Your Team for Forest Green?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Re: Your Team for Forest Green?

Post by New Forester »

Happy anyone?
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

FT 3-1 Pompey
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

New Forester wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:41 pm Happy anyone?
yes thanks, I'll take a 3-1 away win anytime they are being made available.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Some good performances from the new debutants
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

Great to get that feel good factor back get the feeling players like Sparkes are out to show that they are more than just stocking fillers
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Good win, good run out.
Milton End
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Post by Milton End »

According to the BBC Radio Solent commentators, there were some very encouraging performances tonight:

Yengi - obviously
Sparkes - worked well
Robertson - some good skills which were to be expected from a Man City player
Mottoh - only 16 but given a start after doing well last week with the Academy
Kamara - good assist
Scully - good assist
Swanson - a well-taken goal from a defender - whatever next!

And these are all new players recruited for the season with only two loans: surely says something about the search process?

But still early days....could all go pear-shaped....
Milton End is entering a new era with Tornante
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:29 pm Yengi has scored three goals in his first 90mins for Pompey. If he keeps going at this rate then Pompey55 might think he is half decent (jk) :-)

Nice start Yengi, impressive, keep doing what you are doing .....the win tonight probably earns the club enough money to cover your transfer fee alone!!
I felt he was an unknown quantity as there is not a lot in his background and past performances to judge him

He has done well since coming here but certainly he is if anything a raw talent who needs to learn and fully adapt to this level
I can’t see him starting in league matches unless Bishop is unavailable but certainly can be an impact player later in games until he really finds his feet
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:29 pm Yengi has scored three goals in his first 90mins for Pompey. If he keeps going at this rate then Pompey55 might think he is half decent (jk) :-)

Nice start Yengi, impressive, keep doing what you are doing .....the win tonight probably earns the club enough money to cover your transfer fee alone!!
I felt he was an unknown quantity as there is not a lot in his background and past performances to judge him

He has done well since coming here but certainly he is if anything a raw talent who needs to learn and fully adapt to this level
I can’t see him starting in league matches unless Bishop is unavailable but certainly can be an impact player later in games until he really finds his feet
pompeygunner
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 20 times

Post by pompeygunner »

I think given the context of what happened elsewhere (snigger) we did well. Sounded like we pretty much controlled the game. Delightful skill on show from Kamara & Swanson in particular. Lots of pacey players in the team last night.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

A good result with some good performances overall
I felt that midfield was an issue with very little winning of the second ball and mostly bypassed
Saydee I thought looks more like a midfield player than striker and he certainly puts himself about
Kamara and Yengi caused them problems all night as did Sparkes going forward however I do feel he needs to improve his defending and certainly we could not get away with him and Sully on the left together against better opponents
Ogilvie coming on gave Sparkes even more freedom to attack on the left which he does well

To be fair to Forest Green despite the result they played some nice one touch football which did cause us problems however Raggett did what he does well commanding the centre and winning most balls ok he’s not a cultured player but sometimes what you need on a wet night playing a team who seemed up for the game

Can anyone enlighten me what Bernard their number 3 and captain has done as throughout the second half he was subject to constant good natured Mickey taking from our fans which he took in a good natured manner

Anyway I really hope I never have to visit that god forsaken cowshed of a ground in the near future in particular not when it’s wet like last night
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

A good result with some good performances overall
Thanks for that 55 helps those of us who couldnt make it, in your opinion who do you think is knocking on the first team front door?
Would they be Raggett, Swanson and Robertson who did slide a suberb defence splitting pass to Colby, I agree re Sparkes the Exeter fans confirmed he is a poor defender but good going forwards? Apart from that the others are really under studies I guess??
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

As a starting line up based on the last 2 games I would keep Saydee in as Lowery is injured and as long as we have Ogilvie at left back I’d play Sparkes instead of Scully in a more advanced role
I would think Whyte would keep the right side but Kamara would be a good impact replacement against a tiring team same with Yengi as I can’t see him replacing Bishop as a starter for a while
If we did this then it’s likely to be 4-2-3-1
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by jam tomorrow »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:58 am As a starting line up based on the last 2 games I would keep Saydee in as Lowery is injured and as long as we have Ogilvie at left back I’d play Sparkes instead of Scully in a more advanced role
I would think Whyte would keep the right side but Kamara would be a good impact replacement against a tiring team same with Yengi as I can’t see him replacing Bishop as a starter for a while
Thanks very interesting glad Saydee is playing well so no Robertson unless formation changed?
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

jam tomorrow wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:06 am
Pompey55 wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 8:58 am As a starting line up based on the last 2 games I would keep Saydee in as Lowery is injured and as long as we have Ogilvie at left back I’d play Sparkes instead of Scully in a more advanced role

Thanks very interesting glad Saydee is playing well so no Robertson unless formation changed?
It’s just at present I think Saydee has done enough to justify his place in the centre of the 3 I think players would hate to face him in particular with his strength and closing down
Robertson did not do enough last night when he came on to change my view
He will need to get game time maybe as a sub to earn his place in the starting lineup just like any other player