Paul Cook Reunion

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Paul Cook Reunion

Post by Blue Walter »

We have got Chesterfield away in the FA Cup which is, of course, the team managed by Paul Cook. They are top of their league and, apparently, playing typical Paul Cook possession football. Should be a good game but I would have preferred a lower ranked team at home.
Vernon1944
Collins Mbesuma

Re: Paul Cook Reunion

Post by Vernon1944 »

Pompey will not win the FAcup so the sooner they are out of it the better and concentrate on the league
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Vernon1944 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:15 pm Pompey will not win the FAcup so the sooner they are out of it the better and concentrate on the league
So let me get this straight. You want us to lose? You see no benefits in a run to the 4th or 5th round [not saying that will happen but it could]? The chance of a tie against them down the road? A chance of a massive club in the third round. There are so many benefits of z good cup run, one being increased confidence.

I must admit, in case you haven't already guessed, I disagree with you.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

GreenBlue wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:24 pm
Vernon1944 wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 8:15 pm Pompey will not win the FAcup so the sooner they are out of it the better and concentrate on the league
So let me get this straight. You want us to lose? You see no benefits in a run to the 4th or 5th round [not saying that will happen but it could]? The chance of a tie against them down the road? A chance of a massive club in the third round. There are so many benefits of z good cup run, one being increased confidence.

I must admit, in case you haven't already guessed, I disagree with you.
You might be surprised to see it but I actually agree with you
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Firstly, are you a Pompey supporter? Or are you just proffering a veiw that you see extra games as a hindrance to the main goal of promotion?

I can understand the veiw that some people see extra games to the league programme as an added chance of injury, suspensions and even 'burn out' leading to loss of form. I personally disagree with that notion, but not entirely. I think a good cup run breeds confidence as well as income and an extra interest for supporters. However, I do agree that we won't win the cup but, even so, it does add excitement. Against weaker sides squad players will get a run out and, perhaps, show why they should starting in the league side.

There is a danger of injuries and suspensions that could affect the promotion bid but the FA Cup is an exciting competition to be in. So here's hoping lady luck is on our side and a cup run is a force for good.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Well what a first post Vernon1944, I too disagree with you!
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Live on ITV1 - 12:15 Sunday the 5th.
Super Matt Macey in goal...