Leyton Orient

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Re: Leyton Orient

Post by eltorrro »

pompeymike23 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:24 pm ...even when we were winning games we weren't excelling per se, we didn't look like a class above our rivals. It was always going to be the case that we'd either find the next gear or be found out, looks like the latter so far
Absolutely agree with that statement. I've thought for some time we've been riding our luck and that our league position was false (albeit a happy position!). I have gone on record and said we will not get promotion with this team and today's debacle has reinforced my view. Owners need to buy some quality NOW, not loans or futures but quality that will get results. To my mind it's now or never! :(
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

pompeymike23 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:24 pm The loss of Robertson has to be seen as an opportunity. An opportunity to take an honest look at what we have, what we need and then for Rich and co to get some talent in.
That might require more money than the owners are prepared to spend. It looks like we need some decent players with experience and that will cost. I'm all for running a successful business as self funding - but is that possible in football?
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Rjk66
Alan Biley
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 18 times

Post by Rjk66 »

You people should stop dreaming about promotion, play offs is our best bet and even that’s not assured. Season is going downhill fast.
Mark Hateley and Alan Biley made my favourite season.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I'm not sure there is anything too sinister wrong, I just think it's the case of a good number of our players being jaded due to having to play the vast majority of most of our games due to injuries.

Scully was out for most of the season so Lane and Kamara have had to play most of most games.

Robertson has to play almost every minute of every game as one or two or Morrell, Pack or Lowery has been out of action (I'm not sure why Stevenson hasn't featured more).

Rafferty is the only right back.

Sparkes has been pretty much the only left back since September.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:07 pm I'm not sure there is anything too sinister wrong, I just think it's the case of a good number of our players being jaded due to having to play the vast majority of most of our games due to injuries.

Scully was out for most of the season so Lane and Kamara have had to play most of most games.

Robertson has to play almost every minute of every game as one or two or Morrell, Pack or Lowery has been out of action (I'm not sure why Stevenson hasn't featured more).

ffs what would take you to criticize this team and management today attacking the Fratton End there was not a single shot neither on target or off
Defence was appalling midfield non existent and playing a single striker who is out of form isn’t working
We are suffering from the obvious lack of signing a second decent striker to support Bishop
Sparkes as we all said can’t defend as witnessed by their first goal and as far as I can see our planned recruitment isn’t going to address these issues plus yet again Norris was rubbish with his distribution
So as I said from the beginning of the season
playoffs are the best we can hope for
But I guess not attending games makes it easy to make a uninformed assessment
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

The other thing today was that Kamara was nullified, Orient had worked us out. I would have tried Scully for the last quarter
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:23 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:07 pm I'm not sure there is anything too sinister wrong, I just think it's the case of a good number of our players being jaded due to having to play the vast majority of most of our games due to injuries.

ffs what would take you to criticize this team and management today attacking the Fratton End there was not a single shot neither on target or off
Defence was appalling midfield non existent and playing a single striker who is out of form isn’t working
We are suffering from the obvious lack of signing a second decent striker to support Bishop
Sparkes as we all said can’t defend as witnessed by their first goal and as far as I can see our planned recruitment isn’t going to address these issues plus yet again Norris was rubbish with his distribution
****** off. ****.

Offering reasons for the poor performance doesn't excuse the performance - I'm aware how bad it was. Equally not everything has to be someone's fault or a reason.

I'd go to every game if I could but I can't - going to every game doesn't give you an excuse to be a Grade A: ****.

Saydee played well though? You genius.
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

I'd suggest that what happens in the next two weeks or so will answer any lingering questions as to how keen the owners are to deliver promotion.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:29 pm

**** off. ****.

Offering reasons for the poor performance doesn't excuse the performance - I'm aware how bad it was. Equally not everything has to be someone's fault or a reason.

I'd go to every game if I could but I can't - going to every game doesn't give you an excuse to be a Grade A: ****.

Saydee did not play well
My point was how is it possible to make a judgment on a game if you haven’t seen it
And why do certain people accept everything that comes out of the club as the don’t necessarily know what they are doing
And obviously your abusive response pretty much somes up that attitude
If this is your level of debate then I’ll not bother engaging with you further
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:29 pm **** off. ****.
When you're reduced to insults on a forum it's time for a break to get some perspective.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

I'm still trying to figure out what the blanked out words are!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:42 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:29 pm

**** off. ****.

Saydee did not play well
My point was how is it possible to make a judgment on a game if you haven’t seen it
And why do certain people accept everything that comes out of the club as the don’t necessarily know what they are doing
And obviously your abusive response pretty much somes up that attitude
If this is your level of debate then I’ll not bother engaging with you further
Thank god for that - it's never debate with you anyway.

Your reply to my original post is the reason for my language - it is not the first time you give it the big I am because you go to games and it makes you a super fan! Good for you.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

pompeymike23 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 5:24 pm Absolutely shocking performance today no doubt about it. To be honest I've feared this for some time, even when we were winning games we weren't excelling per se, we didn't look like a class above our rivals. It was always going to be the case that we'd either find the next gear or be found out, looks like the latter so
That is very true, but we were playing for a full 90 minutes and didn't give up.

That has started to slip in the last few weeks - I think we need to freshen it up a bit but we don't need to throw the baby out with the bath water.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

So who did play well?

Norris 6 Not really to blame for any of the goals but distribution poor again
Rafferty 6 Did what was needed and no more
Raggett 8 Didn’t do anything wrong but a lot right MoM
Shaughnessey 7 Coped but expect more both in defence and set pieces
Sparkes 5 Poor, poor defending..some good play with Lane
Pack 5 Average, not the usual good distribution or passing
Morrell 6 Was always available and took up good midfield positions but somehow quite ineffective today
Kamara 3 Awful game, game the impression he didn’t want to be there. Left foot only so defenders know his next move. Tried kicking the ball twice with his right foot and a 3yo could have done better.
Saydee 4 Just didn’t get into the game. He is obviously not match fit and was expected to be subbed at ht for Lowery but he was just not on it today
Lane 7 He tried hard and sent in some good crosses but we just didn’t have the personnel in the box to use them
Bishop 4 His missed penalty summed him up. Not the player he was last season. He runs well and tries but it just isn’t happening. He would benefit from having a strike partner or at least a decent 10 that could feed him
Devlin 5 Came on late but didn’t make that much difference to the team’s performance
Lowery 7 Came on with Devlin and immediately made a difference. Started to make the team tick and created openings which were spurned. His presence was nullified well by lack of team mates skills and Orient’s Prateley
Martin 4 Nondescript…came on as sub but for all he did might as well have stayed seated.

Of those that played today the only ones worth keeping for this season are:
Norris
Rafferty
Raggett
Shaughnessy
Pack
Morrell
Lane
Devlin
Lowery

So I think the owners need to spend some money if they want promotion this time around!! Maybe if they just bought 3 good, experienced players they could turn it around but it won’t happen with what we have I fear.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

Funny how different people see the same game differently
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man