New England Kit

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 151 times

New England Kit

Post by Pompey55 »

Is it not ridiculous to change the colour of the cross on the new kit to multi coloured
I am not any sort of nationalist far from it politically but you can't change history or tradition can you?
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 9 times
Been liked: 52 times

Re: New England Kit

Post by Portchesterblue2 »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:47 am Is it not ridiculous to change the colour of the cross on the new kit to multi coloured
I am not any sort of nationalist far from it politically but you can't change history or tradition can you?
completely agree, pointless thing to do. As someone on the tv pointed out this morning, there is no way NIKE would do the same to the stars and stripes, so why do it to someone elses flag??
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

The colours are the colours of the home and the away kit aren't they? Applied to a cross on the back of the neck - I didn't even know it was there till the uproar - you wear the three lions when laying for England not the cross of St George.
Charente
Paul Merson
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 9 times

Post by Charente »

Still, a bargain at 125 quid!
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:53 am
Pompey55 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 9:47 am Is it not ridiculous to change the colour of the cross on the new kit to multi coloured
completely agree, pointless thing to do. As someone on the tv pointed out this morning, there is no way NIKE would do the same to the stars and stripes, so why do it to someone elses flag??
64529629-0-image-a-30_1668438229299.jpg
Yeah, no way they'd ever do that!

So it has a colourful cross on the neck. Who cares? All designs would have been vetted by the FA and they deem it OK. In fact, they very well may have requested it.
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Pompey55 »

Charente wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:05 am Still, a bargain at 125 quid!
You can get "stadium" version for 85 no idea what that is can anyone enlightened me
New Forester
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 29 times
Been liked: 56 times

Post by New Forester »

IMG_2089.jpeg

In case like me, you hadn’t seen it.
Avatar: Harry 'Brusher' Mills (19 March 1840 – 1 July 1905) was a hermit, resident in the New Forest in Hampshire, England, who made his living as a snake-catcher. He became a local celebrity and an attraction for visitors to the New Forest.No relation as far as I know :thumb
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:02 am
Charente wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:05 am Still, a bargain at 125 quid!
You can get "stadium" version for 85 no idea what that is can anyone enlightened me
Stadium version is the normal replica kit. The more expensive one is the 'proper' version.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

phat_chris wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:39 am

So it has a colourful cross on the neck. Who cares? All designs would have been vetted by the FA and they deem it OK. In fact, they very well may have requested it.
i don't care what colour the kit is Chris, what I don't understand is why change the colours of the English flag? Its the flag of England not a kit, if you are ok with the flag being different colours lets change the actual flag ?
the reason is unbelievable, so its more inclusive and not nationalistic ?? what's more nationalistic that the countries football team shirt ?? do we take the 3 lions off so the front isn't nationalistic too?
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

thats not the flag though is it? would they do that on the actual flag?
Sawbo Blue
Robbie Pethick
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Sawbo Blue »

Not bothered by the cross design. I remember the 2012 Team GB Olympics kit designed by Stella McCartney had the union jack in different shades of blue and grey, thought that looked quite good. It's the outrageous price of the shirt (just a bit of polyester) that's the real story here!
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Portchesterblue2 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:41 am

i don't care what colour the kit is Chris, what I don't understand is why change the colours of the English flag? Its the flag of England not a kit, if you are ok with the flag being different colours lets change the actual flag ?
the reason is unbelievable, so its more inclusive and not nationalistic ?? what's more nationalistic that the countries football team shirt ?? do we take the 3 lions off so the front isn't nationalistic too?
It's not actually a flag though is it?

It's an element of a flag that has been incorporated into a piece of clothing. A design feature if you will. There have been dozens of England shirts with zero nods to the Cross of St George on them.

It's just a design feature - and I'm tempted to buy one as it's been years since I owned an offensive t shirt
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

I can only remember the 1998 England Shirt having the flag on it, little tag below the button. Might be wrong though.
Portchesterblue2
Billy The Boot Boy

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:49 am

It's an element of a flag that has been incorporated into a piece of clothing. A design feature if you will. There have been dozens of England shirts with zero nods to the Cross of St George on them.

It's just a design feature - and I'm tempted to buy one as it's been years since I owned an offensive t shirt
:rofl love it 1984

havent got an issue if there is no flag on it, but if you are going to the trouble of putting a flag on it, then put the flag on it, not a playful spin on it
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 45 times

Post by phat_chris »

Pompey1984+1 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:49 am

Exactly. It isn't a flag. In fact, I can find no other examples of a cross existing on the back of the neck on any previous shirt and precious few examples of the red cross on previous shirts. This first example on the back of the neck is just a colourful cross on a blue background. Certainly not something to get worked up about. Also, to the suggestion that the design is to promote inclusion, I ask which groups? That combination of colours doesn't represent any group I am aware of.