Lincoln tickets

General chat room. Pompey related or not, but PLEASE keep it reasonably clean.

Moderators: Kingofstar, Chris_in_LA, lakespfc, Admin, General Mods

phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 47 times

Re: Lincoln tickets

Post by phat_chris »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:21 pm
Selsey Bill wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 12:59 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:52 am After some period of reflection after missing out on tickets despite attending the majority of games over the last 2 seasons I feel that I'm getting on my hobby horse again
The current loyalty scheme whereby points last forever is preventing the growth of our away fan base
Had we attended every away game plus our season tickets the maximum points we could possibly have is 90 as we were excluded from some games last year due to lack of points I would suggest only fans with 3+ years points would have got tickets yesterday therefore that will always be the case as unless points are time limited the thresholds will rise and perpetuate this.
Surely it's reasonable to award loyalty and still allow younger/newer away fans to be part of that as they mature,and are able to attend matches otherwise we will end up with a hard-core of older fans or the same old faces every week
There are rumours that the club may look at amending the system over the summer whilst still taking into account the needs of this hard-core of older fans after yesterday I think it's becoming obvious this is needed if we want to continue to grow our fan base
That's it rant over
I hear you 55, it's a really tricky one. I have thought this for a while now, but I am not sure what a fairer solution is? Perhaps a mix of loyalty and ballot? For me this is one of the most significant reasons that we need to get out of this darn league. Most clubs in the Championship will have far bigger away fan ticket allocations, so this issue will become less of a problem.
What brought this on was my granddaughter bringing to my attention some posts elsewhere in which people were boasting about getting tickets because they had 200 points who when challenged were adamant that points should last forever.
She commented that they were built up over 5 years and ours over 2 years but we would always be at a disadvantage if points last so long. It was her who pointed out that people of her generation are our supporters of the future but seem to be treated as second class citizens by the "old guard" who will not be here forever
So the old guard hoovering up the supply so the younger people don't have a chance to get what they want. Seems very unfair. Seems like a problem I've seen somewhere before...
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 179 times

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Pompey55 wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:52 am After some period of reflection after missing out on tickets despite attending the majority of games over the last 2 seasons I feel that I'm getting on my hobby horse again
The current loyalty scheme whereby points last forever is preventing the growth of our away fan base
Had we attended every away game plus our season tickets the maximum points we could possibly have is 90 as we were excluded from some games last year due to lack of points I would suggest only fans with 3+ years points would have got tickets yesterday therefore that will always be the case as unless points are time limited the thresholds will rise and perpetuate this.
Surely it's reasonable to award loyalty and still allow younger/newer away fans to be part of that as they mature,and are able to attend matches otherwise we will end up with a hard-core of older fans or the same old faces every week
There are rumours that the club may look at amending the system over the summer whilst still taking into account the needs of this hard-core of older fans after yesterday I think it's becoming obvious this is needed if we want to continue to grow our fan base
That's it rant over
I hear you 55, it's a really tricky one. I have thought this for a while now, but I am not sure what a fairer solution is? Perhaps a mix of loyalty and ballot? For me this is one of the most significant reasons that we need to get out of this darn league. Most clubs in the Championship will have far bigger away fan ticket allocations, so this issue will become less of a problem.
It will help if we are ****** too.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

phat_chris wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 1:53 pm
That's it rant over
What brought this on was my granddaughter bringing to my attention some posts elsewhere in which people were boasting about getting tickets because they had 200 points who when challenged were adamant that points should last forever.
She commented that they were built up over 5 years and ours over 2 years but we would always be at a disadvantage if points last so long. It was her who pointed out that people of her generation are our supporters of the future but seem to be treated as second class citizens by the "old guard" who will not be here forever
So the old guard hoovering up the supply so the younger people don't have a chance to get what they want. Seems very unfair. Seems like a problem I've seen somewhere before...
Wooooah.
BlueinPLtwenty
Guy Whittingham
Has liked: 226 times
Been liked: 111 times

Post by BlueinPLtwenty »

I wish I was going, but it`s not to be on a number of issues. I hope everyone enjoys the occasion.

