Another £250k on the ground

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Another £250k on the ground

Post by Pompey55 »

By the end of September the back third of the Fratton End will have rail seats installed for safe seating once licenced costing £250k
Cullen says this will help with persistent standing in the Fratton End can’t see it myself as the other 2 thirds will mostly continue to stand including us I am afraid to say
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Another £250k on the ground

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:27 pm By the end of September the back third of the Fratton End will have rail seats installed for safe seating once licenced costing £250k
Cullen says this will help with persistent standing in the Fratton End can’t see it myself as the other 2 thirds will mostly continue to stand including us I am afraid to say
The reason it helps with persistent standing is because it keeps the capacity as is areas of the ground aren't closed due to resistant standing. It's been said about half a dozen times now that the rail seating in the Fratton end is starting at the back and likely to move forward.

Furthermore, to be able to sell (advertise) the seats in the Milton End as safe standing you have to have safe standing in a home end too.

What do you mean by it's not going to help?
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:12 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 1:27 pm By the end of September the back third of the Fratton End will have rail seats installed for safe seating once licenced costing £250k
The reason it helps with persistent standing is because it keeps the capacity as is areas of the ground aren't closed due to resistant standing. It's been said about half a dozen times now that the rail seating in the Fratton end is starting at the back and likely to move forward.

Furthermore, to be able to sell (advertise) the seats in the Milton End as safe standing you have to have safe standing in a home end too.

What do you mean by it's not going to help?

My understanding is that it's is perceived by Cullen that the persistent standing in the Fratton End is predominantly in the back third when it's is in fact pretty much the whole end and that installing rail seats in this area will resolve the problem he had said nothing at all regarding the whole end being changed
Yes it will help in that area and the Milton End which again had the issue of away fans mainly standing but it will not resolve the issue in the Fratton End and I understood there was not an intention to extend rail seating the the who!e end if that is the intention it will resolve the problem but if not then it will not
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

This standing issue is not exclusive to Fratton Park. Last season at several away matches there were problems I experienced with standing in seated areas. A general edict is required in the EFL
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pretty sure Andy Cullen has eyes and knows that it doesn't stop people standing. Also pretty sure that the club will be doing this satisfy the SAG - and probably doing the minimum required with minimal disruption to satisfy the requirements to get the licence and be able to sell the ME as safe standing.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:45 pm Pretty sure Andy Cullen has eyes and knows that it doesn't stop people standing. Also pretty sure that the club will be doing this satisfy the SAG - and probably doing the minimum required with minimal disruption to satisfy the requirements to get the licence and be able to sell the ME as safe standing.
I think that’s about spot on. Also I may be wrong g but I thought I recall hearing they had to do a trial before they could roll it out en masse and this is just the trial phase.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Rereading your post that might what you just said actually lol.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 9:45 pm Pretty sure Andy Cullen has eyes and knows that it doesn't stop people standing. Also pretty sure that the club will be doing this satisfy the SAG - and probably doing the minimum required with minimal disruption to satisfy the requirements to get the licence and be able to sell the ME as safe standing.
Time will tell if the whole end is changed to rail seats in the immediate future as you say they are doing the minimum possible to get a licence for the ME. I'm still sceptical as to that happening as the survey to garnish opinion from season ticket holders was only addressed to the back third although they accidentally sent it to everyone, surely if the intention is to convert the whole end you get a view from all.