Season ticket waiting list

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: Season ticket waiting list

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:10 pm Looks like Bristol tickets were still available at second threshold and Exeter thresholds have dropped back to 60 start so it might be working better than I thought
The threshold was only so high for Rovers because of the small number and anticipated demand I believe.

I think Cullen has explained how it it works somewhere before - might been on of his updates.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Still think the change from 1 point a game and nothing for season was fairer to those who are without season ticket but go to away games and the change was unnecessary and purely cosmetic as it worked fine last season
We only started to build points for away games last season and as the season progressed we moved up the thresholds now I think it’s very difficult for others to do so
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 3:35 pm Still think the change from 1 point a game and nothing for season was fairer to those who are without season ticket but go to away games and the change was unnecessary and purely cosmetic as it worked fine last season
We only started to build points for away games last season and as the season progressed we moved up the thresholds now I think it’s very difficult for others to do so
I don't disagree just remembered Cullen explaining it in one of his updates or the minutes or something.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Just seen that tickets for Orient and Stevenage home games are due to go on sale
What I fail to understand is why season ticket holders should get a first stab at the tickets so they can buy additional seats. Members that’s fine
This can limit the chance for occasional attendees especially with Orient being on 1 January when most people are on holiday
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:10 pm Just seen that tickets for Orient and Stevenage home games are due to go on sale
What I fail to understand is why season ticket holders should get a first stab at the tickets so they can buy additional seats. Members that’s fine
This can limit the chance for occasional attendees especially with Orient being on 1 January when most people are on holiday
I don't suppose you happen to know if season ticket holders can buy the extra ticket and assign them to someone in their network?
Selsey Bill
Interim Manager
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 69 times

Post by Selsey Bill »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:10 pm Just seen that tickets for Orient and Stevenage home games are due to go on sale
Evening all, I'm sure most of you realise that my sons and I have season tickets. On this subject, please let me know if ever I can be of help with regards to getting tickets. I've helped three people on this MB before, and quite happy to do so again if I can.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:57 pm
I don't suppose you happen to know if season ticket holders can buy the extra ticket and assign them to someone in their network?
No they can not as far as I can gather however your can just buy them in your name as no one would ever check the name on the ticket
For example I have used one grandsons season ticket account to buy a stupid cup ticket in his name so I can take another non season ticket holder grandson to the Wimbledon game
Obviously that way would not benefit anyone trying to get loyalty points
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

I admit I did buy tickets for my wife to go to the MK game last season and used my dads membership number / account. It was easier than having to set up a brand new account just for one game and it means more points on my dads account. I imagine a lot of people do this. Not just for points but for sheer convenience.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Selsey Fan
Gary O'Neil
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Selsey Fan »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:57 pm
Yes you can assign the ticket to someone else in your network, just bought my son's tickets for the two January games (he has a half season ticket from February) and the option was there to reassign the ticket to another person (I did not as it was simpler to buy in my name)

Ian
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

The Tony Goodall Fans Conference latest minutes discussed loyalty points etc
Basically the 2 year rule is ****** they have not implemented it so people with more than 2 years points however accumulated keep them
The away season ticket scheme will be ditched which was stupid anyway if you have a loyalty point system
However those with away season tickets will be guided to supporters groups so they can not only get priority via 3 years loyalty points but also through the groups
So it’s pretty much screwed everyone who does not have 2+ seasons loyalty points or are not members of a supporter group with regard to loyalty points
Then the majority voice at the forum are the supporter groups from what I can see so they will welcome the status quo
Never mind we are off to Shrewsbury Exeter and Cheltenham because our old loyalty point kept us at the top of the allocation levels and chose not to go to Bristol due to family commitments

If you want priority tickets spent a few quid and join any old supporter group is my advice
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Don't they only get something like 10% of the tickets?

P.S. Thanks for bringing the positivity down a few notches following monday, it was starting to become worrying.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

I just feel that the current system is weighted against those who neither have points going back up to 3 years and those who are not members of supporter groups are treated unfairly
As I have said it doesn’t affect us but if it’s wrong I feel it’s right to say so
That’s not deflecting from the success on the pitch or the current feel good factor that this represents
I also feel that the so called fans forum is dominated by those few who have their own agenda that does not necessarily reflect the views of the majority of supporters quite simply it’s not worth the time given to them if it doesn’t reflect the true issues
Reading posts on other forums the issue of away tickets is an issue with many who cannot attend all games or are not privileged to be a member of a supporter group
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:15 pm Don't they only get something like 10% of the tickets?

P.S. Thanks for bringing the positivity down a few notches following monday, it was starting to become worrying.
I don’t think the 10% is a true reflection my reading of the minutes is that it is an average of demand numerically not a percentage
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:00 pm I just feel that the current system is weighted against those who neither have points going back up to 3 years and those who are not members of supporter groups are treated unfairly
As I have said it doesn’t affect us but if it’s wrong I feel it’s right to say so
That’s not deflecting from the success on the pitch or the current feel good factor that this represents
I also feel that the so called fans forum is dominated by those few who have their own agenda that does not necessarily reflect the views of the majority of supporters quite simply it’s not worth the time given to them if it doesn’t reflect the true issues
Reading posts on other forums the issue of away tickets is an issue with many who cannot attend all games or are not privileged to be a member of a supporter group
How difficult is it to a join a supporters group? You talk about it being “privileged” to be part of one but in reality how much effort is it to join one?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 9:02 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2023 8:15 pm Don't they only get something like 10% of the tickets?

I don’t think the 10% is a true reflection my reading of the minutes is that it is an average of demand numerically not a percentage
What do you mean an average of demand? Also, if these supporters are getting tickets all the time they would have enough points to get tickets irrespective.

Isn't the idea of the tickets to supporters groups so they can get some tickets for their local games or what not?

If you and your granddaughter don't get tickets it's very disappointing for you, but it's just as disappointing for me if I can't go to Lincoln with my dad, or Sam who can't get tickets for Northampton or anyone else who can't get tickets to games they want to go to.

I wanted Glastonbury tickets the last half dozen years having been loads of times before - I didn't get them after 40 minutes of pressing F5 at 9am on a Sunday morning. That's just the way it is.