What are you fine gents doing for Christmas this year?

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

What are you fine gents doing for Christmas this year?

Post by Sam_Brown »

I think a quiet one for us this year. It’s our 10 year anniversary so we might go out for dinner on Christmas Day. Parents have a caravan so might spend Christmas Day and a bit of time up there in peace!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Re: What are you fine gents doing for Christmas this year?

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:13 pm I think a quiet one for us this year. It’s our 10 year anniversary so we might go out for dinner on Christmas Day. Parents have a caravan so might spend Christmas Day and a bit of time up there in peace!
Lucky you as usual it's all the family round ours on Christmas day for the day so that is 15 I am cooking for including younger grandkids this year ( not complaining as it's been the same ever since we got married just increased numbers)
Hoping then subject to getting to tickets relaxing at Bristol Rovers and Exeter afterwards
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

For the last 20 years or so we spent it at my grandparents but they both passed in recent years. It’s kinda partly the reason I made the topic to be honest. I was curious if anyone else ever went out on Xmas day instead of the usual stresses of Christmas Day and cooking etc. My wives parents always go away for Christmas and this year my brother has had a kid so he’s got a lot of his wives family over so thought we’d take the opportunity to see what it’s like to go out for the day.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
blue-two
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 2 times

Post by blue-two »

At my son and DILs for the first time. Married for 3 years, they just had their second child a few weeks back. . I am biased but they are are a wonderful and well matched couple. Hard working, respectful.
Far more so than me at his age, or perhaps even now ! Rarely drinks, never smoked but a beast at sports, as is my DIL. Couldnt be prouder of them. Both do marathons and other sports. But their first priority is to their young family. It's a joy to watch.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Nov 26, 2023 4:27 pm For the last 20 years or so we spent it at my grandparents but they both passed in recent years. It’s kinda partly the reason I made the topic to be honest. I was curious if anyone else ever went out on Xmas day instead of the usual stresses of Christmas Day and cooking etc. My wives parents always go away for Christmas and this year my brother has had a kid so he’s got a lot of his wives family over so thought we’d take the opportunity to see what it’s like to go out for the day.
I've spent Xmas in Lapland which was amazing, although very much a one off. I've spent Xmas at home, my parents, my other halves parents and at home on our own and with family at ours - all have their pros and cons.

I have friends who go out for a curry Xmas day and swear by it - have to say I'm not sure if it would be for me or not, but I think it's worth a go one year!