Carlisle

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Carlisle

Post by jam tomorrow »

Team I’m going for Sparkes to stay at left back instead of Ogilvie due to his ability to deliver goal scoring chances with his crosses. Especially as Carlisle will park the bus.

Norris
Rafferty Poole Shaughnessy Sparkes
Morrell Robertson
Lane Tino Kamara
Bishop
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Carlisle

Post by Pompey55 »

Sorry even against Gillingham Anjorin showed skill but was still off the pace it has to be Saydee in that position with Anjorin brought on if and when they tire
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I think it will be a good game - Carlisle off the back of a good win at Bolton. Hoping the lack of parking the bus plays into our hands.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

I don't think that Saydee is equipped to play a midfield role. I think he is best used as a battering ram up front, or just off Bishop. So I would have Morrell & Robinson in midfield and going a bit more direct using Saydee's attributes. I don't think Anjorin is quite ready for League One football just yet. He shows flashes of brilliance during games but goes missing for long periods. In my opinion he is best used as an impact player at the moment. For the creative and chance making we would still have both Lane & Kamara in the team.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Blue Walter wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:19 pm I don't think that Saydee is equipped to play a midfield role. I think he is best used as a battering ram up front, or just off Bishop. So I would have Morrell & Robinson in midfield and going a bit more direct using Saydee's attributes. I don't think Anjorin is quite ready for League One football just yet. He shows flashes of brilliance during games but goes missing for long periods. In my opinion he is best used as an impact player at the moment. For the creative and chance making we would still have both Lane & Kamara in the team.
No one is saying Saydee in midfield the consensus is Morrell and Robertson as the midfield two in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Saydee behind Bishop or as was suggested Anjorin
I guessed you meant Robertson not Robinson
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:17 pm I think it will be a good game - Carlisle off the back of a good win at Bolton. Hoping the lack of parking the bus plays into our hands.
Actually they are off the back of 2 home defeats, 1-0 against Leyton Orient and 2-0 against Forest in the EFL Cup. Their win against Bolton was their first victory in seven games in all competitions. I don't know if they will park the bus but I think you are right it should be a good game as they have some good players for this level.
Last edited by Blue Walter on Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Pompey55 wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:26 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 7:19 pm I don't think that Saydee is equipped to play a midfield role. I think he is best used as a battering ram up front, or just off Bishop. So I would have Morrell & Robinson in midfield and going a bit more direct using Saydee's attributes. I don't think Anjorin is quite ready for League One football just yet. He shows flashes of brilliance during games but goes missing for long periods. In my opinion he is best used as an impact player at the moment. For the creative and chance making we would still have both Lane & Kamara in the team.
No one is saying Saydee in midfield the consensus is Morrell and Robertson as the midfield two in a 4-2-3-1 formation with Saydee behind Bishop or as was suggested Anjorin
I guessed you meant Robertson not Robinson

Sorry, and I do beg your pardon. I made the assumption that you were talking of Saydee playing in midfield. It seems that we agree on the subject and my assumption was incorrect. Yes, I did mean Robertson and not Robinson. It seems like I got it all wrong, apologies.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Saydee definitely in. I agree Sparkes should start, particularly as Ogilivie probably isn't match fit.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Carlisle bringing a few with them, should make for a good atmosphere
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

NSRailings wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:05 am Saydee definitely in. I agree Sparkes should start, particularly as Ogilivie probably isn't match fit.

I would agree with Sparkes playing in place of Ogilvie because of match fitness issues but I am concerned with him defensively, although against Port Vale I thought he playedwell defensively. Going forward Sparkes is probably better than Ogilvie, who is a bit hit and miss in the forward department at times, but defensively Ogilvie is more dependable. If Mousinho wants to rotate the squad he could use Sparkes at home where we are more offensive and Ogilvie for away games where we would expect to defend more.

I think the more difficult decision has to be in the right back position where he has to choose between Rafferty & Swanson. Rafferty is a class act at this level whereas Swanson is at a point in his career where he needs to be playing regularly to reach his, undoubted, potential. Swanson is far too good a player to be bench warming whereas Rafferty is just too good to put out to grass. I can see one of them moving on, perhaps in the summer, but my opinion is that Swanson is our future.
jam tomorrow
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 33 times

Post by jam tomorrow »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:39 am Carlisle bringing a few with them, should make for a good atmosphere
They believe they can win the game by getting off to a blistering start getting a goal and then sitting back on it. So I hope Pompey are on their toes from kick off and we dont concede an early goal as we have done in the past.
Laughter is the jam on the toast of life. It adds flavor, keeps it from being too dry, and makes it easier to swallow.
-- Diane Johnson
PompeyinAnjou
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by PompeyinAnjou »

Sparkes and Stevenson have done more than enough to retain their places. Dropping them is giving the wrong message to the squad.

Stevenson and Morrell worked a treat last time out. Sparkes merits a place with his assists record.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

I’d disagree regarding retaining Stevenson he has been no more than average in all the games he has played whilst Robertson has become more influential as the season has progressed and is a significant step above Stevenson in quality
Surely if given the choice between a better player returning from suspension and one who is adequate but of significantly less quality then it’s not a case of he should keep his position regardless
I didn’t see people suggesting that Morrell should not have played after his one game suspension Moushino was clear it was a no brainer when these circumstances arise
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Looking forward to it. First home game this season.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Rjk66 »

It’s time we had a three or four nil home win, today possibly??
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.