Season ticket waiting list

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Season ticket waiting list

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 7:25 am
Pompey55 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:02 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:15 pm Don't they only get something like 10% of the tickets?

P.S. Thanks for bringing the positivity down a few notches following monday, it was starting to become worrying.
I don’t think the 10% is a true reflection my reading of the minutes is that it is an average of demand numerically not a percentage
What do you mean an average of demand? Also, if these supporters are getting tickets all the time they would have enough points to get tickets irrespective.

Isn't the idea of the tickets to supporters groups so they can get some tickets for their local games or what not?

I agree that’s what this system is intended to do but if it was maybe centered on those supporter groups in the locality of the game rather than a blanket allocation then it would be perfectly acceptable however I believe for example the groups local to Portsmouth also receive this priority
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:15 pm Don't they only get something like 10% of the tickets?

P.S. Thanks for bringing the positivity down a few notches following monday, it was starting to become worrying.
I don’t think the 10% is a true reflection my reading of the minutes is that it is an average of demand numerically not a percentage

If you and your granddaughter don't get tickets it's very disappointing for you, but it's just as disappointing for me if I can't go to Lincoln with my dad, or Sam who can't get tickets for Northampton or anyone else who can't get tickets to games they want to go to.
Thats academic as we are over the top threshold and last season we just took it in the chin early in the season and built up points on games with larger allocations and pizza cup games which we go to not as some do buy tickets for the points
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

What do you mean an average of demand? Also, if these supporters are getting tickets all the time they would have enough points to get tickets irrespective.

Isn't the idea of the tickets to supporters groups so they can get some tickets for their local games or what not?

If you and your granddaughter don't get tickets it's very disappointing for you, but it's just as disappointing for me if I can't go to Lincoln with my dad, or Sam who can't get tickets for Northampton or anyone else who can't get tickets to games they want to go to.

I wanted Glastonbury tickets the last half dozen years having been loads of times before - I didn't get them after 40 minutes of pressing F5 at 9am on a Sunday morning. That's just the way it is.
Well said. I appreciate the disappointment of not being able to get tickets but this is nothing new to me this last few seasons. I've always struggled to get tickets over the years - more so when we were in the prem. ST holders have always had priority from my experience and this is the same as at most clubs. My grandad was a Leicester fan and it was the same for them back in the day when we used to go to filbert street. As a ST holder he always got first dibs on away matches and cup games.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix