Swanson & Whyte

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Swanson & Whyte

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Out tomorrow. Swanson ankle injury - unknown.

Whyte family issue that kept him out at weekend - hope he's back at the weekend. I could be wrong but I seem to recall a family issue being mentioned previously about Whyte, hopefully nothing too bad - it's easy to forget professional footballers are humans beings.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Re: Swanson & Whyte

Post by Pompey55 »

I read elsewhere that his family are back Ireland not sure if it’s true but if it is explains his state of mind which none of us would wish on him or anyone else
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 128 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Whatever is going on in the life of Whyte at the moment is obviously affecting him greatly on a personal level. On the human side we can only wish him well, irrespective of whats happening on the football pitch. This on going situation would appear to be affecting his football career and could explain his disappointing start at Portsmouth. I hope, for his sake, whatever the problem is that it can be resolved for himself and his family. Obviously on the football side, for our club, his off field problems can be solved so we can see Gavin Whyte the footballer performing like we hoped he would and Gavin Whyte the human being happy.

I remember people saying that your personal life should not interfere with your work. Those people saying that, I can only assume, had never had personal tragedies or acute problems away from the workplace. I know myself only too well how one can be so consumed with personal problems how it can affect your whole being. So much so that I just walked away from my work because I just couldn't stomach it. Luckily for me my employers were very supportive and helped me in every way they could, which appears to be what Pompey are doing for Whyte.
StMonkton
Gary O'Neil
Been liked: 32 times

Post by StMonkton »

Good post BW.

👍