Blackpool

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Blackpool

Post by NSRailings »

MPH off and Moxon on. More attacking thinking.
Super Matt Macey in goal...
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Barnsley and Bolton both losing. Derby currently drawing. 3 points would be massive today.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Eh. Derby now 2-0 up. Should have kept my mouth shut 🙊.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Barnsley lost 1-5 at home to Lincoln. Bolton held 2-2 at Exeter

Derby and Peterborough win

Pompey's lead at the top is down to 5pts and the lead for top 2 and promotion is 6pts

Pompey have 9 games remaining now - on to the Home game vs Burton
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:04 pm Barnsley lost 1-5 at home to Lincoln. Bolton held 2-2 at Exeter

Pompey's lead at the top is down to 5pts and the lead for top 2 and promotion is 6pts

Good news is that we are still 5 points clear despite drawing. Barnsley losing is great news as they still have a game in hand. No matter what happens to their game in hand we are staying five points clear at the top for the time being and six points from the playoffs.

I know it’s just fantasy football but next weeks game between Bolton and Derby is huge for both teams. A draw there would be a fantastic result.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

Jack_Tinn wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:04 pm Pompey have 9 games remaining now - on to the Home game vs Burton
It's 8 games really.

We should've won today - Mousinho and the team would say the same. But it was a pretty good performance and we keep getting stronger :thumb
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:07 pm
....next weeks game between Bolton and Derby is huge for both teams. A draw there would be a fantastic result.
I suggest Tuesday nights games are pretty scary for the chasing pack. Banana skins galore!! :thumb
Jack_Tinn
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 56 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by Jack_Tinn »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:07 pm
Jack_Tinn wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:04 pm Barnsley lost 1-5 at home to Lincoln. Bolton held 2-2 at Exeter

Good news is that we are still 5 points clear despite drawing. Barnsley losing is great news as they still have a game in hand. No matter what happens to their game in hand we are staying five points clear at the top for the time being and six points from the playoffs.

I know it’s just fantasy football but next weeks game between Bolton and Derby is huge for both teams. A draw there would be a fantastic result.
Barnsley's game in hand is in April and it is Stevenage away..... not an easy game as Stevenage will be looking for pts to stay in the playoffs
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

5 Points ahead of second, another clean sheet, (the eleventh), best away record , undefeated run continues. Still top of the League with 9 games left
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

NSRailings wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:55 pm
Berkshire Blue wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:53 pm Rhodes sent off - 0 - 0 halftime
MPH playing better this week :thumb We can win this.
So much better that he got hooked at half time
He can not play the defensive midfield role we looked so much better with Moxon on
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 221 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

It was a different match second half. How four Pompey Players got booked and apart from the red card just one Blackpool Player. If MPH had still been on the pitch he would have got a second yellow. The referee was going to try and balance his decisions. Why he didn`t send off the Guy who clattered Lang, I do not know.
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:25 am It was a different match second half. How four Pompey Players got booked and apart from the red card just one Blackpool Player. If MPH had still been on the pitch he would have got a second yellow. The referee was going to try and balance his decisions. Why he didn`t send off the Guy who clattered Lang, I do not know.
Many of us at the game we saying exactly the same we all expected him to even things out by sending one of ours off as I suspect he realised it was quite a harsh decision to send their player off
To be honest had I been offered a point before the game I would have taken it plus apart from Derby the others never really closed the gap in particular Barnsley losing by so much is may be worth 4 points to us due to the damage to their goal difference
NSRailings
Alan Knight

Post by NSRailings »

BlueinPLtwenty wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 8:25 am It was a different match second half. How four Pompey Players got booked and apart from the red card just one Blackpool Player. If MPH had still been on the pitch he would have got a second yellow. The referee was going to try and balance his decisions. Why he didn`t send off the Guy who clattered Lang, I do not know.
Mous says that's why they took MPH off. We're still better with Moxon and thankfully the threshold for his 9 yellows now goes up to 15 before a suspension.
PompeyinAnjou
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by PompeyinAnjou »

I haven't seen more than highlights but why is MPH getting picked ahead of Moxon? I hope we have signed any agreement about minutes/games played. He seems too inexperienced to be too involved in a promotion chase finish.

If we do get promoted, with the squad decimated by injuries, it will, I think, be up there with our very best seasons in 60+ years of supporting Pompey.
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

PompeyinAnjou wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:55 am I haven't seen more than highlights but why is MPH getting picked ahead of Moxon? I hope we have signed any agreement about minutes/games played. He seems too inexperienced to be too involved in a promotion chase finish.
I agree with this thought, I don't think he is right for the job yet and needs more sub appearances at the right time. I also wonder why Mous is not giving Yengi more minutes/chances because Bishop is just not firing on all cylinders at the moment and whenever Yengi does make an appearance we seem to be much more fluid in attack. Bishop is beginning to look like Marquis at the end of his days with us..runs around like a headless chicken but not often very effective