Blackpool

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Blackpool

Post by NSRailings »

Revenge please!

I can't see MPH starting and expect/hope Moxon will return. I guess that'll be the only change. Saydee will be buzzing to get on so if we are struggling then he could be key again.

Blackpool had decent results against Peterborough and Bolton so we're going to have to be switched on from the start. Would love another early goal to open the game up but 1-0 us would be fine.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
meakinsl
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 6 times

Re: Blackpool

Post by meakinsl »

This one has banana skin written all over it, come away with 3 points and can start to dream, going to be a tough game
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I'd settle for a point if it was offered to me now.

Obviously hoping for all three, and we are more than capable of getting them - but we do have points on the baked so can afford some draws.
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

I would be happy enough with a point, but three points would be a really good result.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

meakinsl wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 7:39 am This one has banana skin written all over it, come away with 3 points and can start to dream, going to be a tough game
Not sure this is a banana skin game to be fair, Blackpool are a decent side, 8th in the league with several of L1 best performers in their side.

I’ll gladly take a point, keep the unbeaten record going and move onto Burton
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

My target for Pompey for the next three games (@Blackpool, Burton, @Peterborough) is for Pompey to get 4pts.

If they can do that - given that they have a six point lead on 2nd and 7pts on 3rd - then they will go into the last seven games (four home, three away) still top and in the promotion places.

I don't care how they get those four points - and more than four would of course be very welcome! - but just get those four points to stay ahead of the curve and on track for promotion.

I'd take therefore a draw at Blackpool right now. Hoping for more but a draw at Blackpool and a win vs Burton would be just great.
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Norris, Rafferty, Shaughnessy, Raggett, Sparkes, Peart-Harris, Pack (c), Kamara, Lang, Lane, Bishop

Subs: Macey, Towler, Swanson, Moxon, Martin, Saydee, Yengi

Ogilvie has a knock. Am surprised MPH is starting - fingers crossed he does better than last week.
Claygate
Alan Knight
Been liked: 8 times

Post by Claygate »

NSRailings wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:02 pm Norris, Rafferty, Shaughnessy, Raggett, Sparkes, Peart-Harris, Pack (c), Kamara, Lang, Lane, Bishop

Subs: Macey, Towler, Swanson, Moxon, Martin, Saydee, Yengi

Ogilvie has a knock. Am surprised MPH is starting - fingers crossed he does better than last week.
Oh no. Sparkes in at LB?! We are not going to win today. He was skinned alive over and over again by Blackpools right winger when we played them at home a few months ago.
Mickemo
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 42 times
Been liked: 26 times

Post by Mickemo »

Let’s see if JM has his tactics right today, IMHO he hasn’t as MPH doesn’t have enough defensive awareness, grit and energy. He decent enough going forward as we know.

Looks like it could be a very tough 90 mins, hoping of course I am wrong and we manage to grab a point.
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Mickemo wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:18 pm Let’s see if JM has his tactics right today, IMHO he hasn’t as MPH doesn’t have enough defensive awareness, grit and energy. He decent enough going forward as we know.

Looks like it could be a very tough 90 mins, hoping of course I am wrong and we manage to grab a point.
Hopefully Sparkes has his crossing boots on. MPH needs to step up - if he doesn't then Mous needs to change things sooner rather than later.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Oh well losing today, worst left back in the league playing, and of course all those games he played when we won and go to the top of the league were despite him, and raggett of course being part of the best Defence in the league,. Oh well we will still be top when we get hammered because we have been extremely lucky and other teams haven't won other games
PompeyinAnjou
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by PompeyinAnjou »

MPH in midfield means that we may get overrun, given they play 3-5-2. They are strong down the flanks too. With Oglivie injured this looks like a mistake. We'll likely be 0-2 down before he brings Moxon on, and we get back into the game.

Martin, wtf , is this his cousin or nephew?

I hope that I'm completely wrong.

BLUE ARMY!
Berkshire Blue
Billy The Boot Boy
Been liked: 12 times

Post by Berkshire Blue »

Rhodes sent off - 0 - 0 halftime
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:53 pm Rhodes sent off - 0 - 0 halftime
MPH playing better this week :thumb We can win this.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I have to say I was worried when it was announced that Rhodes was playing, because at this level he scores goals and narrowly missed earlier on in the match. I am pleased he cannot continue.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man