on 4 unproven gambles p!us Bishop for our attacking options in the centre of the team hardly something to inspire confidence in our improving our goal threat
That's why I said an indication of quality - I'm also aware of how the premier League academies cast their net far and wide, but they still don't just sign dross, and keep hold of dross. Like all transfers some work out, some don't - Scarlett will still go on to be a very successful footballer I have no doubt about that.

You keep talking about unproven gambles, you include Saydee in that who has had a season and a half of league one football under his belt. He's not sone kid plucked from non league. We also have Whyte, Scully and Lane all proven at this level. The Aussie lad has played a fair amount of football all be it not in this country - the club have done their homework.

This squad has depth, and enough quality to make the play offs if they play to their potential.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Perhaps, just perhaps our recruitment team and processes identified him as a player of the correct profile we're after? Maybe Jon Harley did say, I know a lad.... Would you not expect them to do that?

People bleet on about managers not having enough contacts in the game (not that I think it's about the contents of your phone book) yet that's then some how twisted into a negative scenario.