Peterborough

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Re: Peterborough

Post by NSRailings »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:32 pm BFTG (short trip from Northampton).

**** knows how we won that! A moment of magic from Yengi the difference maker. We’d have lost this game this time last season. Crowd was amazing. Best I’ve heard us in a long time

Just seen the stats. 16 shots with 4 on target for us vs 15 shots and 1 on target for Posh. Really didn’t feel that close. I felt like Posh had the better chances and more clinical finishing would have easily seen us 2 or 3 down by half time.

Much better in the second half. Felt we were exposed on the wings a few times and allowing Posh players to get a little too comfortable near our box but ultimately not playing well and still winning is a trait any championship winning team needs and think we saw that today.
Brilliant. How do we keep winning these games. 8) No complaints as the top clubs in every league do the same. I guess it's down to squad depth :thumb

Just watched The News post match interview with Mousinho. Right at the end "f**king massive win" :lol:
Super Matt Macey in goal...
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Where do you live Sam?
I used to live in Yardley Gobion then MK
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:35 pm You have met me.before so know my voice. I can only describe it as a remix of being being kicked in the balls, a small dog being ran over by a steam roller and a man that spent too long ooop north saying get the **** in while fist pumping up a pedestrian arcade like I was Klopp at the Kop.
As you know, mate, I've had my reservations about the good ship Tornante (and still do), but even I'm beginning to believe they may have done enough this season to get promotion (whether or not they really want it). Today felt like a really big result, and I sincerely hope, for all you who are far more committed than I am these days, that they prove me wrong 👍🏻
PeteM
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 41 times

Post by PeteM »

Huge win. Hard to overstate how big a day that could be for us. Still a long way to go and some tough games, but we've put ourselves in an unbelievable position now. I'd have taken a point before the game but this group of players and staff have dealt with the pressure impeccably so far.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

eltorrro wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:28 pm
Where do you live Sam?
Hey eltorro. Hope you are well. Ecton at the moment in our first house and before that Moulton renting. Probably looking to move again in the next few years. House prices are ridiculous in Northampton. Probably due to the commuter links (M1 / Train Lines). Might be looking at moving to Wellingborough / Kettering as you can get similar sized houses for 15%/20% cheaper although you do then have to live in Wellingborough / Kettering lol.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

No Shot Sherlock wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:51 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 7:35 pm You have met me.before so know my voice. I can only describe it as a remix of being being kicked in the balls, a small dog being ran over by a steam roller and a man that spent too long ooop north saying get the **** in while fist pumping up a pedestrian arcade like I was Klopp at the Kop.
As you know, mate, I've had my reservations about the good ship Tornante (and still do), but even I'm beginning to believe they may have done enough this season to get promotion (whether or not they really want it). Today felt like a really big result, and I sincerely hope, for all you who are far more committed than I am these days, that they prove me wrong 👍🏻
I’d like to think the movement in the transfer window in January and even the Evan’s signing out of the window should put to rest the idea they don’t want us promoted lol.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I'm that confident in Tornante... I will give £50 to S4R on promotion and £100 when we stay up next season.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

NSRailings wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:23 pm

**** knows how we won that! A moment of magic from Yengi the difference maker. We’d have lost this game this time last season. Crowd was amazing. Best I’ve heard us in a long time

Just seen the stats. 16 shots with 4 on target for us vs 15 shots and 1 on target for Posh. Really didn’t feel that close. I felt like Posh had the better chances and more clinical finishing would have easily seen us 2 or 3 down by half time.

Much better in the second half. Felt we were exposed on the wings a few times and allowing Posh players to get a little too comfortable near our box but ultimately not playing well and still winning is a trait any championship winning team needs and think we saw that today.
Brilliant. How do we keep winning these games. 8) No complaints as the top clubs in every league do the same. I guess it's down to squad depth :thumb

Just watched The News post match interview with Mousinho. Right at the end "f**king massive win" :lol:
Do you have a link to the video?!
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:58 pm
eltorrro wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:28 pm
Where do you live Sam?
....although you do then have to live in Wellingborough / Kettering lol.
Ha, ha! I know what you mean!!
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman

Post by Sam_Brown »

One thing I see on the Posh forums is moaning about how physical we were today. When we lost at London Road last season we got bullied all over the pitch. I’m not going to lose sleep over having a more physical team and I do think that has made a difference this season.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times

Post by Pompey55 »

You are obviously taking on my job of being a glass half empty person happy to pass the baton
From where we were behind the goal the stats are right it seemed that of the 2 teams we were the one who wanted it more and that paid dividends
Possibly the best away atmosphere this season even better than Derby which was great in a different context
Peterborough really are a small town club punching above their weight and every credit to their management for letting us have a third of the stadium maybe that decision played out against them as it was almost like a home game for us
No Shot Sherlock
Sir Conan Doyle
Sir Conan Doyle
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 13 times

Post by No Shot Sherlock »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:03 pm
I'm that confident in Tornante... I will give £50 to S4R on promotion and £100 when we stay up next season.
Very generous, mate, and the charity will greatly appreciate every penny. For the record, I retired in 2019 (as Mrs NSS was medically retired the previous year), but still speak regularly to my successor and help out as and when I can.
pompeymike23
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 7 times

Post by pompeymike23 »

My first child, Edward, was born on 15th Feb, unbeaten since then. He suffers badly from colic and reflux but he's got character and still raises a smile. Twice now I've put the football on tv with man city playing and both times he's screamed the place down, show him a pompey game and he's happy as larry, god bless his soul and PUP
The Cincinnati Kid
Guy Whittingham
Been liked: 17 times

Post by The Cincinnati Kid »

Div III. Call it what it is.
NSRailings
Alan Knight
Has liked: 74 times
Been liked: 64 times

Post by NSRailings »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:18 pm
NSRailings wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2024 8:23 pm

Do you have a link to the video?!
Obviously it was on the News site :lol: It's been replaced now anyway.
Super Matt Macey in goal...