For Plymouth in 1983; Bradford 2003; Cheltenham 2017 I was there! In 1962 & 1987 as well as Northampton 1980 I regretted that for various reasons I could not attend. Co-incidentally I notice that in 1962 our last match also was at Lincoln (it was a `desmond` 2-2)
You can take the man out of Pompey
But you can`t take Pompey out of the man
Jaspers ghost
Collins Mbesuma
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 6 times

Post by Jaspers ghost »

Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:45 pm
Pompey55 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:09 pm
Sam_Brown wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 7:24 pm If I could give you one 55 I would.
If I misinterpreted that comment Mrs 55 would be upset😂

Well how badly do you want a ticket :smt077 :smt077 :smt077 :smt077
Pompey 1955 will be after a safe standing place then :-)
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Think i'm going over for a bit of a day out with some non-pompey mates.
Dsection
Collins Mbesuma
Been liked: 1 time

Post by Dsection »

That's it rant over
So you think it is unfair that the people who have followed the club through thick and thin all over the country, should give up the tickets to young uns or people who have all of a sudden appeared. Really!!!
phat_chris
Milan Mandaric
Been liked: 47 times

Post by phat_chris »

Dsection wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:42 pm
That's it rant over
So you think it is unfair that the people who have followed the club through thick and thin all over the country, should give up the tickets to young uns or people who have all of a sudden appeared. Really!!!
I think everyone should have equal opportunity to experience our great club play. After all, if the next generation does not get a chance then there will not be a next generation of supporters.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

Glastonbury doesn't do loyality points.
Pompey1984+1
Billy The Boot Boy

Post by Pompey1984+1 »

That's it rant over
I'm assuming you were young once?
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman
Been liked: 157 times

Post by Pompey55 »

That's it rant over
Not at all I advocate is points are time limited so younger fans who are building points by going every game home and away for a time should be able to move up the thresholds if points are everlasting all that happens is the thresholds rise higher and higher thus stopping for example someone who has been to all but handful of available games for 2 years still stay pretty much in the same level for ever
I believe that the club will for next season limited points for 3 years after which they drop off a fair system for all
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

I think it’s fair to reward fans who came to games when we weren’t doing so well last season over the Johnny come latelies like myself who have been trying to get to more games this season now we are doing well. I do agree there should be a rolling two or three year period for the points. I don’t think we’ve breached that yet. Let’s see what happens next season. I imagine with the larger capacity stadiums in the championship it’s going to be less of an issue.
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:21 am I think it’s fair to reward fans who came to games when we weren’t doing so well last season over the Johnny come latelies like myself who have been trying to get to more games this season now we are doing well. I do agree there should be a rolling two or three year period for the points. I don’t think we’ve breached that yet. Let’s see what happens next season. I imagine with the larger capacity stadiums in the championship it’s going to be less of an issue.
There is apparently a meeting with some of those fans with 5/6 years points shortly to explain why those points can not be everlasting
We were those who went to every available game for last 2 seasons but still are not moving that much up the levels
IT’s suggested that only about 800 have 80 plus points
Sam_Brown
Kev the Kitman
Has liked: 101 times
Been liked: 151 times

Post by Sam_Brown »

Pompey55 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:29 am
Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:21 am I think it’s fair to reward fans who came to games when we weren’t doing so well last season over the Johnny come latelies like myself who have been trying to get to more games this season now we are doing well. I do agree there should be a rolling two or three year period for the points. I don’t think we’ve breached that yet. Let’s see what happens next season. I imagine with the larger capacity stadiums in the championship it’s going to be less of an issue.
There is apparently a meeting with some of those fans with 5/6 years points shortly to explain why those points can not be everlasting
We were those who went to every available game for last 2 seasons but still are not moving that much up the levels
So just to confirm so I’m clear... points totals currently include the last 5 years?
Coeli lux nostra ductrix
Pompey55
Kev the Kitman

Post by Pompey55 »

Sam_Brown wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:35 am
Pompey55 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:29 am
So just to confirm so I’m clear... points totals currently include the last 5 years?
Just checked again it was 2019/20 season it started so 4 years just I work roughly on 200 points as 30 points a season until it changed last season
So what the club may be offering is a fair compromise
The 80 points threshold was based on the fact after supporters clubs sponsors and staff only 800 approx remained from the 1100 allocation but that's an all together situation which complicates the allocation of tickets