New England Kit

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Re: New England Kit

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:24 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:57 pm
eltorrro wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:36 pm
Pompey1984+1 wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:46 pm
.....that is after all why people blame immigrants isn't it?
Actually, no!! and you are attempting to misinterpret what others have said; namely it is not immigrants per se only those economic migrants that arrive with absolutely nothing having heard on the grape vine that once in the UK they are given free accommodation, benefits and spending money!

If you can't appreciate how that situation riles a very large percentage of the population it is obviously impossible to sensibly conduct a conversation with you.
The situation you have outlined isn't true though. Do you get so riled by other fairy tales?

Immigrants are net contributions to the economy, and are less likely to claim benefits.
So you believe in fairy tales then. Many undoubtedly do but those that hope across the Channel or arrive here illegally are a drain on the economy.

Personally I believe that as a nation we should provide refuge to those in need and who are, or who at risk of persecution in their own country. In 2022 75% of initial decisions were approved for asylum or other protection. An asylum seeker lives off around £7 per day. £7.

There are over 1000 people in the medical profession who arrived as refugees or asylum seekers - real drain on the economy that one.

As a nation we have done it before, and I hope we continue to do it again. To me that is a British value, and it's something we should be proud of.

Which is ironic, as it's what so many people who are so proud of their country get so het up about.

Am I saying everyone landing on these shores is an angel or her for the right reason, no. I'd like to think that if I or our nation had a time of need that we would be welcomed to other parts of the world.

Ultimately, the only thing separating us from them is the lottery of life and the vagina, we just happend to enter this world from.

All my lads mates are desperate for the new England shirt too - probably all woke snowflakes.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

So much for taking back control of our borders after Brexit. Wonder how many passionate Brexiteers now see the lie for what it is. We always had more powers to control our borders than we used. Now so even more and yet numbers are at a record high.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 137 times
Been liked: 127 times

Post by Blue Walter »

Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:17 pm So much for taking back control of our borders after Brexit. Wonder how many passionate Brexiteers now see the lie for what it is. We always had more powers to control our borders than we used. Now so even more and yet numbers are at a record high.
Both sides lied, which we knew at the time.
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Blue Walter wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:24 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:17 pm So much for taking back control of our borders after Brexit. Wonder how many passionate Brexiteers now see the lie for what it is. We always had more powers to control our borders than we used. Now so even more and yet numbers are at a record high.
Both sides lied, which we knew at the time.
It’s easy to say that now lol.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 385 times
Been liked: 61 times

Post by GreenBlue »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:18 pm Personally I hope England, I won't say 'we' as some might find that offensive, win and win well.
I will always say 'we' when referring to Pompey, England, the Uk, Europe or the World.

I hope it is kind of tongue in cheek when you say that some may be offended if you refer to your own country as we.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

Blue Walter wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:28 pm The good news for you is I wouldn't think I was actually back.
I hope I am not alone in saying that I hope you are back for good. Even though when you disagree with me you are always wrong. 😉
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

Betelgeuse wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:17 pm Imho the woke and diverse are ruining this country....that is just my opinion though.

I think the FA are ****** shocking btw, they must have known this would kick up a storm. Virtue signalling A holes the lot of them. Have they dropped the "taking the knee" BS yet? I missed the beginning of the embarrassment last night.
Of course you do...
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

itsaintfunny wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:55 pm Spot on 55. :thumb
You are a minority on this site... hopefully. 🤣
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

Oh, and Play Up Pompey. Top of the league. Etc.
itsaintfunny
Mick Channon
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 28 times

Post by itsaintfunny »

Just make me a foe and you won't see my messages, its not difficult.
GreenBlue
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by GreenBlue »

itsaintfunny wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:16 pm Just make me a foe and you won't see my messages, its not difficult.
Never, you are more likely to be added to my friends list
eltorrro
Interim Manager
Has liked: 71 times
Been liked: 66 times

Post by eltorrro »

GreenBlue wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:43 pm
itsaintfunny wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:16 pm Just make me a foe and you won't see my messages, its not difficult.
Never, you are more likely to be added to my friends list
I'm in tears here!! Get a room you two!! :smt007
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

GreenBlue wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:27 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:28 pm The good news for you is I wouldn't think I was actually back.
I hope I am not alone in saying that I hope you are back for good. Even though when you disagree with me you are always wrong. 😉
Thank you Green, I do appreciate your kind words. It is heartening to know that we can disagree, polarised often, but the civility remains.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

GreenBlue wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:22 pm
Blue Walter wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:18 pm Personally I hope England, I won't say 'we' as some might find that offensive, win and win well.
I will always say 'we' when referring to Pompey, England, the Uk, Europe or the World.

I hope it is kind of tongue in cheek when you say that some may be offended if you refer to your own country as we.
Well not really. The view that calling the other team a foreign team seems to upset some people. As I see it we were playing Brazil which is another nation, it was billed as an international match, so referring to my team as England might be offensive.
Blue Walter
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Blue Walter »

Personally, the fact that you can come on this site as a supporter of our biggest rival is testament to show just how civilised football fans can be. I think that it is credit to yourself and members of this board that you do. Scummer.